Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 11:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post

I totally agree. Although you have to admit that a younger woman is by definition going to be more youthful. Women over 40 can be hot, and in many cases they are, but hotness is more common among younger people.

I mean if you had your choice between someone my age -- 37 -- and a young guy of 18, surely you would take the 18 year old?

Yes, of course younger people are more likely to have the youthful appearances that we all associate with beauty. But youth does not equal beauty. To believe that it does is absurd, and perhaps says more about the person who believes it.

And to answer your question: NO, I would NOT choose an 18-year-old over a 37-year old, presuming that 37-year old guy is relatively attractive, fit, and intelligent. If he wasn't, then I would choose neither. I don't feel the need to chase youth, because I feel no need for that kind of validation.

You're thinking like a man when you ask that question. Guys might think an 18-year old girl is the epitome of beauty and sexiness, but I consider an 18 year old male to be a boy. I'm the mother of 3, including a 17-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy. Yes, teenagers ARE still boys and girls. And people who lack maturity and life experience are NOT sexy, imo, as physically "beautiful" as they may be.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 02-21-2015 at 11:49 AM..

Old 02-21-2015, 11:40 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yes, of course younger people are more likely to have the youthful appearances that we all associate with beauty. But youth does not equal beauty. To believe that it does is absurd, and perhaps says more about the person who believes it.
To respond to it as if that's what people are actually saying is equally absurd.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:44 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I mean if you had your choice between someone my age -- 37 -- and a young guy of 18, surely you would take the 18 year old?
There is no way I would date an 18 year old at my age. Absolutely no way.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:47 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
There is no way I would date an 18 year old at my age. Absolutely no way.
That explains why that 40 year old woman rejected me when I was 18.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
To respond to it as if that's what people are actually saying is equally absurd.
That's what HE suggested, as do plenty of others on CD, and you know that, Hive. It's not a figment of my active female imagination.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:59 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
That explains why that 40 year old woman rejected me when I was 18.
Well, I'm not 40 yet - but it's safe to say that I wouldn't have dated an 18 year old once I was past the age of 22 or so.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, I'm not 40 yet - but it's safe to say that I wouldn't have dated an 18 year old once I was past the age of 22 or so.
Exactly how I am with girls who are 18, 19, and 20. Too young for me.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:08 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
That's what HE suggested, as do plenty of others on CD, and you know that, Hive. It's not a figment of my active female imagination.
Actually it is. There's always a couple of idiots spouting nonsense, there's no need for you to join them. More often than not (and certainly more often than the conversation you're referring to), someone says something like "younger women are more likely to be physically attractive" and someone hears "youth = beauty" or "all older women are unattractive". If you think those three statements are the same thing, then I don't know what to tell you.

And more specifically, if someone IS going to make such a statement, how much effect do you think your post is going to have on them? Stupid people don't look at logical posts and go "hmm, you know, they have a point!"

Old 02-21-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Actually it is. There's always a couple of idiots spouting nonsense, there's no need for you to join them. More often than not (and certainly more often than the conversation you're referring to), someone says something like "younger women are more likely to be physically attractive" and someone hears "youth = beauty" or "all older women are unattractive". If you think those three statements are the same thing, then I don't know what to tell you.

And more specifically, if someone IS going to make such a statement, how much effect do you think your post is going to have on them? Stupid people don't look at logical posts and go "hmm, you know, they have a point!"
Okay, Hive. You're right.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:54 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
Quote:
And to answer your question: NO, I would NOT choose an 18-year-old over a 37-year old, presuming that 37-year old guy is relatively attractive, fit, and intelligent. If he wasn't, then I would choose neither. I don't feel the need to chase youth, because I feel no need for that kind of validation.
It's not about validation, it's...performance. The young guy would be more satisfying than me. Plus he would be more handsome.

Quote:
You're thinking like a man when you ask that question. Guys might think an 18-year old girl is the epitome of beauty and sexiness, but I consider an 18 year old male to be a boy. I'm the mother of 3, including a 17-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy. Yes, teenagers ARE still boys and girls. And people who lack maturity and life experience are NOT sexy, imo, as physically "beautiful" as they may be.
You're confusing beauty with desirability for a relationship. If you're looking for someone who's mature, wise, seasoned, etc., in a relationship, then yes, you might would want someone older (unless you find a young person with those qualities).

But if you're looking for sexual satisfaction then most 18 year olds would be more attractive in that regard than most older people. By no means is that always true. But, quite often.

No reason to get upset...there are lots of women who want younger guys, including 18 year old guys, and there are lots of men who want the woman to be older. When I was 20 I was in love with a woman who was 27. Of course she looked closer to my age, but I felt very comfortable with her and we would talk about space exploration and colonization before and after class. Now she's 44 but she still looks 20. We were never together...I joined the Navy in part because of inspiration from her. You can't choose whom you fall in love with, and I've liked older people, people my age, and younger people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships