Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmartbottom View Post
I was looking on yahoo answers and found a question from someone was 31 and had not yet kissed another person. He asked people how they would feel. One woman answered "I would shoot myself."

I am 30 now, but pretty soon I will be in the same boat as the asker. So, should people really shoot themselves because they're 31 and never kissed anyone?

I have no idea why I'm asking this and almost can't believe I am...maybe I'm just hoping someone will say it's not so awful that you need to unload a gun into your body because of it...
People can respond to any question any way they choose to because in their opinion for that is the choice they would make for themselves.

Live your life the way you choose to and don't worry with what "society" thinks about it.
Your life will be much less stressful when you do not try to live up to other's expectations as to what is "right" or "wrong" with you or your choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 AM

491 posts, read 471,556 times
*sigh*

This wasn't a choice. Not sure how many times I have to say that.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:27 AM

376 posts, read 317,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
We are talking about a kiss. If we were talking about sex, it would be different. But we are talking about a kiss.

Me saying that someone has male privilege is completely in line with me telling you, a male, that you have a victim mentality. And honestly, I really do feel sorry for the guys on here that see everything as a battle of the sexes and the guys on here that firmly believe that guys have it so bad. It's a sad way to live your life. Always looking for something to be upset about and missing the big picture.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. That must suck. But, you know ,my 35 years as a dude obviously does come into play here.

That's what relationships are in today: a competition, and a battle between the sexes.

Thank you for your pity.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:28 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
*sigh*

You want a choice?

Okay here it is............shoot yourself at the age of 31 if you have never kissed someone

OR

don't shoot yourself at the age of 31 if you have never kissed someone.

Is that what you are looking for?
You cannot pick and choose what people say or don't say so the fact remains that if you think someone should not say they would shoot themselves in this situation that is your opinion and they can say what they want.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
*sigh*

Yeah, I'm sorry but it was a choice. Deciding not to do anything at all is also a choice.

I should know, I make it all the time.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:29 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
*sigh*

Its a choice if you want to continue to not kiss, or to be kissed. Totally in your power.

It's a Friday. Go out tonight, have some fun, and make out with someone. It's not hard.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. That must suck. But, you know ,my 35 years as a dude obviously does come into play here.

That's what relationships are in today: a competition, and a battle between the sexes.

Thank you for your pity.
You're welcome. That's what you want - isn't it? Pity? Because most of your posts on here turn everything into a battle between genders. Even on a thread like this - where it has nothing to do with anything. Yet you do your best to turn it into a gender war. I do pity you because I feel really bad for anyone that sees life this way.

Relationships are not a competition or a battle between the sexes. In fact, I would say that if this is how you see things, you are actually incapable of having a healthy relationship - which is again, something that I truly pity you for. Life is SO much better with out all this bitterness and resentment. If you see people for who they are instead of looking for something to get upset about - life is much better.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
*sigh*

Everything that we do in life is a choice. For instance, you have been choosing to continue to have a crush on someone you have barely spoken to for 2 years. That is a choice.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:32 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
OP...

I'm a little confused.

Can you clarify what it is that you really want?

A kiss just to say you have done it?

or

Do you want a meaningful relationship?

Old 02-20-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You're welcome. That's what you want - isn't it? Pity? Because most of your posts on here turn everything into a battle between genders. Even on a thread like this - where it has nothing to do with anything. Yet you do your best to turn it into a gender war. I do pity you because I feel really bad for anyone that sees life this way.

Relationships are not a competition or a battle between the sexes. In fact, I would say that if this is how you see things, you are actually incapable of having a healthy relationship - which is again, something that I truly pity you for. Life is SO much better with out all this bitterness and resentment. If you see people for who they are instead of looking for something to get upset about - life is much better.
Yes, pity is what I want. That's why I thanked you for it, and thank you again for the additional pity in this most recent post.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on relationships not being a competition/battle between the genders. In my opinion, they absolutely are, especially in the modern era. But that explanation is perhaps a bit simplistic.

Expounding further, I see every human interaction as transactional, an exchange, a "deal" being made. Also, those human transactions are only governed by 2 forces: violence and reason, or some combination of the 2.

This is why romantic relationships are often referred to as "give and take," because there is a continuous transaction going on. If the transaction breaks down in the eyes of either or both parties, i.e. one side or both feels that they are not receiving enough for what they are giving in the transaction, the relationship ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships