Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 05:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yes, body size matters!!! I don't think the OP sounds fat at all though. I have a not so funny story that maybe I'll laugh about eventually. If only I'd journaled all my dates since the divorce, I'd have a best seller and really could move to Spain and find the woman of my dreams. But I digress. Last night I had a date with a woman who described herself as "curvy". First off, I broke my #1 rule with online dating, which is no body shot, no date. She had 3 face shots. I asked her about her body and she said curvy. I went one farther and asked what that meant to her. I get a BS answer about women having curves, blah, blah, blah. So fine, met her for dinner. I found out "curvy" is the new word for fat. Or is that BBW? Who knows. Suffice it to say I will not make that mistake again. So that story just illustrates how body size and fitness matters. i'm into fitness, eat healthy, etc., and I refuse to ever date a woman who doesn't make an effort in those areas.
Curvy used to mean women with big boobs or big hips but not anymore. I have a very large upper body with large chest and somewhat broad shoulders but have slim hips. I used to call myself curvy because of my boobs but stopped when I realized it means fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 05:54 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Curvy used to mean women with big boobs or big hips but not anymore. I have a very large upper body with large chest and somewhat broad shoulders but have slim hips. I used to call myself curvy because of my boobs but stopped when I realized it means fat.
Curvy is not fat.

I was described on this board as curvy. I am 120-125lbs and wear size 2/4 jeans. Far from fat.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Curvy is not fat.

I was described on this board as curvy. I am 120-125lbs and wear size 2/4 jeans. Far from fat.
It's not supposed to be fat but many fat women call themselves curvy.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:56 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
It's not supposed to be fat but many fat women call themselves curvy.
They are just liars.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:57 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
Personally, I'm attracted to a lot of different body types. A sweet disposition goes a long way. Petite is OK, but not all women are meant to be that size. Just like how men can be stocky, wiry, top-heavy and the genetically blessed with great muscle mass and definition.

The face doesn't lie with women. Some women are chubby but their face shape/size is leaner than expected. That woman was probably meant to be heavier and probably looks better at her natural size. Ladies (in my experience) have to work much harder to reach a particular size. Just about every woman I know at work is far more disciplined with their eating habits than the men. Yet the men drop weight much quicker when trying.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:04 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
One thing you've said that I agree with. Call yourself "average" based on that description. This woman had a huge butt and legs the size of tree trunks. Just gross.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
One thing you've said that I agree with. Call yourself "average" based on that description. This woman had a huge butt and legs the size of tree trunks. Just gross.
I've tried average but that means heavy too. I don't do online anymore but would probably call myself muscular because I do have very muscular arms and legs.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:06 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Sounds awesome to me.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:07 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Curvy is not fat.

I would not describe you as curvy at the weight, depending on your height. Maybe average or even thin/athletic at that size.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:11 PM

535 posts, read 515,722 times
Size 2/4 is not curvy. But that's ok, you just don't get to have that *one* positive word define your body type. The majority of positive words are for your body type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships