Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 08:04 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
You didn't get my point. I wrote "83% of men never reach that peak of attractiveness", referring to the overall attractiveness of a woman and the general dating potential of a woman. It's common knowledge that no woman has to stay single if she does not want to. Even my 87-year old granny has still suitors. For the majority of men it's completely different.
I think you failed your math classes. It's either that or you are projecting some bisexual urges. Women are attracted to men and men are attracted to women. As I stated, people that find women attractive won't be rating the men as highly, but the men are coming from the same exact gene pool as the women and will follow a standard bell curve as the women do. Men won't ever reach a point in their life where they can by on looks alone or can get random strangers to buy them stuff (unless they are gay), but that has to do with gender dynamics, who pursues, how to attract a mate, and not how attractive they are. The only reason men don't follow an identical bell curve is women aren't attracted to the same things the men are and older women aren't trying to pursue the younger men.

What you said was the bell curve for men is basically flat and so far you haven't provided any proof of that, nor even any defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
Even my 87-year old granny has still suitors. For the majority of men it's completely different.
Actually at that point there are about 2 women for every 1 man, so while you can claim your granny has men pining for her attention the vast majority of women that age do not.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree with you. The avrgae age to marry is around 28, which seems like a good age. Old enough to get through college, have some jobs, and generally live part of your life as a single person away from your parents, but young enough that there's no rush to have children if you're not ready. Then too do you both have time to be married and learn what that's like. I don't think there's any kind of deadline though, especially if you don't want children.
I agree that 28 is a good age. A normally developed person should be mature enough to be married the right way around then. Given that men usually mature later than women though, I would suggest 26-28 for women and 28-30 for men.

To those that are excited to jump in and say things like: "I got married at age 23 and we've been happily ever after", or "I didn't even have a career until my 30's because I'm a doctor", I am not saying those are the only acceptable ages. But they are generally good ages.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:17 PM

321 posts, read 371,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Sounds like you didn't pick up what I was trying to convey. Waiting because you want to be mature and ready is different from ignoring because you'd rather party and hook up.
How are those different? If "you'd rather party and hook up," that's a pretty good indication that you're not yet "mature and ready" for marriage, isn't it? Those sound like the same reason to me.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:19 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
A 25 year old boy is not an older man. Of course they will go for girls 20-22 in their same range.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
Uh huh. Keep repeating that mantra and maybe it will come true.
You honestly don't get the difference between two people who meet offline and have a connection versus a man who will only date younger and bashes women his age? My boyfriend doesn't think women the same age as him are old have, he happened to like me.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Those saying to marry in their 20's obviously haven't seen the stats about divorce. If I had been younger I probably have married a guy because he was hot and divorced by now. Yes there are a better variety and not as much trash but a!so maturity.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:15 PM

321 posts, read 371,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
You honestly don't get the difference between two people who meet offline and have a connection versus a man who will only date younger and bashes women his age? My boyfriend doesn't think women the same age as him are old have, he happened to like me.
What you fail to acknowledge is that most people who are dating people of a different age are doing so because they had a connection-- just like you and your boyfriend have. When people have a preference for older or younger, they are more likely to have a connection with or click with those people because that's who they are attracted to.

You have a deeply ingrained stereotype of different age relationships that you think somehow applies to everyone else but not to you. News flash-- you're not that unique. You're just one of many women who date older men.

Bashing people who are different or have different preferences is ridiculous, I agree, but I see you doing that as much as anyone else here.

Last edited by UC18; 02-19-2015 at 09:33 PM..

Old 02-19-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I think UC might have a point. I do seem to recall you bashing a 12 yr age gap with no mention of online guys seeking younger. My memory is only human, so maybe you were meaning to address online guys, but that stuck out because my parents have around a 12 yr age gap.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:29 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Actually at that point there are about 2 women for every 1 man, so while you can claim your granny has men pining for her attention the vast majority of women that age do not.
And the vast majority of those are more than okay with it. They spent the better part of their lives taking care of other people and don't want to be saddled with yet another person to take care of.

Also:

Europe's oldest woman credits 115-year life to staying single, eating raw eggs

Quote:
And while she was once married — a relationship that ended in 1938 — she has been single for most of her life, another factor in her longevity, she said.

“I didn’t want to be dominated by anyone,” she said, explaining that she has had many opportunities to pair off, but has preferred to live alone. Even today, she lives on her own in a tiny apartment.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
And the vast majority of those are more than okay with it. They spent the better part of their lives taking care of other people and don't want to be saddled with yet another person to take care of.

Also:

Europe's oldest woman credits 115-year life to staying single, eating raw eggs

Well, we don't actually know that. Women might be perfectly happy to be alone or they might not, but an anecdotal story doesn't sway the conclusion one way or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships