Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 12:02 PM

718 posts, read 615,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ill take your word for it. I'm not sure how due to being male they could be more vulnerable. They may engage a particular activity where it is more easily transmitted (ahem), I'm guessing that is what was being implied/stated, but plenty of men and women engage in that as well.
There is a plethora of biological and social factors. But when my professor discussed, essentially, gay men typically have anal sex and the tears in the rectum allows for blood contact with the penis so HIV is transmitted much easier than BJ's or vaginal sex. Gay men are at higher risk of contracting HIV than heterosexual men because they practice anal sex more often.

However, women are the highest carriers of HIV and are responsible for transmitting it more than even gay men. That has more to do with social factors, though.

Anyhow, I don't think all gay men have aids. It's just anal sex comes more risks for contracting STD'S and it's more prevalent with the homosexual community than the heterosexual.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:03 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
I really think you need to make sure the relationship with the woman is secure, before you start suggesting a threesome. Of course you may not care as much for her as you do for him. But I think that bringing it up and trying that night, will explode in your face, no pun intended. It really depends what this woman knows. If she knows you are bisexual, and has voiced her interest, having someone waiting in the wings, may get her pissed off. Anytime you suggest a threesome, it's better for the couple to go find someone they both want. Another thing you need to understand, is that she may want a threesome with two men, but would be sickened if the two men interacted. While some women would enjoy having that type of threesome, others will want the men to focus only on her. Ground rules need to be in place, and boundaries respected.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:05 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And you're another one who should do your basic simple research and learn the facts. In the time it took you to post, you could have learned how your position is simply incorrect.
Again, I have never had any sexual contact with anyone. I have never kissed anyone. I have never given or received oral or anal sex.

Where would I get an STD other than a blood transfusion?

Having said that yes of course I intend to use a condom if the time ever comes for me to lose my virginity, unless of course I am sleeping with a woman for the purpose of giving her a child, that is to say, being a sperm donor by natural insemination. Other than that I would use a condom.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:05 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
There is a plethora of biological and social factors. But when my professor discussed, essentially, gay men typically have anal sex and the tears in the rectum allows for blood contact with the penis so HIV is transmitted much easier than BJ's or vaginal sex. Gay men are at higher risk of contracting HIV than heterosexual men because they practice anal sex more often.

However, women are the highest carriers of HIV and are responsible for transmitting it more than even gay men. That has more to do with social factors, though.

Anyhow, I don't think all gay men have aids. It's just anal sex comes more risks for contracting STD'S and it's more prevalent with the homosexual community than the heterosexual.
Right, it is the activity, not the orientation or gender.

Bold: That is/was especially true in Africa where the men leave the rural countryside to the urban areas for work, sleep with prostitutes, then return to their wives. A huge factor in the spread in Africa.

Italics: You might be right, but I'll say, you could convince me otherwise!! It's pretty rare for me to hook up with a girl that isn't into it.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
There is a plethora of biological and social factors. But when my professor discussed, essentially, gay men typically have anal sex and the tears in the rectum allows for blood contact with the penis
Right, and the person to whom you replied noted that women also have anal sex with men.

Basically you should use a condom always, if you are having sex with any male.

Technically, lesbians should be using protection too; there are barriers they can put on the other woman's organ so they can lick that and not expose themselves to an STD.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:11 PM

718 posts, read 615,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Right, and the person to whom you replied noted that women also have anal sex with men.

Technically, lesbians should be using protection too; there are barriers they can put on the other woman's organ so they can lick that and not expose themselves to an STD.
Yes, of course women engage in anal sex, as well. However, gay men can only engage in anal sex, not vaginal. Therefore, it is much more common for them to put themselves at risks (when not using a condom), than a women who sometimes has vaginal and anal.

But everyone should use a condom, agreed.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:20 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
Quote:

Anytime you are not in an exclusive relationship with someone you trust, condoms should be used, it doesn't matter if you are straight, bi, or gay. Women should always have condoms available, and insist in their partner using them. Never assume that men will be responsible and carry them. Taking responsibility for your own health is the only choice.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:22 PM

So this web site lists four ways you can get STDs without having sex

4 Ways You Can Get An STD Without Having Sex | Her Campus

But, the only thing they list that I have done is sit on a toilet seat. And I always dry it off before sitting, and use those "for your protection" paper covers if available.

Of course getting it that way is extremely unlikely. The infection would have to be alive on the seat, and you would have to have a cut in your skin at exactly the right place. Those "for your protection" things are basically psychological. If the surface is dry, you are reasonably safe.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:29 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
I'm a virgin but yes I would use protection the first time I had sex, unless I'm losing my virginity for the purpose of being a sperm donor through natural insemination....
You keep talking like that and you're going to be a virgin for a lot longer.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:30 PM

106 posts, read 151,120 times
Quote:
The term "convince" has me cringing a little bit.

I think there's a fine line between convincing and pressuring, especially when it comes to sex.

You just need to be honest and be direct in what you're asking from her. Don't try to manipulate her or the situation, don't be sly or coy about and definitely don't try to pressure her into agreeing.

She'll either be into it or not. Simple.
I'm not going to pressure anyone, especially her. i consider her a genuine friend and there's no way i would pressure her into anything she wasn't comfortable with; i am not that way inclined. i just don't want to ask her outright as that may put her off if she would actually be all for it, as it could come off as insensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships