Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is remaining an adult male virgin weird & wrong
Yes to both 9 7.69%
Yes, Weird 10 8.55%
Yes, Wrong 1 0.85%
No 91 77.78%
Wow 6 5.13%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times

Advertisements

Recent posts are missing the point, I think. Virgins who keep to themselves or consort only with other virgins are not at all anyone's concern. Nor should they be. Virgins who put themselves in harms way and attract everyday fornicators and thus force the conventionally enabled individual to have to consider life with someone who will not want to have sex with them is the issue. There are scads of people who are asexual and possibly virgins as well, and they live their lives in peace, without anyone's scorn or derision because they do not make the matter of their (lack of) sexuality an issue. They don't bring it up online... ... or in locker rooms, at bowling practice, or anywhere that normal people would not bring up their sexual habits. I remember well the frustration of dating virgin girls who wanted to be wined and dined and fallen in love with and promised marriage and till death us do part with only a few wet kisses and moist gropings to seal the deal. They would never consider the obviously virgin boys as fair game. I never got anywhere until after I lost my virginity. It's got to be really hard for a guy to play the virgin hand with a woman who isn't on the same page. I'd say he was getting off light if all he got was her shallow appraisal.

H

Old 02-21-2015, 10:33 PM

387 posts, read 355,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Recent posts are missing the point, I think. Virgins who keep to themselves or consort only with other virgins are not at all anyone's concern. Nor should they be. Virgins who put themselves in harms way and attract everyday fornicators and thus force the conventionally enabled individual to have to consider life with someone who will not want to have sex with them is the issue. There are scads of people who are asexual and possibly virgins as well, and they live their lives in peace, without anyone's scorn or derision because they do not make the matter of their (lack of) sexuality an issue. They don't bring it up online... ... or in locker rooms, at bowling practice, or anywhere that normal people would not bring up their sexual habits. I remember well the frustration of dating virgin girls who wanted to be wined and dined and fallen in love with and promised marriage and till death us do part with only a few wet kisses and moist gropings to seal the deal. They would never consider the obviously virgin boys as fair game. I never got anywhere until after I lost my virginity. It's got to be really hard for a guy to play the virgin hand with a woman who isn't on the same page. I'd say he was getting off light if all he got was her shallow appraisal.

H

What exactly do you mean by that....Even the prudish virgin girls didn't want to date the obviously virgin guys??

Old 02-22-2015, 06:21 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Virgins who put themselves in harms way and attract everyday fornicators and thus force the conventionally enabled individual to have to consider life with someone who will not want to have sex with them is the issue.
Well, what if, like me, one is a virgin but is not waiting for marriage and is instead waiting for a meaningful relationship?

Personally, I would even do it with the understanding that it was going to be a one night stand, given that we had a close friendship and that the friendship would continue after having sex.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Well, what if, like me, one is a virgin but is not waiting for marriage and is instead waiting for a meaningful relationship?
I can't take seriously someone under 22 (I hope you are under 22!) talking about "meaningful relationships".

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Personally, I would even do it with the understanding that it was going to be a one night stand, given that we had a close friendship and that the friendship would continue after having sex.
No you wouldn't. But you should. Life is short and nothing is guaranteed to work out the way you hope.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
What exactly do you mean by that....Even the prudish virgin girls didn't want to date the obviously virgin guys??
Prudish virgin girls don't date anybody. Hot to trot virgin girls avoid virgin guys and focus their attention on hot to trot experienced guys.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:43 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
I can't take seriously someone under 22 (I hope you are under 22!) talking about "meaningful relationships".
I'm 37 bro. Navy submarines vet. See my profile. Although I don't know why age would have anything to do with it. There are 18 year olds with the responsibility to make decisions about life and death in the military. And 18 year olds vote, in the USA. 18 is the age of consent in the state of California.

Quote:
No you wouldn't. But you should. Life is short and nothing is guaranteed to work out the way you hope.
Yes I would. If I know the friendship will continue, to me that is meaningful sex.

To me, "friends with benefits" requires an actual friendship. A very close friendship. So if close friends have sex, that's meaningful. That's how I want to lose my virginity actually. To a close friend whom I admire and respect. So far my way hasn't worked, but it is the only way I feel comfortable doing it.

To me if you start as strangers and go out two or three times and then have sex, that's way too casual. Plus I wouldn't have feelings for the person. Well I might, but it is unlikely.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 AM

22 posts, read 37,619 times
Quote:
It's got to be really hard for a guy to play the virgin hand with a woman who isn't on the same page. I'd say he was getting off light if all he got was her shallow appraisal.
H
I don't understand what you were meaning by that statement at all. However, in my case, I haven't kept my virginity for some lady at all. I haven't been doing that for any person's approval. My reasons are stated in my original post. I love Jesus, that's my main reason. I haven't done it at all. So I am not really following what you mean by your statement, sorry. I hope you don't mean I am trying to do that. Not being antagonistic.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:43 AM

376 posts, read 317,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Women, even virgin women, have a natural disdain for inexperienced men. It boils down to biology. Women want men that other women want. If a man is a virgin, a woman will assume that he doesn't have the social proof among other women to get laid, therefore she sees him as low status.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:06 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
Women, even virgin women, have a natural disdain for inexperienced men. It boils down to biology. Women want men that other women want. If a man is a virgin, a woman will assume that he doesn't have the social proof among other women to get laid, therefore she sees him as low status.
That's kind of hypocritical tbh.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:15 AM

376 posts, read 317,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
That's kind of hypocritical tbh.
Biological drives don't care about equality. Each gender is driven by different goals, biologically.

It's why the dating marketplace is so messed up today, social engineering.

The goal of the modern equality movement is to maximally enable women's biological drive (hypergamy), and maximally restrict men's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships