Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 06:04 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Are you effing kidding? She's gorgeous! So much so that I actually have some doubts that someone that looks like that would write a post like this. I was definitely not expecting someone that looked like her after I read the OP. It's a selfie so I wouldn't expect it to be some perfect pose.

Her profile says 5'1," 105 lbs which the picture appears to substantiate. That makes her a 15/10 by internet standards.

If she's a 6, I want to know what your definition of 10 is. Freaking Helen of Troy or something...
Ratings are relative to your experience and locale, but 6 seems reasonable. A 10 would be absolute perfection. I don't think I have ever seen a 10. Most people are going to be a 5 (average).

This girl is closer to a 10, but still not a 10 because a 10 is absolute perfection and that doesn't exist..

http://acelebritymag.com/wp-content/...14/11/368.jpeg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 10:14 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,235,755 times
Not all of us consider models all that great and all ratings are going to be subjective and arbitrary.

To me, being near the appropriate height/weight ratio alone justifies 7+. The average woman in the U.S. is size 14 or something like that; overweight. The OP's profile pic satisfies that and she is pretty to boot, making her more like 8+/9.

People also have different looks & styles, ie: athletic, hipster, grunge, preppy, nerdy, country etc... and some people can rock their particular look so there are different classes of 7-10. OP has a kind of "business casual secretary" look and she's rocking that. I'd prefer she go with her natural hair color since I like brunettes better anyway, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Ratings are relative to your experience and locale, but 6 seems reasonable. A 10 would be absolute perfection. I don't think I have ever seen a 10. Most people are going to be a 5 (average).

This girl is closer to a 10, but still not a 10 because a 10 is absolute perfection and that doesn't exist..

http://acelebritymag.com/wp-content/...14/11/368.jpeg

Old 02-05-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Not all of us consider models all that great and all ratings are going to be subjective and arbitrary.
That photo wasn't a model, but an actress and of course the rating system is arbitrary. Case in point, my friend thinks that actress isn't attractive at all due to her strong jawline and high cheekbones, but for some reason it works for me.

Quote:
To me, being near the appropriate height/weight ratio alone justifies 7+. The average woman in the U.S. is size 14 or something like that; overweight. The OP's profile pic satisfies that and she is pretty to boot, making her more like 8+/9.
That's where we differ, but that is also why I said the ratings depend on your experiences and locale. I never had to deal with fat girls and instead of bumping up a girl due to the laziness of others I would drop the other girls down. Now, the average US woman may indeed be a 14, but that gets skewed by income strata, age, location, and race. A quick search indicates that size 14 women are 150-175lbs, that is obscene, but is nowhere near the average near me unless I'm just that good at pulling above average girls and the fat girls are staying home at night because I'm just not seeing them.

OP is pretty, above average even, but not a 10. I could maybe see her being a localized 8, maybe, but for that she needs to have a nice chest and butt or live around ugly people. Most of the good looking actresses are going to be around 8's imo. 9's will be world's most beautiful and 10's? Well, I don't think they exist.

Quote:
People also have different looks & styles, ie: athletic, hipster, grunge, preppy, nerdy, country etc... and some people can rock their particular look so there are different classes of 7-10. OP has a kind of "business casual secretary" look and she's rocking that. I'd prefer she go with her natural hair color since I like brunettes better anyway, but whatever.
Of course, that's why there will never be a 10. The 10's (or as close as you can get to a 10) are dating billionaires, but the 10 to a construction worker may only be a 3 to a hedge fund billionaire. Similarly, what is a 10 to me may not be a 10 to you.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:45 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,445 times
You dont need to "make him" tell you anything. Back off and let him come to you. Give him a chance to miss you and wonder what you might be doing in his absence. Meanwhile, get busy finding your happy place.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,083 times
Smile Distant

Sometimes I just have a quiet day or a few quiet days.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:47 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Stop doing the long distance thing, you are in your 30ies now. You have the looks to find someone local who will treat you right.

This guy's first love is hunting apparently.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:52 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Stop doing the long distance thing, you are in your 30ies now. You have the looks to find someone local who will treat you right.

This guy's first love is hunting apparently.
Yeah, that hunting too much thing is weird. I've seen it before. You'll never be first in his life.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:48 AM

271 posts, read 157,138 times
He sounds like he has generally been busy recently - which is neither of your faults... so stop feeling sorry for yourself and thinking that your relationship is over. It shows a lack of understanding from your part and almost like you don't even care to save the relationship...

Try to understand that he has just been busy and that you are only feeling like the relationship is over because you haven't spent anytime together.

You should most definitely stop with your immature and unnecessary stupid texts, and try to spend some time together when you can... please don't worry I think it is only just a rough patch and you two just need to spend some time together.

P.S it seems like he could be quite tired with all of the texting, which is only normal with a long distance relationship so try to give him a break - would you be able to visit him for a change? Because that would be good for you relationship and work in both of your favors.

Last edited by palmtrees099; 02-06-2015 at 07:00 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 07:36 AM

133 posts, read 211,947 times
Well yesterday was the first day he's been at work and he didn't text me anything all day. At this point, I don't care I can do better..any person who puts hunting and golf above me isn't for me. He is letting the best person that ever came into his life on the backburner...he will never meet anyone like me again..no debt, in shape, good personality, very kind, and spiritual...ughhh it pisses me off...either way people like that have commitment issues and may be a lifelong bachelor..at any rate, I'm going to start taking some of these comments to heart even though there by strangers..it all makes sense..thanks for all the input! going to try and start building the confidence back up..btw my brother in law told me never to mess with a male in his 30's who's never been married that they do have commitment issues and to go with someone in their late 20's.He works with a ton of them on his boat offshore..which in the past i've always dated younger guys...go figure!! what is wrong with people?! I better hurry up the hunting for the 27+ now..time is ticking..I want children!!

Old 02-06-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky444 View Post
Well yesterday was the first day he's been at work and he didn't text me anything all day. At this point, I don't care I can do better..any person who puts hunting and golf above me isn't for me. He is letting the best person that ever came into his life on the backburner...he will never meet anyone like me again..no debt, in shape, good personality, very kind, and spiritual...ughhh it pisses me off...either way people like that have commitment issues and may be a lifelong bachelor..at any rate, I'm going to start taking some of these comments to heart even though there by strangers..it all makes sense..thanks for all the input! going to try and start building the confidence back up..btw my brother in law told me never to mess with a male in his 30's who's never been married that they do have commitment issues and to go with someone in their late 20's.He works with a ton of them on his boat offshore..which in the past i've always dated younger guys...go figure!! what is wrong with people?! I better hurry up the hunting for the 27+ now..time is ticking..I want children!!
That's the spirit. It takes virtually no time to text.

Re: the bold. Even if every guy wanted to get married, is a catch, and don't have commitment issues it is not mathematically possible for every guy to even get married by time they are 30, so I would not take that advice to heart.

The New, Interactive Singles Map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships