Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 04:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,290,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where he's failed is in finding one he wouldn't want to get rid of.
You have a point. The one problem he has is that he never tries to be friends with a woman.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,127,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You have a point. The one problem he has is that he never tries to be friends with a woman.
If he only sees women as disposable - then of course he's better of not having a relationship with anyone. If you can't respect an entire gender - then you really have no business trying to have a relationship with one of them.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:13 PM

366 posts, read 410,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I actually agree with this part, but i would say "many men" and i would add that the pretty face (and figure) will often be tolerated, even when the woman has a lot of bad things going for her. How else can you explain "the trophy wife"?
Trophy wives are by far the minority. Even then, many of them are educated and do have a lot going for them.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,823,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It takes very little skill to obtain a women/wife. The skill is in keeping her.
You're a wise man for such a young guy, hawaiian.

If men remember this bit of wisdom after they marry, they will remain happily married men for the rest of their lives. Their wives will make certain of it.

48,452 posts, read 34,679,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, whose fault is this?

Let's pretend what you're saying is 100% true.

Maybe men should demand more from the women they date than a pretty face. Perhaps date one because she understands your situation and likes you anyway.

Just a logical thought.

REPEAT. REPEAT. REPEAT.

If guys will date some pretty face with nothing else going for them, that's only a problem they can fix. Improve your standards if they are this low. As mentioned a million times, if you marry someone equal to you financially, you can stop with the whole alimony complaint if there is a divorce.

I don't know any men who end up with women who are pretty and that's all.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

8,920 posts, read 7,698,555 times
I want to see if I'm understanding this correctly:

Isn't it A LOT OF THOSE MEN'S faults that women are receiving the attention that we "don't deserve?"

From what I can tell it all goes back to those men (more specifically the ones who complain about unnecessary crap like this.)

A LOT OF YOU are the ones who want sex/love from us. (Women want that in return but most women I know put in the work for it. If they didn't there wouldn't be so many men and women in relationships now.)

A LOT OF THOSE MEN are the ones who give us ALL that "attention."

A LOT OF THOSE MEN are the ones that want the "hottest women."

A LOT OF THOSE MEN tell lies in order to get sex and end up looking like jerks afterwards. (And don't try to use the "women make us tell lies" argument because no one put a gun to your head and made you do anything.)

A LOT OF THOSE MEN are the ones who settle for women with just pretty faces regardless of how rotten they are.

So if you want to get technical it seems as though you don't want to do any of the work it takes to have a meaningful relationship....mainly sex to be more accurate.This is just what I get from posts like this. Don't blame women for YOUR issues in the dating realm.

In other words...you can't get mad.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,823,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
If you got enough skill to obtain her then you should have enough skill to keep her. Am I right.
Oh, no. An entirely different set of skills are a must for longevity. Kind of like the difference between having the right skills to land the job, and then having the right stuff to get multiple promotions.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,290,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It takes very little skill to obtain a women/wife. The skill is in keeping her.
That's when the true work begins.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:38 PM

58 posts, read 45,699 times
Keeping women is easy. I require fresh food and water daily and the occasional "attagirl" pat on the rear. Keeps my mind on my business.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:47 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,300,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You're a wise man for such a young guy, hawaiian.

If men remember this bit of wisdom after they marry, they will remain happily married men for the rest of their lives. Their wives will make certain of it.
Lol. Unfortunately, I still lack the Kung Fu (skills) necessary to keep a woman around, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships