Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 11:22 AM

116 posts, read 179,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I think so.

At least in my circle, if a guy is "rejected", there is no getting mad, you just move on.

To the OP, again, why not just talk to the guy. Most guys I know would find it refreshing if a girl would just come out and say, "Hey, I'm interested". There is no need for games.
I feel like the word "rejected" is too harsh. I didn't really "reject" him in a mean, or harsh way. He was drunk, but he was saying how beautiful I was, and how he wanted to kiss me, but I declined it because I was dating a different guy at the time. I was nice about it, and I told him that it wouldn't be right to the guy I was dating, and that he was really nice to compliment me. He stopped after that, but like I said, he was drunk, and I was with a guy. So, I didn't think it was anything serious, or if he would even remember. I noticed after that night is when he stopped flirting with me. I feel intimidated to talk to him now because I feel like it's too late. I am not trying to play games, I am just afraid if he's going to get satisfaction out of saying "I don't have feelings for you" to get back at me? Or if he really doesn't have feelings, and then me making a fool out of myself. It's iffy now. Him trying to hook me up with his friend really threw me off. Thank you for sharing your opinion. I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 11:41 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,806 times
He's not a mind reader. Just tell him you're interested now that you're single, and for God's sake, stop calling him "bro."

Old 02-05-2015, 12:15 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
You sure do hang around a lot of sloppy drunks.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:19 PM

133 posts, read 211,921 times
I've had that same thing happened to me at least twice and once it was the guy i lost my virginity too.. I was really hurt that he would try and do that..It's either 2 things..He wants to get you jealous by acting like he doesn't care so you would like him more or he thinks your a great girl just not for him..I know it's hard but kinda take it as a compliment that he would try to hook you up with his friends..he thinks your worthy of it...

Old 02-05-2015, 12:26 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times
he is trying to help you find someone.
He respects you, wants to see you be happy.

You're looking way too deep in to it and trying to justify your feelings over being "dropped" as a love interest

Also, you can't be "just" friends with someone you have these type of feelings for....as you can see with how it's making you feel and act. It's your call on whether or not you can stomach all the BS that comes with opposing agenda friendships...but personally I wouldn't allow myself to get any closer, it only get worse the more you justify Maintaining a "friendship" wih those who you have other feelings for.

Last edited by rego00123; 02-05-2015 at 12:42 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 06:19 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,224 times
Well, I would just tell him then. And if he's really moved on already, then it's time for you to move on as well.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:21 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,277,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarOpposite View Post
This is a different guy, I am not referring to the one I recently posted about it. However, I am very close to him too. I am close to this guy, and we hang a lot. He flirted with me a lot, but I was seeing a guy at the time, so I rejected him. He seemed very interested in me, but it turned into a friendship. Now, I am single, and I wanted to give him a chance, but I don't like how he tried to hook me up with his friend. He sent me a pic of him and this dude. Here's a text conversation.

Him: Do you think he's cute?
Me: (I didn't want to be mean) Yeah. Who's that?
Him: My dude. He wants to chill and meet you friday.
Me: Umm..Eric what are you trying to do? Lol. I don't want hooked up bro!
Him: He can't get any girl, so I told him of you, and he thought he was ugly.
Me: Aww..he's not ugly, but I don't want to be hooked up.
Him: Naw, I wasn't. He thought he was ugly. That's all.
Him: I wasn't trying to hook you up, I was hooking him up lol.

I guess this is a for sure sign he's not into me anymore? What do you get from this? Is he playing games? He was very interested in me in the beginning, but now this threw me off because he was trying to hook his friend up with me. I don't know. I want to hear your perspective on it. Thanks.
Sounds immature. No way your friend should be in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships