Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:51 PM

408 posts, read 722,901 times

Advertisements

So this happened to me today. I was supposed to have a lunch date with a lady and she never showed. It's sad because I really liked her but I guess it happens. My only question is do I call her and ask her what happened or just delete her from my phone and move on? Is calling her too creepy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
It's needy. Don't bring it up and move on. It's up to you if you want to hang with her another time or continue to chat with her.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:59 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Politeness dictates she should have called you to cancel, she choose not to be considerate of you. Write her off. I mean unless she calls you with something like she was in an accident and rushed to the hospital, but that's probably unlikely.

I'm sorry that happened to you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-16-2015, 07:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Not enough info.

Do you know each other? Have you been out before? Is this unusual for her?

Old 02-16-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It's needy. Don't bring it up and move on. It's up to you if you want to hang with her another time or continue to chat with her.
I can't imagine hanging out with her and not bringing it up. I mean it's pretty humiliating. I'm thinking of either asking for an explanation or just pretending she doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Not enough info.

Do you know each other? Have you been out before? Is this unusual for her?
We met at a party and hit it off. I asked her out and talked to her on the phone once for about an hour. We both agreed to the date and she never showed.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:03 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,487 times
Well, you could say "I was at X location at Y time--didn't we have a plan to meet, or did I get that wrong?" That would give her a chance to apologize and maybe set another date (or just possibly, you might learn that you got the details wrong). But if you don't think there's any chance you'll forgive her, then consider it over at this point.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
Well, you could say "I was at X location at Y time--didn't we have a plan to meet, or did I get that wrong?" That would give her a chance to apologize and maybe set another date (or just possibly, you might learn that you got the details wrong). But if you don't think there's any chance you'll forgive her, then consider it over at this point.
I can forgive her but I'm just wondering if she's just irresponsible or sending me a signal of "I don't like you". I mean we hit it off when I met her and our conversation on the phone seemed nice enough. I just don't understand why it would go from that pleasant to suddenly being stood up.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Politeness dictates she should have called you to cancel, she choose not to be considerate of you. Write her off. I mean unless she calls you with something like she was in an accident and rushed to the hospital, but that's probably unlikely.

I'm sorry that happened to you.
I have to agree with this. As we see with some young women on this site, some feel bad or awkward with rejecting guys. So they do more subtle things.

Give the guy your number, then block him when he calls.
Give out a fake number
Not show for a date, or meet
Lie and say they're seeing someone.
etc.

So, she may have had 2nd thoughts, or didn't wanna outright reject you, so she did this. Because one would think if she liked you and something came up, she'd have found time to let you know.

So, probably best not to contact her. Even if something did genuinely come up, she's shown lack of people skills with not warning you beforehand.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I can't imagine hanging out with her and not bringing it up. I mean it's pretty humiliating. I'm thinking of either asking for an explanation or just pretending she doesn't exist.
It's needy. Does your life revolve around this girl? No, of course not. Maybe, you started chatting up another girl while at the coffee shop that you completely forgot about girl A ditching you. Okay, maybe that didn't happen in your case, but I wouldn't bring it up as if it is a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
We met at a party and hit it off. I asked her out and talked to her on the phone once for about an hour. We both agreed to the date and she never showed.
She may have just forgot. Did you text her beforehand. "Hey, I'm heading to XYZ. We still meeting? etc."

Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post

She may have just forgot. Did you text her beforehand. "Hey, I'm heading to XYZ. We still meeting? etc."
No I didn't actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships