Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 05:40 AM

468 posts, read 483,582 times

Advertisements

Ace_TX
Yes, I would. As long as he still have that fineeeee face, and dress like a thug. I will date him. I need to have the intense sexual attraction to a guy, before anything can happened.
His job salary is meaningless to me. I'm the fiercely Financial independent girl. I'm more than capable of take care of myself.
But this life I'm married. Unless my husband divorce me, I date your friend next life, lol

----------------------------------------------
btw LowonLuck, I'm not here to argue with you about Truck driver. All professions have cheaters. Even doctors and lawyers, there are casese where they cheats on their wives too.
My husband is a local Truck driver, he only drive locally. So I'm sure there isn't any girls behind my back in 48 states, lol
I'm sure he can make more money drive interstate. But no money in this world is worth more than my husband, I need my husband too.

Different people have different taste. You think country style are sexy. Others think Rock and Roll style are sexy. I think the thug/gangster style are sexy. It all up to each individual taste. Let leave it at that.

Anyways, back to topic. We talking about 'bad boys", not clothing style. Bad boys is a lifestyle of how they choose to live their life, not how they dress.

Last edited by ishe; 02-18-2015 at 05:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 06:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
so, um

lets say you have a guy that from like 15-25 yrs old accumulated a rap sheet that reads

aggravated assault
robbery
attempted murder
domestic violence
dui/dwi
etc

and spent 5 years in the pen, had an epiphany and is now 35 yrs old and is *reformed* as you all say

he now has a regular 9-5 at like a big box store punching a clock making an honest living

would you lovely ladies give this guy a shot?

oh and lets assume he's "good looking"
Nope. Rap sheet is too long. I don't care where he works, though.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Theft and DUI, possibly. Assault, domestic violence, and attempted murder, nope. Next.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:41 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishe View Post
Ace_TX
Yes, I would. As long as he still have that fineeeee face, and dress like a thug. I will date him. I need to have the intense sexual attraction to a guy, before anything can happened.
His job salary is meaningless to me. I'm the fiercely Financial independent girl. I'm more than capable of take care of myself.
But this life I'm married. Unless my husband divorce me, I date your friend next life, lol

----------------------------------------------
btw LowonLuck, I'm not here to argue with you about Truck driver. All professions have cheaters. Even doctors and lawyers, there are casese where they cheats on their wives too.
My husband is a local Truck driver, he only drive locally. So I'm sure there isn't any girls behind my back in 48 states, lol
I'm sure he can make more money drive interstate. But no money in this world is worth more than my husband, I need my husband too.

Different people have different taste. You think country style are sexy. Others think Rock and Roll style are sexy. I think the thug/gangster style are sexy. It all up to each individual taste. Let leave it at that.

Anyways, back to topic. We talking about 'bad boys", not clothing style. Bad boys is a lifestyle of how they choose to live their life, not how they dress.
Oh I dont argue. Just saying stop saying he is a good guy because he is a truck driver. That is just not the case. I have met, fired and dealt with a lot of truck drivers. That is one industry I do know well.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:25 AM

535 posts, read 515,568 times
Quote:
so, um

lets say you have a guy that from like 15-25 yrs old accumulated a rap sheet that reads

aggravated assault
robbery
attempted murder
domestic violence
dui/dwi
etc

and spent 5 years in the pen, had an epiphany and is now 35 yrs old and is *reformed* as you all say

he now has a regular 9-5 at like a big box store punching a clock making an honest living

A person is not "reformed" simply from getting out of jail and getting a job, I think we're talking a lot more in depth than that.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:36 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
A person is not "reformed" simply from getting out of jail and getting a job, I think we're talking a lot more in depth than that.
the guy in the scenario has been keeping his nose clean and has had a 9-5 for say a couple of years

as far as "depth" goes all you can do is take a mans word if he says he is *reformed* and
observe his actions

---

Redzin and Julia thanks for the honest responses

Old 02-18-2015, 09:53 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,010 times
So you're saying you can't date a guy unless he has a criminal past? LOL

I heard Charles Manson is back on the dating market. No, seriously.

Charles Manson marriage: Fiancée Afton 'Star' Burton still under the impression she will wed serial killer - People - News - The Independent

Maybe you can compete for his heart.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:02 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
so, um

aggravated assault
robbery
attempted murder
domestic violence
dui/dwi
etc

I don't want to say that I wouldn't give someone a chance but I never dated anyone that had been arrested and I really just can't picture doing so. Definitely wouldn't date someone with a history of domestic violence, attempted murder, robbery, etc.

I've never been into bad boys or reformed bad boys. I've always preferred good men. It's not like there has ever been a shortage of good men.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:20 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
the guy in the scenario has been keeping his nose clean and has had a 9-5 for say a couple of years

as far as "depth" goes all you can do is take a mans word if he says he is *reformed* and
observe his actions

---

Redzin and Julia thanks for the honest responses
You're welcome, Ace.

I think that I agree with Julia re: the types of priors that might be okay... maybe he used to hop in the car and drive while drinking because he was young and stupid or maybe he and his buddies decided to steal some hubcaps... you know, that sort of thing is something I think a person can mature and grow out of.

If he's got a history of domestic violence, attempted murder, etc? Nope. Not ever going to be okay with that.

There are too many other men in the world to be keeping time with someone like that unless your rap sheet is just as long as his. Know what I mean?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
I can get over being young, dumb and desparate, but really violent behavior would bother me too much. If it was long, LONG ago and I felt like I knew the man, only to be told later about something deep in the past I would have never suspected ... maybe. Somebody raped his sister so he went after him with a gun and got in trouble ... maybe. Hearing up front about the rap sheet is too shocking.

Significant violence or rape would be a dealbreaker. That crosses a line I would not be able to get past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships