Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 08:17 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Imo&ime, the effort in obtaining a woman is miniscule, compared to the effort in keeping/maintaining a healthy loving long relationship.

If you find this to be false? explain to me why you're still single and not with the previous women in your life?
I'm in the "find it to be false" category. I can't apply my reasoning to all men that feel this way, but I'm still single because I like the variety of dating multiple women. I'm not with the previous women in my life for any number of reasons: got bored, wanted to date or sleep with other women, etc.

The endgame isn't "find a mate and settle down" for everyone.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Completely false. I really have no idea where so many of you people come up with this crud.
Only on this forum do I read these bizarre posts. These men must all be on the strange island where it's them and only young beautiful women.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:21 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm in the "find it to be false" category. I can't apply my reasoning to all men that feel this way, but I'm still single because I like the variety of dating multiple women. I'm not with the previous women in my life for any number of reasons: got bored, wanted to date or sleep with other women, etc.

The endgame isn't "find a mate and settle down" for everyone.
I understand. You and many others guys just want to get laid. Totally understandable. I was the same way; juggling numerous women on a monthly basis (very time consuming and a lot of elbow grease) but still no comparison in the effort in keeping a long term relationship (The compromising, understanding, drama, bickering, sameO face-sameO sex just a different day routine, etc) can take toll on a person, Lmao. For me, its far more easier to amass numerous women to bang than trying to develop a meaningful relationship that would last 10+ years or more.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:17 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
I understand. You and many others guys just want to get laid. Totally understandable. I was the same way; juggling numerous women on a monthly basis (very time consuming and a lot of elbow grease) but still no comparison in the effort in keeping a long term relationship (The compromising, understanding, drama, bickering, sameO face-sameO sex just a different day routine, etc) can take toll on a person, Lmao. For me, its far more easier to amass numerous women to bang than trying to develop a meaningful relationship that would last 10+ years or more.
It's the "for me" element that's important. It's one thing to suggest that it's easier for YOU to start relationships than to continue them, but it's another to suggest that it's that way for everyone. My experience has been the opposite, at least thus far. As is often the case, YMMV.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Ultimately, women are the selectors. So they win in the end. Many men just settle for the first woman that will have them.
Men also are selectors. Men choose which women to approach. If women do the approaching, men choose whether to be open to the approach or to walk away.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:23 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
It's the "for me" element that's important. It's one thing to suggest that it's easier for YOU to start relationships than to continue them, but it's another to suggest that it's that way for everyone. My experience has been the opposite, at least thus far. As is often the case, YMMV.
You're saying it's harder for you to start a relationship than to keep one going long-term. And yet you also say that you like to date multiple women at once. You prefer variety. But in order to get that variety, you need to be able to initiate relationships with relative ease.

There seems to be a contradiction there. Could you clarify?

Old 02-04-2015, 10:30 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,467 times
It goes it phases for some guys. In my early twenties it was easy to start or sustain a relationship. In my mid twenties it was hard to start one, but easy to sustain. When I met my wife I had to put on quite an act but once we got past the first part and saw the real me she was good with that too. I say all of that to say that guys shouldn't pretend to be someone they're not, but sometimes it works if you're willing to be sincere afterwards.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:31 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
Face it every man would put up with a pretty faced woman even if she has nothing going for her. The same is not true for the opposite. A man with nothing going for him is quick to be called out as weird, a bum, unambitious, not making the best of his usefullness, ect. Why?

Is it because men are expected to lead and be a outpost for others to live their lives based on.

Correction,

I will PLAY with a pretty woman who has nothing going for her not date her

Old 02-04-2015, 10:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Correction,

I will PLAY with a pretty woman who has nothing going for her not date her
I thought this too, when I read this post. Nobody wants to go longterm with someone that they can't relate with...no matter how pretty.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:38 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:

I definitely agree with this.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships