Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 AM

621 posts, read 1,033,323 times

Advertisements

Have any of you, ever like gone out with someone like a family member or friend and they were married or engaged or had a partner etc. And let's say you and them are driving around or walking around the store and all of the sudden that guy notices a women walk by and that guy just turns their head and really checks her out, even though he is in the presents of you, another women. How would this make you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 11:35 AM

805 posts, read 1,559,193 times
My ex would do this-one time we were walking at Nordstorm and he was staring at a women, kept staring as he was walking and walked right into a display. He did it all the time, no matter where we were.
It did not make me feel anything- but I knew he was a douche. We split up after 14 years of marriage because he wanted to go live with his girlfriend (hmmm, wonder if that was the woman from Nordstrom lol).

Old 02-11-2015, 11:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
My husband and I point out that stuff to one another all the time. He's not all obvious about it, that's stupid.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
Sometimes it can't be helped.

Like a women in neon Orange sweats that you could see through walking around target all la de da

Old 02-11-2015, 11:40 AM

366 posts, read 411,136 times
Douche move. More so if it's your man doing it.

Everyone looks but have a little class when you do it. No drooling.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:40 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
Have any of you, ever like gone out with someone like a family member or friend and they were married or engaged or had a partner etc. And let's say you and them are driving around or walking around the store and all of the sudden that guy notices a women walk by and that guy just turns their head and really checks her out, even though he is in the presents of you, another women. How would this make you feel?
They're just a family member or friend. Why would I care?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:49 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,713,798 times
If someone is coupled up they should show a little restraint in observing the opposite sex. Sneak a peak or so, but not walking into displays at the mall level of ogling....

Matter of fact, you probably should be somewhat discreet even if you aren't coupled up already... It seems sort of rude to stare at people in general.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:57 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I'm fine with it. I check out people too. I'm not dead, for God's sake.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:16 PM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
My husband and I both look. In fact if anyone is likely to point something out, it's me, to him. Neither of us does it in such a way that the person is likely to notice though, or random passers by would see what was up, like turning around or walking into things.

We were at pool one night, there was a woman shooting who obviously chose her top to showcase her assets. Many women at pool do this in the actual hope of distracting male opponents and throwing them off their game. Well, when we shot against that team again, I jokingly murmured to my husband (bear in mind we are D&D nerds, too, so this will make sense to anyone familiar with the dice stuff of tabletop gaming), I said, "I'm not going to have you shoot against her, I know you get a penalty in saves versus boobs." We both laughed.

If I were with a man who had a propensity for cheating, or if I were insecure about my marriage for some other major reason, if I suspected there was more to it than looking, I might be upset. Otherwise...nah. Don't care.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:25 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,243 times
there's no sin in LOOKING, but there are more and less classy ways to do it.

I would feel more secure about a partner who aimlessly gawked and just remarked outloud at the mall
than the quiet girl who had 100+ numbers in her phone's address book of "friends"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships