Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 01:13 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post

Well, "going after" in this context, to me, means approaching someone with romantic or sexual interest. I've been hit on by plenty of men for nothing more than my appearance. And by hit on - I mean anything from getting asked out to simply approaching me with the intent to get to know me better. And these men ran the gamut from never seeing me before in their lives to knowing me very well.

Ok, so you consider people just talking to you, hitting on you? (If they're a guy)

Fair enough. To me, hitting on someone implies intent (romantic/sexually), while if I'm talking to people I'm just talking to them... I'll talk to women or men as I'm just out and about.

Generally though, I don't see this (men going after younger women) much where I'm at, and when I do it's always some dim / immature guy who couldn't hack dating a peer. It's a control thing.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:14 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How do you know they're still on the dating sites if you're not on the dating sites?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How do you know they're still on the dating sites if you're not on the dating sites?
Because you can read the forums without having a profile. I do that often because it has several interesting forums (it's a religious site).

Old 02-11-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok, so you consider people just talking to you, hitting on you? (If they're a guy)

Fair enough. To me, hitting on someone implies intent (romantic/sexually), while if I'm talking to people I'm just talking to them... I'll talk to women or men as I'm just out and about.
He does have a point here that I'd agree with. If we're talking going after/hitting on/etc....it's gotta have some kind of romantic (or otherwise) intent imo.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:

I'm not talking about the man in line behind me in the store that exchanges a few words with me while we are waiting to pay for our groceries or the man that talks to me about how cute my baby is. I'm talking about men that approach me because they are interested in me romantically or sexually based on my appearance. I'm talking about the guys that approach me and ask me if I'm single, ask me for my number, ask me if they can buy me a drink, etc.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because you can read the forums without having a profile. I do that often because it has several interesting forums (it's a religious site).
Ok. I just asked because I've had men on dating sites send me messages like, "You're STILL on here? What's your problem?" and I'm like if you're seeing me here obviously that means you're still here too. lol

Old 02-11-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm not talking about the man in line behind me in the store that exchanges a few words with me while we are waiting to pay for our groceries or the man that talks to me about how cute my baby is. I'm talking about men that approach me because they are interested in me romantically or sexually based on my appearance. I'm talking about the guys that approach me and ask me if I'm single, ask me for my number, ask me if they can buy me a drink, etc.

People ask that before you've had a conversation? How very very odd.

Why would they be interested in getting your number or if you're single before you've even talked?

I have no doubt about what you're saying. I just don't "get it".

Old 02-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Why would they be interested in getting your number or if you're single before you've even talked?

Happens all the time. But when you see the guys doing it, it's less of a shock.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

Huh, I guess I feel bad, it never happened to me.

I never thought about doing it as an instigator. I just, well, have trouble wrapping my head around it, honestly.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Yes. It used to happen a lot when I lived in the city. So that's why I think all this nonsense about baggage, older women being more uptight, older women being bad in bed, etc. is all just BS.

Are you guys understanding what I'm saying now? I'm sorry that you have had to pretend you are as dumb as I am to carry on a conversation with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships