Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 02:39 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
I'm not some moron, in fact I have been tested as having an extremely high IQ, I scored in the 90th percentile on the SAT when I was in 7th grade....I understand the choices I make.

One thing I won't take responsibility for, however, is feminism and the current climate with regard to gender relations. It blows, but is not my doing.

I never understood the whole "men become more desirable in their 30's" mantra. I'm glad someone was able to expound upon it for me, now I understand it better. A guy in his 30's is better able to stand out from the crowd and distinguish himself from the competition, and while I do make more money than a lot of my peers and am outwardly very stable and good with money, one scratch below the surface and I am a mess in a lot of ways.
Fix your problems. Don't be so bitter towards the women YOU want to date. And you just might have a fighting chance at this...

Don't you get that this attitude: I hate your stupid feminist ways, but oh btw, please date me, is not the way to go about attracting a person of the opposite sex? It's like me saying to you that race cars are for backwoods rednecks, but oh btw, please take me for a spin around the track in your really fast car.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:55 PM

376 posts, read 317,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, that sounds even worse, to be honest. But life is full of choices and you are the one that has to live with the choices that you make. It does seem that your choices aren't really choices that are made in attempt to live life - but in an attempt to end it. Might want to think about that.
I only feel alive when I'm intoxicated on some sort of substance or engaging in impulsive, destructive or life-threatening activities, or both at once.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:56 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Quote:
I don't approach females and haven't for years, so female interest is not really on my radar.

Although, at Hooters last night with my racing crew we had to be assigned a different waitress because I pissed ours off so badly. Hahahaha.

EDIT FOR MORE DETAIL: At the time I thought she overreacted but upon further reflection, I was incredibly mean to her for no other reason than she was a very beautiful woman.

But seriously, a lot of the people I associate with IRL think I'm one of the nicest guys they know. One of my clients at work even attempted to set me up with her incredibly-beautiful 26-year-old daughter. I had to decline, telling her that I don't date.

Inevitably, when I take one of these people who knows me only casually or through work, and start hanging out with them, they are appalled at how I am in my personal life with the self-destruction, reckless and dangerous behavior.
Well, there you go.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:59 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,886 times
Quote:
I only feel alive when I'm intoxicated on some sort of substance or engaging in impulsive, destructive or life-threatening activities, or both at once.
You need professional help then. This is not good for yourself, nor will it attract the majority of women.

Death wish =/= sexy

Seek help from a professional.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
I agree with others - you need professional help. If you are mean to people for no reason and you are engaging in destructive behavior - you need professional help. It's easier to blame everything on things like "feminism" and such but that's just an excuse. It's not okay to act the way you are acting and it's not helping you to blame it on other things and other people. Attention from a therapist is going to be far more useful to you than the attention that you are getting here.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
You need professional help then. This is not good for yourself, nor will it attract the majority of women.

Death wish =/= sexy

Seek help from a professional.
I'm not trying to attract women, though. So I'm good there.

Actually, you'd be surprised how many women there are for which a death wish (real or perceived) is sexy.

You want to take a wide berth around those women, however.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I agree with others - you need professional help. If you are mean to people for no reason and you are engaging in destructive behavior - you need professional help. It's easier to blame everything on things like "feminism" and such but that's just an excuse. It's not okay to act the way you are acting and it's not helping you to blame it on other things and other people. Attention from a therapist is going to be far more useful to you than the attention that you are getting here.
Meh...I've been to therapy before, and I'm done with it.

I have already made the decision to ride this thing out to it's bitter end.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:21 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
If you're an average looking woman and above, I think this is probably the case more often than not.

However, my best female friend is going through a terrible stretch of rejection and she's coming down very hard on herself about it. So it's not a cakewalk for all women. Last night, she was telling me she wanted to have plastic surgery to change something about herself. She's only 26 for crying out loud. A lot of women have issues with dating just like the men on here do. We just don't hear about it as much.
Yup. Women only "hold all the cards" if men give them the cards in the first place. Women who don't get asked out don't hold any cards. And even when a couple does go out, the man can reject the woman at any time, just like the woman can do with the man. At any point in the process, either one can opt out. They both hold cards.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:28 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
ROFLMAO.

I'm almost 50 and get a lot male attention, how are YOU doing?
I think a lot of 50 year old women are hot. I mean assuming they are in shape. Katheryn Bigelow is a major hottie and she's in her early 60s. She's the director of Zero Dark Thirty etc. She looks like she's in her 30s. A little tall for me I admit, but very attractive. And of course there's Joan Jett, Sigourney Weaver, Joan Baez, Helen Mirren etc.

I saw a craigslist ad recently in the casual encounters section, it said 70 year old woman who still enjoys sex. She had a nude pic of herself, no face in the pic (casual encounters section). And wow. From the neck down she like she was in her 40s, maybe 50. She probably got a lot of responses.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yup. Women only "hold all the cards" if men give them the cards in the first place. Women who don't get asked out don't hold any cards. And even when a couple does go out, the man can reject the woman at any time, just like the woman can do with the man. At any point in the process, either one can opt out. They both hold cards.
Sure they do. They can go ahead and approach who they like.

That's why I never get this debate because it seems so obvious to me that women have far more options and hold almost all the cards.

A man has 1 option: approach.

A woman has 2 options: approach or sit back and wait.

A guy who sits back and waits is certainly going to die alone, unless he is exceptional in some way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships