Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:34 AM

621 posts, read 1,033,029 times

Advertisements

The guy I am dating currently, had this brief chat,

Him: "Do you really think I suit you?"

Me: "I think so, so far, we get along and have things in common I think, and we enjoy each other's time and company etc."

Him: "I'm starting to feel a little lead on, like a game, I need to be taken seriously."

So whats going on here, how am I leading him on? What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 01:19 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
How are we to know? Think about you're actions. Anything that might be throwing out that vibe?

It's also possible he's been toyed with a lot. Maybe he's gun shy.

Ooooor.....maybe he's looking for an out.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:29 AM

718 posts, read 615,795 times
lol
um
There needs to be a little more context here.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:39 AM

2 posts, read 1,802 times
Well, maybe he wants more of your attention.
When relationships were started , he had maximum attention from you, but now he mas less attention from you than before.
of course, he worries

Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Idk. If his gut instinct tells him he's being lead on....he probably is?

Old 03-03-2015, 05:13 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Well there's not enough info here.

What have you been doing together? Is this the guy from your last thread The Pick Up and Drop off thread?

You said something about waiting for sex. Have you had sex yet? Because not everyone actually holds out until marriage, even if that was the intent.

If not, maybe he's wondering why you won't sleep with him if you like him. Maybe you have given off a personality vibe of not being serious. Do you make 1st moves, like texting or calling him first? Do you make plans to get together or is he doing everything regarding initiating and planning?

Maybe he feels you aren't showing enough enthusiasm or that he's making the effort but you aren't.

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-03-2015 at 06:25 AM..

Old 03-03-2015, 05:18 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,385,476 times
I see it as a red flag.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:55 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
You probably are. I recall you don't want to have sex until marriage. Some of your other posts make you sound like a hardcore straight edger (or if you're west coast, maybe a headbanger / metal (NWN?) one, which is rare), which is cool, I used to be in that scene (way back: Youth of Today through early Earth Crisis eras), but in effect, "dating" someone in that lifestyle is really like being platonic friends with them. It can feel like being led on.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:23 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Don't know how long you've been dating...when guys say "lead on" they usually mean regarding sex. You can go as fast or as slow as you want but you need to be honest with him on giving him updates on how you feel and if things are "progressing". If he can't handle that then he's not for you.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:33 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,375 times
When I hear someone say that they think that another person is "leading them on" I think of a couple of things....

One is that the person feels that they are investing their time and energy in a relationship and the other person is not really serious about them. The fear they have is that they are going to get their feelings hurt and waste more of their time.

The other is about the sex. Sometimes women tease men and get them aroused to a point and then stop. There is a bit of game playing here when a woman does that to a man and I think it is quite immature. Or perhaps no actions are made like this--however, subtle hints or less subtle statements are made that you may be willing "if the time is right" and this goes on and on with one excuse or another ....which is leading the person on.

I am not sure if either or both of these apply to your situation. As others have posted, there is really not enough information provided and we really don't know enough about this man to determine what he is thinking. The best thing, I think, for you to do is bring this up to him and ask him what he means by that. If it is hard for you to talk to him, then you really need to work on the communication part of your relationship if it means that much to you.

One more thing....I did not read where you posted that you want to wait until you are married before having sexual relations with your partner. Someone said that you did post that, and if that is true, than that is fine. I think it only fair to yourself and to whoever you are dating, that you tell them early in the relationship this is how you feel. There are some men who do not want to wait and that is their choice. (And there are a ton of women who don't want to wait as well.) To get involved with someone when both of you disagree about a matter which is very important really would be a waste of time for both of you and why risk either party getting a broken heart? And don't feel you will not find someone who places the same importance on that aspect of the relationship as you do. They are out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships