Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is remaining an adult male virgin weird & wrong
Yes to both 9 7.69%
Yes, Weird 10 8.55%
Yes, Wrong 1 0.85%
No 91 77.78%
Wow 6 5.13%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 01:11 AM

22 posts, read 37,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Honestly, none of my friends know I'm a virgin. When sex comes up, I always make up some story of doing it with a girl from Tinder, while on vacation, etc. Sometimes, I even say I kissed a girl, but that we didn't have sex (sounds believable as well). If I told them I was a virgin, they would definitely be surprised. I'm certain they wouldn't treat me any differently, but I'd likely get some looks and questions my way, and I'd rather avoid that. A lot of people assume I can easily pull girls in real life for whatever reason, lol. One of my good friends thinks that.

Point is, you don't have to tell anyone you're a virgin. Have you told people that you're a virgin?
Well, I have actually not in exact words. I said I've never even been on a date before. I think it's easy to assume after all that. Plus when you have always been without a girl and they've known you for years, it's easy I guess for others to assume I'm a virgin.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:41 AM

321 posts, read 370,958 times
Weird? Slightly, just in the sense of being not the norm.
Wrong? Nope.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:43 PM

408 posts, read 720,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post

You are actually really lucky to still be a virgin. Lots of people wished they had waited longer or waited for the right person. They would love to trade places with you if they could!
You were doing so good until this line. It's nice that people are trying to tell the OP that it's not a big deal. Having said that I don't think anybody admires him for being a virgin.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:57 PM

141 posts, read 159,616 times
The virginity part is ok. The church/religious aspect is too freaky for me, sorry.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:06 AM

22 posts, read 37,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
It is not weird. It may not be the majority of people, but there is still a percentage of guys at that age who are virgins, and who are normal well adjusted adults who are making life decisions and progressing on their life plans.

The more you build it into a "problem" the more it will inhibit you. Don't stress it.
Thanks for that advice. I don't consider myself stressing over it personally. I find myself stressed over other people stressing over it, thinking I have some weird problems.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:50 PM

387 posts, read 354,736 times
Just lie about it and you will be good....I think telling a girl you are a virgin at age 24 isn't the smartest thing to do....

Old 02-14-2015, 08:33 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,388,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, don't take this personally, but--nobody cares. Really. Guys blow this way out of proportion. Just live your life, go to church, mix and mingle at the church singles events, get involved in church projects, community activities, sports, and whatever catches your fancy, and cherchez la femme, as they say. You'll find someone. Someone who shares your values. Just live your life, and don't sweat the small stuff.

P.S. It's all small stuff! As long as you're gainfully employed and covering your living expenses, the rest is small stuff.

Oh, and btw---get new friends. Friends that support your values and choices. Best wishes.

When it is not a choice, all is not well, the soul is troubled, there is failure to thrive, and thus it is unhelpful and even hurtful for others to suggest it is blown out of proportion. The psychological and emotional impact can be devastating.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:40 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,175,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
When it is not a choice, all is not well, the soul is troubled, there is failure to thrive, and thus it is unhelpful and even hurtful for others to suggest it is blown out of proportion. The psychological and emotional impact can be devastating.
It's always a choice. Everyone has at least 1 person who would be willing to sleep with them. After all, one doesn't have to be hot to get sex. But if you aren't attracted to that person, you chose to avoid sex with them.

Now if one can honestly say nobody has ever liked them, even someone they didn't like back, then I could see it being bothersome.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:12 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,388,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
It's always a choice. Everyone has at least 1 person who would be willing to sleep with them. After all, one doesn't have to be hot to get sex. But if you aren't attracted to that person, you chose to avoid sex with them.

Now if one can honestly say nobody has ever liked them, even someone they didn't like back, then I could see it being bothersome.

Perhaps you are conflating men with women.

It takes about no effort for woman to find a man willing to have sex with her. It even takes about no effort for most women to find a hot/attractive man to have sex with her.

But there is an ocean full of men who, even with effort, cannot find one woman willing to have sex with them.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:14 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,488,512 times
There is nothing wrong with being a virgin ... everyone is born that way.

But committing Fornication,
( Having sex without being married to someone else of the opposite sex )
is wrong, and is a SIN against God Our Holy Father ! ! !

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships