Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 09:38 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times

Advertisements

Sounds like it was nothing but a hook up right from the start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 09:40 AM

332 posts, read 287,099 times
Default naive

I texted him this morning and said 'what changed' no more flirty texts? He said 'I've just backed off since you wanted some distance'. I just wanted to go home after being on a hellish trip for the prior 4 days, I told him I didn't want to hurt his feelings by leaving. He said, 'sorry you feel that way I intrepreted it differently.' I said 'what if someone treated your daughter this way?', he said 'look, I gave you what you wanted and now you're behaving badly, I'm done debating it.' Did I go too far with the daughter comment?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:46 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Yes.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:29 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
Did I go too far with the daughter comment?
Yes.

Time to start looking again, and listen better to your gut.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:42 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
I texted him this morning and said 'what changed' no more flirty texts? He said 'I've just backed off since you wanted some distance'. I just wanted to go home after being on a hellish trip for the prior 4 days, I told him I didn't want to hurt his feelings by leaving. He said, 'sorry you feel that way I intrepreted it differently.' I said 'what if someone treated your daughter this way?', he said 'look, I gave you what you wanted and now you're behaving badly, I'm done debating it.' Did I go too far with the daughter comment?
Yes. Sex isn't a promise. He doesn't owe you anything as a result of having had sex with you.

Also, it kind of sounds as though you were using sex to get what you really want, i.e., a relationship.

Don't do that anymore. Have sex only if you want to have sex.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:03 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,837 times
Quote:

Yes, you did go too far with the daughter comment. He didn't rape you. Let it go. Stop chasing him. Chasing men never make them like you. You made a mistake, like we all do in some form. Get over it. You don't really know him and what he is capable of doing if you continue to bother him.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:42 PM

743 posts, read 832,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Yes, you did go too far with the daughter comment. He didn't rape you. Let it go. Stop chasing him. Chasing men never make them like you. You made a mistake, like we all do in some form. Get over it. You don't really know him and what he is capable of doing if you continue to bother him.
I've been chased by plenty of women, but never the one that really caught my eye. If that happened, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it and would meet them half way.

I've also had women use sex to get what they want from me. After the act was done, one girl asked me if I wanted to be with her... Umm? So you just used sex as manipulation to get a man to like you? How often have you done this with men for that reason? Needless to say, I didn't date her.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:09 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,334,327 times
Don't be surprised if he contacts you all of the sudden wanting another "date", but if you are smart you'll have your guard up. It could be that you were not all that compatible in the bedroom, and there is no shame in that. It happens, and it's an important aspect to a lot of relationships.

I'll be the first to admit (to the distaste of others I would imagine) that I dated women with whom I became intimate with and was disappointed in how things went. It's not that I was looking for a hook up, but if things didn't go the way I had hope why keep pursuing the relationship? I have a set of standards I look for in the bedroom, and I am not afraid to admit that to myself. We all want to be happy, and sometimes you don't know until that moment of intimacy. That's not to say you aren't great in the bedroom, but maybe you weren't his cup of tea.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:28 PM

743 posts, read 832,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Don't be surprised if he contacts you all of the sudden wanting another "date", but if you are smart you'll have your guard up. It could be that you were not all that compatible in the bedroom, and there is no shame in that. It happens, and it's an important aspect to a lot of relationships.

I'll be the first to admit (to the distaste of others I would imagine) that I dated women with whom I became intimate with and was disappointed in how things went. It's not that I was looking for a hook up, but if things didn't go the way I had hope why keep pursuing the relationship? I have a set of standards I look for in the bedroom, and I am not afraid to admit that to myself. We all want to be happy, and sometimes you don't know until that moment of intimacy. That's not to say you aren't great in the bedroom, but maybe you weren't his cup of tea.
Idk man, I don't judge that aspect the first few times. People have to get comfy with each other. They could be the biggest freak ever, but don't want to reveal it before they know you and then risk scaring you off.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:18 PM

535 posts, read 515,808 times
Quote:
I texted him this morning and said 'what changed' no more flirty texts?
Everyone told you not to text him again. :/

Quote:
I said 'what if someone treated your daughter this way?', he said 'look, I gave you what you wanted and now you're behaving badly, I'm done debating it.' Did I go too far with the daughter comment?
YES. That was seriously out of line and weird. You are not his daughter, you are a mature (?) adult woman he dated. He doesn't and men overall don't owe you as much care as they would give their daughter. You're trying to argue or send passive aggressive quips hoping THAT will cause him to consider giving you what you thought you deserved for giving him sex??? Not gonna work, with anyone, ever. Get some perspective. You need to radically change your thinking about dating...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships