Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 02:03 PM

743 posts, read 832,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
The bold section is what I'm talking about. You realize how lousy it is to be flaked on, because the person you're seeing is flaking on you. That was the point I was getting at. Many people don't notice it when they're single, but they notice it when they're involved with someone who's doing it to them. You don't pay much attention to it when you're doing it, but you see the error of your ways when its being done to you.
I've never flaked on anyone because I don't make plans that I don't want to do. I'll just tell them upon their initial invite that I'd rather not, in a nice way of course.

Though I seem to be a tiny minority when it comes to honesty and integrity. All of my relationships have ended due to lying, playing games, cheating, etc. Guess that is just life when you're dating girls in their early twenties. The good thing is that it's impossible to fool me now. I'm incredibly observant and like to call myself the human lie detector lol. You'd have to pass a 100 point inspection to date me now. Hopefully people aren't so ignorant with low morals as they grow older. Maybe this is just the reality of the new generation, in which I'll happily stay single if that is the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 02:20 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
The bold section is what I'm talking about. You realize how lousy it is to be flaked on, because the person you're seeing is flaking on you. That was the point I was getting at. Many people don't notice it when they're single, but they notice it when they're involved with someone who's doing it to them. You don't pay much attention to it when you're doing it, but you see the error of your ways when its being done to you.

I agree on the concessions or they realize that they screwed up, and the next person they meet gets to reap all the benefits "meant" for the person who was trying to get them to see a different perspective. The springboard effect is rough (think of the movie Good Luck Chuck).
One thing I've noticed, and it's pretty immature, is that the people who feel like they're being toyed with will then turn around and try to do the same thing. Oh, you're too busy to go out? Fine. Next time you want to go out, I'll claim I'm too busy. Of course, this game tends to backfire cause the other person can see what you're doing.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
Though I seem to be a tiny minority when it comes to honesty and integrity. All of my relationships have ended due to lying, playing games, cheating, etc. Guess that is just life when you're dating girls in their early twenties. The good thing is that it's impossible to fool me now. I'm incredibly observant and like to call myself the human lie detector lol. You'd have to pass a 100 point inspection to date me now. Hopefully people aren't so ignorant with low morals as they grow older. Maybe this is just the reality of the new generation, in which I'll happily stay single if that is the case.
I hate to tell you this, but people only get better at lying as they grow older. So while you may think you're great at spotting dishonesty, the people you'll meet will be better at hiding it.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I hate to tell you this, but people only get better at lying as they grow older. So while you may think you're great at spotting dishonesty, the people you'll meet will be better at hiding it.
I don't think it is hard to spot at any age. With experience and knowing the science of lying, anyone should be able to see through it. My personality type (INTJ) probably helps with that. Heck, there is really only one question a person needs to ask most of the time, and it pertains to flaking as well: Do their words match up with their actions?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I don't think it is hard to spot at any age. With experience and knowing the science of lying, anyone should be able to see through it. My personality type (INTJ) probably helps with that. Heck, there is really only one question a person needs to ask most of the time, and it pertains to flaking as well: Do their words match up with their actions?
And how will you confirm they're lying? If they cancel a date by claiming to have to work late, will you go to their workplace? I'm an ISTJ and as much as I like to think I'm good at spotting a liar, I know better. Maybe I'm better at it than a lot of other people, but I would never be so overconfident to think I'm 100% good at it.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:49 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. This ties into what I was just saying. If things become serious, that'll give you a greater incentive to sacrifice more of your time. Because you've become more invested in this person and want to maintain your relationship with this person, you'll be more likely to make the kind of sacrifices you weren't willing to make when you were just dating. And this happens with most couples. As things become more serious, the people in the relationship cut back on the amount of time they spend with friends and other activities.
Yes necessarily, because we will not GET to become serious if you don't have time to simply date in the beginning for it to GET serious. I want attention from the start, im not gonna hang around being neglected because he doesnt have time now but MIGHT have time and MIGHT sacrifice later. Please. There wont be a later. This is a pipe dream.

I deserve time like the candy: Now AND later.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
I've never flaked on anyone because I don't make plans that I don't want to do. I'll just tell them upon their initial invite that I'd rather not, in a nice way of course.

So you have a poor choice in women and find it difficult to judge character easily.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
So you have a poor choice in women and find it difficult to judge character easily.
Lol or I simply gave people a chance and they blew it so I left them. As long as I never date a feminazi, I'll be okay.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:22 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
I realize that a lot of women (and men) will claim to be busy when they're just not that interested in seeing someone. It's easy to invent an excuse. Work, of course, is one of the most convenient of excuses cause no one can question it and no one can fault you if work forces you to cancel plans. So let's assume for arguments sake that a person really is just super busy, forcing them to cancel dates at the last minute. How forgiving are you of that and what point do you say this person just doesn't seem to have time for me so I'm moving on?
Unless he's a transplant surgeon or some such, the second time he does it means there won't be a third. Either he's just not that interested in me or he has lousy time management skills, neither of which I want to spend a whole lot of my own precious time worrying about. Same goes for people who are chronically late. I've had enough of that garbage to last me a lifetime, so now it's one of my dealbreakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships