Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 02:36 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter how he got the information. The problem is the cheating. Tell him to dump her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 02:40 PM

210 posts, read 319,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
My son has been living with this girl for four years...The are raising two girls, one is his....He recently installed a dash cam in his car, and his GF obviously did not realize that it recorded sound as well as video....She was driving with one of her friends and describing her sexual exploits with other men....Needless to say my son was devastated when he uploaded the video to his computer....My son told me about this tonight, and I'm really hoping that they can get past this, but I'm not very optimistic.
I don't mean to sound harsh, but I hope they DON'T get past this. Not one, but multiple sexual exploits the gf is having? But wait, don't stop there - she is bragging about it to her friends? How many people know about this, and how much is your son being taken advantage of at the same time? He needs to GET OUT.

I'm really sorry for his/your loss. Please encourage him to take his child and move on (after DNA testing). I hope it embarrasses the crap out of her. How disrespectful.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:07 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Awhile back, I suspected infidelity with a flight attendant I spent over a year redeffining the meaning of the word orgasm with.

Since she had the brain capacity of a squirell, I figured I could guess the password to her voicemail. When she was flying and her phone was off - I guessed the 4 digit number on the 3rd try. . . .it was '1999' the year she graduated from college. First two attempts were other dates.

Anyway: she ad been saving voicemails from two other guys. By typing in the number 5 after each voicemail, I got the numbers the calls came from. One area code was LA, the other was Portland.

From the content of the messages, I couldn't tell if she was cheating on me with them or cheating on one of them with me and the other guy.

Point is: I was able with concrete intel to extract from the situation with a clean conscience and redirect my time, effort and energy towards my life goals, dreams and aspirations rather than the facade and charade of a relationship that was built on lies, deception and ultimately betrayal.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:54 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
My son has been living with this girl for four years...The are raising two girls, one is his....He recently installed a dash cam in his car, and his GF obviously did not realize that it recorded sound as well as video....She was driving with one of her friends and describing her sexual exploits with other men....Needless to say my son was devastated when he uploaded the video to his computer....My son told me about this tonight, and I'm really hoping that they can get past this, but I'm not very optimistic.
She was talking about exploits with past men or existing men?

Old 02-19-2015, 03:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Why does he have a dash cam and why was he downloading it onto his computer? I mean, obviously, he shouldn't be with her if she's cheating on him and showing no remorse - but I'm just curious as to why someone would need a dash cam and why they would need to download the info onto their computer if it isn't to try to snoop.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:17 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Why does he have a dash cam and why was he downloading it onto his computer? I mean, obviously, he shouldn't be with her if she's cheating on him and showing no remorse - but I'm just curious as to why someone would need a dash cam and why they would need to download the info onto their computer if it isn't to try to snoop.
Lots of people have dash cams, including me...It is extra insurance in case of accident.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:17 PM

366 posts, read 410,889 times
Quote:
Lots of people have dash cams, including me...It is extra insurance in case of accident.
But do you watch the footage if there hasn't been an incident?

Old 02-19-2015, 05:42 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,375 times
If someone is being recorded either/and by audio or video without their knowledge that is spying to me. In most states I think it is illegal; however with utube and the phones which have the capability of recording just about everything these days and owned by so many, as well as these camera devices like the one you described I am not sure if the courts have the capacity to hold all the potential lawsuits which could take place should everyone who is filmed/recorded unknowingly decide to press charges.
Like I said, I am not trying to be judgmental as I sure did my share of snooping. Although my bf recorded and filmed me during one of my many drunken episodes back when I was drinking, I never recorded him. (He could have me uploaded on utube now and I sure would cringe with embarrassment if I ever found out!)
Of course, your post didn't get into all of that (I have a habit of getting carried away and jumping subjects...sorry about that) I will say that given the info your son now has on the woman, why on earth would she be a "keeper" when she is obviously not committed to him and why on earth would you want him to be with someone like that? I am trying to get out of a relationship now like that and it is no fun, believe me. Life is short and I have ruined a good portion of my life trying to "fix" something that is unfixable, hoping my bf would change, and all I have done is waste my time and his. Going to go dog shopping when I move.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:01 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
In most states I think it is illegal;
I don't agree. It is his car, he can put a recorder in it just like any home owner can put a camera or recorder in their home. Your claim is extraordinary, please provide evidence of your extraordinary claim.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:03 PM

40 posts, read 41,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
She was talking about exploits with past men or existing men?
Exactly what I was wondering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships