Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 06:37 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times

Advertisements

I had to look that movie up....
I may have to grab a girlfriend and check that one out myself. Looks pretty good from the paragraph I read.
No I don't think it is strange. I will tell you that I have always thought it pretty strange for a couple of more guys to get together and go to a strip club, and watching one another get aroused while women take off their clothes and show their girly parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 06:55 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
I have not seen the movie yet, but the books are really not erotic at all, unless you are not at all sexual. I don't do vanilla, so I actually feel sorry for those that find it to be really erotic.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:27 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
IMHO, you have to see this movie as kind of an ultimate modern woman's fantasy. Billionaire falls for woman, is very handsome, and is absolutely madly in love with her. I think they give the SM stuff a pass. They get all the money and the good looking guy. Someone once posted on another forum how Pretty Woman is like this. Billionaire falls for street *****, who just happens to be beautiful once she gets the right clothes etc. Its like Cinderella all over again. They're all women's fantasies. Prince Charming comes to rescue the damsel in distress and they live happily ever after.

But I'll be honest about a woman who thought this book was great. It could indicate a woman who doesn't have a firm grip on reality, and will always be looking for Prince Charming, and will never be satisfied by Homer Simpson.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:35 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have not seen the movie yet, but the books are really not erotic at all, unless you are not at all sexual. I don't do vanilla, so I actually feel sorry for those that find it to be really erotic.
Oh man can't believe you would say that. I've never had sex but I'm familiar with BDSM, and I already know that being hit by women turns me on, and I still found it very erotic!

I saw it alone...of course I see most movies alone. And this movie caused something to come up! Can't wait for the sequel.

Plus there was another good experience in that a very attractive Latina usher in her early 20s talked to me. I had spilled popcorn and she was cleaning it. Of course I told her "oh..sorry about that." And she said "oh no I've been bored all day because there isn't enough spills to clean up. What movie are you seeing?" And I told her I was going to see fifty shades of grey. She said "oh, everybody's going to that today! I usually want to see male-themed movies. But I have seen several men go into that movie, so I might want to see it too!" I told her "oh really that's good" and she said "well enjoy it". Of course I made an effort to maintain eye contact with her during this conversation. She seemed like she was totally my type, perhaps a little taller (she was exactly my height I think, maybe one inch shorter), but she had the lean, toned body and seemed to have the type of personality which would be more compatible with my own. I have to admit I wasn't just sexually attracted to her, but I felt a slight romantic spark, which is very rare for me. Unfortunately that means she probably would not reciprocate my feelings. I also probably will not see her again, but if I do I will try and talk to her. Partly as a result of that, the following day, Valentine's Day, was not as depressing as it usually is for me.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Oh man can't believe you would say that. I've never had sex but I'm familiar with BDSM, and I already know that being hit by women turns me on, and I still found it very erotic!

I saw it alone...of course I see most movies alone. And this movie caused something to come up! Can't wait for the sequel.

Plus there was another good experience in that a very attractive Latina usher in her early 20s talked to me. I had spilled popcorn and she was cleaning it. Of course I told her "oh..sorry about that." And she said "oh no I've been bored all day because there isn't enough spills to clean up. What movie are you seeing?" And I told her I was going to see fifty shades of grey. She said "oh, everybody's going to that today! I usually want to see male-themed movies. But I have seen several men go into that movie, so I might want to see it too!" I told her "oh really that's good" and she said "well enjoy it". Of course I made an effort to maintain eye contact with her during this conversation. She seemed like she was totally my type, perhaps a little taller (she was exactly my height I think, maybe one inch shorter), but she had the lean, toned body and seemed to have the type of personality which would be more compatible with my own. I have to admit I wasn't just sexually attracted to her, but I felt a slight romantic spark, which is very rare for me. Unfortunately that means she probably would not reciprocate my feelings. I also probably will not see her again, but if I do I will try and talk to her. Partly as a result of that, the following day, Valentine's Day, was not as depressing as it usually is for me.
How old are you?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
IMHO, you have to see this movie as kind of an ultimate modern woman's fantasy. Billionaire falls for woman, is very handsome, and is absolutely madly in love with her. I think they give the SM stuff a pass. They get all the money and the good looking guy. Someone once posted on another forum how Pretty Woman is like this. Billionaire falls for street *****, who just happens to be beautiful once she gets the right clothes etc. Its like Cinderella all over again. They're all women's fantasies. Prince Charming comes to rescue the damsel in distress and they live happily ever after.
Well...yes but I don't think they are "giving the BDSM a pass". BDSM is hot and this movie is hot.

Quote:
But I'll be honest about a woman who thought this book was great. It could indicate a woman who doesn't have a firm grip on reality, and will always be looking for Prince Charming, and will never be satisfied by Homer Simpson.
There are prince charmings out there. Sometimes they aren't necessarily rich, just economically stable. I definitely have found that there is what I call The Craigslist Trifecta: for a relationship, you have to have these things. Halfway decent job, a place to "host" (a place you can take the girl to have sex, such as a bedroom in an apartment or preferably your own apartment, condo or house), and transportation (preferably your own car).

Unfortunately I don't have any of those things. I do have a job but it isn't halfway decent. I pay $300 to rent a living room. I don't have a a car and don't know how to drive. That's why I always say that right now there are logistic and financial issues preventing me from being in a relationship.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
How old are you?
I'm 37

Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Well...yes but I don't think they are "giving the BDSM a pass". BDSM is hot and this movie is hot.

There are prince charmings out there. Sometimes they aren't necessarily rich, just economically stable. I definitely have found that there is what I call The Craigslist Trifecta: for a relationship, you have to have these things. Halfway decent job, a place to "host" (a place you can take the girl to have sex, such as a bedroom in an apartment or preferably your own apartment, condo or house), and transportation (preferably your own car).

Unfortunately I don't have any of those things. I do have a job but it isn't halfway decent. I pay $300 to rent a living room. I don't have a a car and don't know how to drive. That's why I always say that right now there are logistic and financial issues preventing me from being in a relationship.
This right here explains why you are single. You lack independence and no woman wants to take on that kind of responsibility. Well none that I know.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I'm 37

Old 02-17-2015, 09:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

BDSM is hot. This portrayal of it is sick. This isn't a healthy BDSM relationship, it is about abuse. Up and down this book and movie are getting slammed as unhealthy portrayal of a kink relationship. Not one person in the community I've spoken to have anything positive to say about it.

This is a good list to start with:
http://theramblingcurl.blogspot.com/...ty-shades.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships