Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 12:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

What is strange is you (original poster) making an issue out of a non issue about someone you are "casually" dating, especially after you declined the invitation to go to the movie.

You have also made an issue of the title of the movie by stating "that" movie which is also a non issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 12:17 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Aspirer View Post
I have been seeing this girl for a few weeks, but we are not serious just casually dating/hanging out. A few days ago she invited me to go see a film with her, and it was "that" film; you know the one, "fifty shades of grey" well I wasn't really interested in seeing it with her, so tonight she is going to see it with 2 of her single friends. Myself and her went out last night for food and drinks and as we aren't exclusive or anything, she has decided to go see the film.

Is this is a bit strange? I would have thought her 2 single friends (not her) would want to go party or to bar or something. I think I may meet up with her later, or she might just hang out with her friends, I don't mind either way as today isn't really a big deal to either of us.
No, they'd rather go out together to see an overhyped movie based on an overhyped book. Not strange at all.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
No, they'd rather go out together to see an overhyped movie based on an overhyped book. Not strange at all.
The reviews seem to think that the movie is much better than the book - which wouldn't be hard to accomplish. The book was awful but I wouldn't rule out seeing the movie! Of course, I would probably go with a girlfriend or two because I'm totally strange like that!

Old 02-14-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
The reviews seem to think that the movie is much better than the book - which wouldn't be hard to accomplish. The book was awful but I wouldn't rule out seeing the movie! Of course, I would probably go with a girlfriend or two because I'm totally strange like that!
It just pains me to think that the 50 Shades author is making all this money off of something that started off as a Twilight fanfic. I've written fanfic myself (not about Twilight) and I'm not a millionaire!

Old 02-14-2015, 12:27 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Aspirer View Post
I have been seeing this girl for a few weeks, but we are not serious just casually dating/hanging out. A few days ago she invited me to go see a film with her, and it was "that" film; you know the one, "fifty shades of grey" well I wasn't really interested in seeing it with her, so tonight she is going to see it with 2 of her single friends. Myself and her went out last night for food and drinks and as we aren't exclusive or anything, she has decided to go see the film.

Is this is a bit strange? I would have thought her 2 single friends (not her) would want to go party or to bar or something. I think I may meet up with her later, or she might just hang out with her friends, I don't mind either way as today isn't really a big deal to either of us.
What exactly is it that you think is strange?

Old 02-14-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
It just pains me to think that the 50 Shades author is making all this money off of something that started off as a Twilight fanfic. I've written fanfic myself (not about Twilight) and I'm not a millionaire!
It pains me, too!!! Especially since there were scenes that were straight up rewrites of Twilight! And it was just sooooo poorly written! I would love to write a book someday but I'm afraid I'd be as bad as her only not as successful! Hahaha!

Old 02-14-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
It pains me, too!!! Especially since there were scenes that were straight up rewrites of Twilight! And it was just sooooo poorly written! I would love to write a book someday but I'm afraid I'd be as bad as her only not as successful! Hahaha!
Yup! Who knew you could get rich off of writing crap? Maybe it's time for me to cash in on my sexual fantasies about Wentworth Miller. I'll just change the characters' names and no one will ever know.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
All I can say is word from the women I talk to both on FB and IRL say the movie is not very good. One of my married guy friends was forced into going to see the bad movie, and he gave a brief synopsis that didn't sound like an entertaining movie at all. Probably not worth the premium they charge to watch it.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Yup! Who knew you could get rich off of writing crap? Maybe it's time for me to cash in on my sexual fantasies about Wentworth Miller. I'll just change the characters' names and no one will ever know.
Hahaha!

Old 02-14-2015, 01:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
All I can say is word from the women I talk to both on FB and IRL say the movie is not very good. One of my married guy friends was forced into going to see the bad movie, and he gave a brief synopsis that didn't sound like an entertaining movie at all. Probably not worth the premium they charge to watch it.
I bet you 100 dollars the books were worse. Which means that movie must really suck.

Like many of the others, it pains me that this woman has made so much money off such terrible fanfic.

I think it's fascinating, however, that there are so many sexually repressed women in America who think this crap is good.

LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships