Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:24 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Is this one of those good friends of yours who has a terrible girlfriend and probably wants to date you?

Just checking.

He should pay his obligation as far as the lease is concerned.

That's about it. She can stay there and pay the rest of it and the bills in the place, which is still a pretty sweet deal for her.
He is one of my best friends and has been since we were kids.

If he wanted me, he would not be with her.

I agree with you. We have all told him to talk to landlord to get out of lease because he can't live the way that he has been, and if not possible, pay his half directly to landlord until end of lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 09:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Lol she is a real piece of work. She cannot afford to pay the rent and all of the expenses to support her and her two children. She needs him financially. I think that is why she keeps sucking him in. It is not like she treats him right and wants him. If she did, she would not be wanting other men to.

Why he stays in the situation is a mystery to me.
Is the bigger mystery to you why this guy (who is probably a nice person, in your estimation) is with a woman who has 2 kids that aren't his, and you are struggling to find a guy you like who will accept your two kids and is a nice person?

I mean this quite seriously. Because I cannot ever recall seeing you come in here to complain about one of your female friends who has a bad relationship with some dude that's a loser, but you have come in here a good many times to complain about how badly the guy friends you have are being treated by women.

Just got me thinking. I know that if I was a single mother who couldn't find a guy to date that I actually wanted to date, but some of my nice guy friends were shacked up with women who had kids, and those women seemed not to be good mates, I'd feel even more frustrated with my situation.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
He is one of my best friends and has been since we were kids.

If he wanted me, he would not be with her.

I agree with you. We have all told him to talk to landlord to get out of lease because he can't live the way that he has been, and if not possible, pay his half directly to landlord until end of lease.
But, is he the sort of guy (if he wasn't one of your BFFs from since you were kids) that you WOULD want to date if you met him at the local McDonalds or some such?

Because maybe those types of friends CAN TELL YOU why you're not successful in meeting guys you want to date there in your hometown. Or maybe you already asked him, I dunno.

Just another thought for ya.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Is the bigger mystery to you why this guy (who is probably a nice person, in your estimation) is with a woman who has 2 kids that aren't his, and you are struggling to find a guy you like who will accept your two kids and is a nice person?

I mean this quite seriously. Because I cannot ever recall seeing you come in here to complain about one of your female friends who has a bad relationship with some dude that's a loser, but you have come in here a good many times to complain about how badly the guy friends you have are being treated by women.

Just got me thinking. I know that if I was a single mother who couldn't find a guy to date that I actually wanted to date, but some of my nice guy friends were shacked up with women who had kids, and those women seemed not to be good mates, I'd feel even more frustrated with my situation.
I only have one single female friend and her last boyfriend was my ex. I am over talking about him, in both my life and hers.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I only have one single female friend and her last boyfriend was my ex. I am over talking about him, in both my life and hers.
Do you have a good many female friends? I'm guessing not.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've never been big on having too many of them, either.

Always got along better with guys.

It would be interesting to find out why your guy friend keeps on going back to this woman. What exactly, is she doing to make that happen?

How'd he get involved with her in the first place?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:

But yes it does baffle me why these guys stay with these crazy women and yet I am completely single. I give up trying to date. I have no patience for the losers and can't attract the good guys. I am done...

Old 02-03-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
But yes it does baffle me why these guys stay with these crazy women and yet I am completely single. I give up trying to date. I have no patience for the losers and can't attract the good guys. I am done...
Don't go giving up. You're not old just yet.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Do you have a good many female friends? I'm guessing not.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've never been big on having too many of them, either.

Always got along better with guys.

It would be interesting to find out why your guy friend keeps on going back to this woman. What exactly, is she doing to make that happen?

How'd he get involved with her in the first place?
I do. They all have husbands and have been out of the dating game for years. I have an equal amount of girl and guy friends. I grew up in what was a small town when I was a kid. My core friends I have known most of my life.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
But, is he the sort of guy (if he wasn't one of your BFFs from since you were kids) that you WOULD want to date if you met him at the local McDonalds or some such?

Because maybe those types of friends CAN TELL YOU why you're not successful in meeting guys you want to date there in your hometown. Or maybe you already asked him, I dunno.

Just another thought for ya.
He is the type of guy I want. He just says he wishes he was the guy in my life. Don't know. I have already dated, lived with or been married to most of his friends/ cousins. I do not see the potential for meeting anyone through him.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Don't go giving up. You're not old just yet.
Oh I am done. I am not sure age is the issue. But I have tried to change things about me, where I go, who I go with and my dating life was still abysmal.

I decided to jump back into the real estate game and that should keep me plenty busy without a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships