Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:36 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,567,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
How can you be in your 30s and not at least kissed someone yet?
It's possible. We don't all have the same experiences in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 09:37 AM

321 posts, read 291,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It's possible. We don't all have the same experiences in life.

No, but one would have to work pretty hard to avoid it.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
No, but one would have to work pretty hard to avoid it.
Not really. I didn't have my first kiss until 23 and I wasn't trying to avoid it. I just never had the opportunity to kiss a guy who I wanted to kiss until then.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:14 AM

12 posts, read 7,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmartbottom View Post
I was looking on yahoo answers and found a question from someone was 31 and had not yet kissed another person. He asked people how they would feel. One woman answered "I would shoot myself."

I am 30 now, but pretty soon I will be in the same boat as the asker. So, should people really shoot themselves because they're 31 and never kissed anyone?

I have no idea why I'm asking this and almost can't believe I am...maybe I'm just hoping someone will say it's not so awful that you need to unload a gun into your body because of it...
It may be true that kissing is a fun way to express your feelings to someone... but think about it this way, if you haven't kissed anyone yet it simply means you haven't found the person you have been saving yourself for. I've kissed a few times... but in all honesty I wish I had saved it for the one... even though I haven't met her yet. I may not be in your age group, but I have already made my share of mistakes that you can say you haven't made... and for that I truely envy you.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:14 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,981,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Not really. I didn't have my first kiss until 23 and I wasn't trying to avoid it. I just never had the opportunity to kiss a guy who I wanted to kiss until then.
That's still 7 years before your first hit your 30s.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:16 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,981,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullforce View Post
It may be true that kissing is a fun way to express your feelings to someone... but think about it this way, if you haven't kissed anyone yet it simply means you haven't found the person you have been saving yourself for. I've kissed a few times... but in all honesty I wish I had saved it for the one... even though I haven't met her yet. I may not be in your age group, but I have already made my share of mistakes that you can say you haven't made... and for that I truely envy you.
I'll never understand not having experience because you want to "save yourself for the one." From what I've seen, most people come to resent that they waited. Once they get that experience, they'll crave for more from variety, because they finally realize what they've been missing.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:21 AM

12 posts, read 7,472 times
Quote:
I'll never understand not having experience because you want to "save yourself for the one." From what I've seen, most people come to resent that they waited. Once they get that experience, they'll crave for more from variety, because they finally realize what they've been missing.
As I said, I have experienced it... and I wish I hadn't now more then ever. Now don't get me wrong... I love the feeling... but I'm sick of having relationships that are dead ends and end up worse off then before. Someone who hasn't had to deal with that is extremely lucky in my personal oppinion.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
Quote:
I understand how you feel but....not everybody is the same.

You have to gain perspective and realize that not everyone is the same nor do they have the same priorites, experiences, or values as everyone else.

I imagine the world would be very boring if that was the case. Everyone has the right to make their own choices and decisions. Just because you cannot fathom the thought of something doesn't mean the other person cannot.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
That's still 7 years before your first hit your 30s.
Yes, but still very late compared to a lot of people. I did want to kiss several people years before then.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:16 PM

491 posts, read 470,942 times
Quote:
How can you be in your 30s and not at least kissed someone yet?
See, this is exactly the kind of attitude I'm talking about.

This is not. A. Choice. And I'm tired of people talking to me as though it is. I did not choose this. It was not a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships