Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 10:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You guys who choose career - you never really loved before.
False

Quote:
Does your face light up every morning when you walk into your office?
Yes

Quote:
Does your job spoil you on the days you don't feel well?
Yes

Quote:
Does your job give you a warm feeling when you think of it?
Yes, very much so.

Quote:
Does your job massage your feet after a long day and cook for you?
No, but I don't want the person I love to do that either.

Quote:
Does your job listen to you when you need to vent?
Sometimes

Quote:
What's all that money worth if you have to spend it alone?
Plenty. I have no problem living my life single (which isn't alone)

Quote:
Isn't it nicer sitting on the beach with somebody you love as alone? Isn't it nicer to go out to a restaurant with your partner as alone or with friends? Isn't it nice to come home and the light is on?
No, I have no desire to waste time sitting on a beach.
I'll still have friends, but I like eating out alone too.
No, that wastes electricity.

Quote:
And doesn't it suck when you want to go on vacation and nobody goes with you? Doesn't it suck on holidays when you work or are at home alone while everybody spends them with their family?
No, I go on vacation alone all the time. I love it. I spent two weeks in Asia last December. Great time. Did Peru the year before.

And no, most people I know aren't with their families. They're with their friends, that is who I spend my holidays with.

Quote:
Choose career? You must not ever have a fullfilling relationship before. Money or friends can't substitute.
I have and have had many, thank you. The worst times in my life were when I was unemployed or I hated my job. THE WORST. That's living hell. First things first: financial self sufficiency and doing a job I love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 10:48 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
A good relationship.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:08 AM

253 posts, read 655,036 times
Career.

Career = money and stability and like food on table.

Relationship = 50/50 shot it will work out, and if it doesn't, you are left standing alone and sorting stuff out. NOPE.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:28 AM

253 posts, read 655,036 times
Quote:

Does your face light up every morning when you walk into your office? I am excited every single day when I see my partner and can hardly hold back a huge smile.

What's all that money worth if you have to spend it alone? Isn't it nicer sitting on the beach with somebody you love as alone? Isn't it nicer to go out to a restaurant with your partner as alone or with friends? Isn't it nice to come home and the light is on?
And doesn't it suck when you want to go on vacation and nobody goes with you? Doesn't it suck on holidays when you work or are at home alone while everybody spends them with their family?

Choose career? You must not ever have a fullfilling relationship before. Money or friends can't substitute.

Yes, actually my face DOES light up when I walk into my office. I get along with my colleagues and I really enjoy doing my job. Partners may or may not do that for me.

Job doesn't spoil me, and neither did any of the men I was with, so non-issue.

Yes, job does give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling.. GAINFULLY employed, YES!

Oh hell no, no one touches my feet! And I cook my own meals, so far no male has cooked and not leave a kitchen-ful of crap for me to clean up after. If you cook AND clean after, then we might have something there.

I talk to my friends thanks.. that's what friends are for!

I have vacations with my friends and family. The last time I vacationed with a guy, he refused to do anything other than sit in the hotel for most of the day. So, uh.. no. I have better vacations with people who enjoy to be with me and vice versa. Oh, and I have auto-timers set up to turn on lights when I get home. Hehe.

And for most of it, I am not dependent on having someone in my life. I think I am a rarity in that respect, I ENJOY my time alone or with friends and family. Having a sig-other is a nice thing, but I feel like I'm always taking care of them.

So at this point in my life, absolutely.. career > love

Old 02-20-2015, 11:48 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:

Does your face light up every morning when you walk into your office? I am excited every single day when I see my partner and can hardly hold back a huge smile.

What's all that money worth if you have to spend it alone? Isn't it nicer sitting on the beach with somebody you love as alone? Isn't it nicer to go out to a restaurant with your partner as alone or with friends? Isn't it nice to come home and the light is on?

You logic is super flawed.

No my face does not light up when I walk into an office. However, my face very rarely lights up anyway.
My job don't spoil me on days I don't feel well, but any woman who'd be living with me would be out working so she'd not spoil me either.
My job does not give me a warm feeling, nothing does.
My job does not massage me but I relax through vaping and drinking after a long day at work not massages.
My job don't listen to me vent, I would never subject someone to a long night of verbal b$&@$ing. What do you think yall on CD is for?
$100k is worth $100k single or married. They should sober this in economics classes.
I like going alone to restaurants. I usually get my crap to go anyway.
I come home to a light on because I leave it on or it is still sunlight when I get home.
I like my vacations being alone.
It sucks being alone on holidays, that is what my vape and alcohol is for.

Relationships can suck too BTW.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon75 View Post
Yes, actually my face DOES light up when I walk into my office.

Mine does, too. Or, rather, did, when I was working. Now in in grad school full-time, and, yeah, my face DOES light up when I walk into the classroom. And when I'm reading, and when I'm writing papers, for that matter. I love what I do.

It also lights up when I get to spend quality time with my husband.

It's confusing to me that people seem to think that it's a one-or-the-other proposition, here. You don't really have to choose. You can have good relationships and a good career. For real.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiannative91 View Post
which one would you choose????
I don't know why so many men think they have to choose between the two. I guess it's because they want to refuse the relationship.

You can have both.

If you do feel you have to make a choice and choose the career, odds are that you will have a very average career, anyway.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:20 PM

285 posts, read 534,353 times
A good relationship... with a man who has a good career lol

Old 02-20-2015, 12:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You logic is super flawed.

No my face does not light up when I walk into an office. However, my face very rarely lights up anyway.
My job don't spoil me on days I don't feel well, but any woman who'd be living with me would be out working so she'd not spoil me either.
My job does not give me a warm feeling, nothing does.
My job does not massage me but I relax through vaping and drinking after a long day at work not massages.
My job don't listen to me vent, I would never subject someone to a long night of verbal b$&@$ing. What do you think yall on CD is for?
$100k is worth $100k single or married. They should sober this in economics classes.
I like going alone to restaurants. I usually get my crap to go anyway.
I come home to a light on because I leave it on or it is still sunlight when I get home.
I like my vacations being alone.
It sucks being alone on holidays, that is what my vape and alcohol is for.

Relationships can suck too BTW.
Just curious Dissenter did you say you are going to grad school?

On topic, yes relationships can suck but not all of them.

I agree get a decent career and a relationship can be better.

Just like the song,"They say the best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and the bees, I need money, that's what I want.......thhhhhat's what I want."

However love can exist with or without money.

And like oh-eve said, when you do have love it is excellent. You are in the best of health when you are in love.

It's like no other thing.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You are in the best of health when you are in love.

It's like no other thing.
Eh.

I believe what research more commonly indicates is that you are in the best of health when you are HAPPY. For some, that may involve being in a good relationship. For others, they may be happy independent of that.

Also, bear in mind that being "in love" may or may not = being in a good, healthy relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships