Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 02:21 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times

Advertisements

So I've been trying to figure out how my ex-fiance had all of these gentleman "friends" spread out all over the country that she was carrying out online relationships with. Then in the past week heard from one person about how a friend of his lost his wife to a guy that she met playing one of those interactive game apps for your phone. Started off chatting while playing the game, progressed to sexting and then her flying across the country to hook up with the guy. Heard a similar story yesterday about a guy who was playing a game app, started chatting with a woman and then hooked up with her the next time he took a business trip to her state. Finally starting to put two & two together. My ex was hooked on playing multi-player games on her cell phone.

Anyone know how common this is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 02:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
So I've been trying to figure out how my ex-fiance had all of these gentleman "friends" spread out all over the country that she was carrying out online relationships with. Then in the past week heard from one person about how a friend of his lost his wife to a guy that she met playing one of those interactive game apps for your phone. Started off chatting while playing the game, progressed to sexting and then her flying across the country to hook up with the guy. Heard a similar story yesterday about a guy who was playing a game app, started chatting with a woman and then hooked up with her the next time he took a business trip to her state. Finally starting to put two & two together. My ex was hooked on playing multi-player games on her cell phone.

Probably just as common as any other internet connections people make. Or do not make. I wouldn't read much into it. Most people who are playing games are probably just, you know, playing the game itself.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:50 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
You can hook up playing Words with Friends, but it's unlikely. Although I've had random players try to chat on it, women, who seemed lonely. It's not the app, it's the individual, and the healthiness of the relationship. If the relationship is great, no need to worry, but if there has been lack of effort, it's time to make some.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:02 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
You can hook up playing Words with Friends, but it's unlikely. Although I've had random players try to chat on it, women, who seemed lonely. It's not the app, it's the individual, and the healthiness of the relationship. If the relationship is great, no need to worry, but if there has been lack of effort, it's time to make some.
Read my other posts on this forum. My ex is bipolar and was going into a hypersexual manic phase. Never saw it coming until it was too late and from what some professionals told me nothing I could have done to stop it. Her brain got wired to seek out as many partners as possible when her manic phase kicked in.

But was talking about these apps (Words with Friends was one of her favorites) with someone over the weekend and it finally dawned on me what happened. Glad I am out of the relationship, was more curious as to how prevalent this behavior is. Need to know what to look for in my next relationship.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:39 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post

If someone is going to start an affair through Words with Friends, they are going to start an affair no matter what.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-08-2015, 04:43 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Depends on the game. Certain (or most) games are more male dominated so a chick can be a novelty and thus people wanna talk to her.

This can be great for the ego if it is needed and she doesn't know better.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:53 PM

535 posts, read 515,361 times
My aunt is doing this. Everyone in the family thinks she stopped talking to the guy, but still plays the game. I don't believe it for a second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships