Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Let it go 2 25.00%
Leave him a message 2 25.00%
See a therapist 2 25.00%
Explore the world 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 11:05 AM

5 posts, read 4,817 times

Advertisements

Tell me the truth, I'm a mature person, I can handle it.

BRIEF INTRO:
I'm quiet, I'm the type to just slip in and out of class without anyone noticing.
I don't mingle with people. I read books and always have earphones plugged on whenever I had to wait for professors to start class.
Although I cannot resist smiling and greeting people back when they greet me.

Okay, so here's the thing
I don't know if this guy likes me or is he just being nice or what is up with him and I don't think I have the experience to tell whether he does or doesn't so please help me out. PLUS IT HAS BEEN BUGGING ME FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

So, we've been in similar classes since freshmen to our last year in college and like I said I don't mingle so we literally don't talk like I cannot remember a single personal "conversation", he had a group of people he frequently hangs with in and out of class, anyway so aside from times when we had to interact due to activities most of our encounters were debates in class and his side comments during presentations.

So why am I so bothered, right?
Well it's because of this, you see he first caught my attention when we were both freshmen.

THE 1st SCENARIO:
I was sitting in class alone, waiting for class to start, it was summer and it was a hot day so I decided to take the seat nearest the window, but unfortunately for me the sun was also streaming for the outside straight to my face but I was too lazy to change seat to I endured then he asked why won't I change seats and commented that its too hot when I said no, it's okay he[with his friends] insisted on just lifting the the chair[our chairs were connected by metal braces] to move it just enough so that I don't get baked under the sun rays.
They moved the chair, I thanked them.
I thought, wow, this person's nice.

After that nothing.
Until after a few months, during a presentation I gave about environmental science.(Carbon footprints)

THE 2nd SCENARIO:

I had just finished delivering my presentation and was taking questions.
He raised his hand he asked a question I can't remember, he retaliated with another question, I answered yet again he asked another question that was clearly not meant to enlighten his mind but rather to **** me off.[you might be asking how would I know that all he wanted was to **** me off, well it got so bad that our professor had to intervene and he did this with a smile on his face]
He made me look like a joke, I hated him for it.

During sophomore year I didn't see him.

Jr year, he was again in most my class[the university attended had a system so being in the same class is inevitable]

This time we had this strange thing where he would greet me good morning, or Hi/Hello and I would respond back with a Hi/Hello.
He did this whenever we'd see each other, he would often smile at me as he does so.
I found it at first strange sometimes his friends would do the same and some of my class mates would even say that I should ignore them because they think they're just playing with me.[I couldn't care less at the time]

Sr. year
He added me on facebook and so did some of his friends, after a while he messaged me and asked if I had the exam schedule I said I didn't, he sent me a copy.

After a few MONTHS
He messaged me again thanking me[for a group project thing, we were 10 members: I was project head]
for the effort I gave in leading, I said we all had contributed to the success, he insist that if they didn't see my effort, they wouldn't have performed the way they did.

THE 3rd SCENARIO:
We were in class, we were in trouble with our professor.
I glared at him and his friends because it was clearly their fault.
he saw, he indirectly said your too much.

THE 4th SCENARIO:
I came in late for class, I entered the door, aimed for the closest seat and the said seat was just on front of him, I was about to take my seat when he said Hi[my nickname] smiled, I said Hello, smiled.
Then my professor jokingly said he liked me then he said sir, I have a girlfriend.
I ignored it bec. I thought it was childish.

After that he never greeted hi or hello, he never smiled at me like he used to.

Graduation came and left, we didn't saw each other again.

After a few months:

Then one day I got message from him, he asked how I was, I answered and asked the same thing.
The conversations lasted for over 2 hours, we talked mostly about when we were still at the university.
There was always a 2-4 minute response time

What we talked about

1.How I always kept to myself
2.and that the reason why they would stop laughing when I talk to them was because I hardly talk so they
want to concentrate on what I had to say
3.He wanted to be friends with me back then
4.I asked him if I was disturbing him, he told me he was just watching videos on youtube
5.he told me what he was doing now and asked what was I doing
6.They were too shy towards me, I told him the same thing
and thing i can't remember...

He would respond to all my questions and I did the same but because I thought he was getting bored after answering one of his questions, I sort of idled.
I didn't ask him anything and that's sort of how it ended.

Now it has been months since then and I know I should just leave it at that but I'm just curious, what is up with this person?

I don't know if this guy likes me or is he just being nice or what is up with him

Thanks, Guys.

Last edited by PrimGrene; 02-18-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 11:13 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
5 years? Really??

See the world AND a therapist.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
I dunno if he just likes teasing you or he actually does.You can contact him but if he's never serious seems he likes you as a bud.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:47 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
If I can swipe the thread post more than twice I won't read it.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:56 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimGrene View Post
Tell me the truth, I'm a mature person, I can handle it.
Well you graduated college so I'll assume you're at least 22. Nothing in your post suggest you have the emotional maturity of someone who is 22 so I suggest you forget this guy and go out and meet someone to build up your experience.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:01 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
This guy is just having a friendly conversation with you like a lot of other people do.

I sense no romantic feelings on his end at all.

I suggest moving on and experiencing life like everyone else suggested.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:01 PM

535 posts, read 515,967 times
I think he wants to be your friend but you're really going to have to ramp up the contact to make that happen. 5 convos in the course of 5 years isn't enough conversation Be more social. Talk to the people that added you on Facebook

Old 02-19-2015, 08:21 AM

321 posts, read 372,595 times
I'm not going to read the manifesto, but based on its length alone I'm voting "See a therapist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships