Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:52 PM

491 posts, read 469,840 times

Advertisements

You know, the notion that women have it easier is what keeps women with can't-have-relationships problems like myself marginalized, ignored, and belittled.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:54 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,586,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Eh I think he's right though. Most men are able to get girlfriends at some point. Those of us who are virgins in our late 30s are in a very small minority.

Sometimes I am tempted to just give up and go the casual route...although I'm not attractive enough for it and I would probably have to just sleep with prostitutes only. But I will never do that because it defeats the purpose of waiting for something meaningful. If I'm just going to have casual sex, that doesn't give me anything I can't get from myself. Plus it introduces the risk of STDs; my risk right now is near zero.

Like I said I don't know if I will ever be in a relationship...probably not, at this point. Depressing but true.
But casual might be fun. You can't say for sure until you try it. You can keep waiting for something meaningful while you are having some fun, can't you?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,586,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
Wow, what a ringing endorsement.

Take heart, Neutrino! Make massive changes and you may be deemed "cute" and therefore acceptable.
Most of us are average; that's what average means.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:58 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,922,055 times
Quote:
I would say about 50% of the single male population is frozen out, and another 25% have extreme difficulty, leaving that remaining 25% to pillage.
Wow, I was always confident in myself but I never really considered I was in the top 25% of guys back in my dating days. Mind you I didn't exactly "pillage" but I certainly did all right for myself. I chalked it up to self confidence and not letting failures define me, but maybe I was just one of the few, lucky blessed ones!

41,940 posts, read 36,707,217 times
Quote:
I would say about 50% of the single male population is frozen out, and another 25% have extreme difficulty, leaving that remaining 25% to pillage.

50% of single males that want to date aren't dating/having sex?

You seriously believe that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Wow, I was always confident in myself but I never really considered I was in the top 25% of guys back in my dating days. Mind you I didn't exactly "pillage" but I certainly did all right for myself. I chalked it up to self confidence and not letting failures define me, but maybe I was just one of the few, lucky blessed ones!
Yeah, damn, I was fat (around 240#), bald, glasses, and broke in my late 20s and yet I was part of the top 25%!! Who knew!!?

245 posts, read 218,193 times
It's no secret that women have it much easier than men do in regards to DATING.

Relationships is a different story, because once they "give it up", they lose any power they held, and something more than a little free snizzle is required to keep a man around... this is where a lot of women fall flat. They think just because they are attractive, they just need to sit there and be hot and the guys will stick around. LoL to that for most guys.

If the woman is halfway attractive, say, a 5 or better, not grossly overweight, she can get dates. If she can hold a conversation and is not clingy, she can have a relationship

Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,203,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Yeah I don't think most men are finding long stretches of lack of success with women. The human race is still reproducing so obviously people are finding each other and having sex.

Those of us who have a lot of difficulty with this shouldn't try to act like ours is the normal case or be bitter or angry toward women.
I can appreciate your pragmatic view on this.

There are some people who struggle, at times or all the time, with dating. But for the most part, the human race is still chugging along.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 PM

914 posts, read 761,370 times
Quote:
I've already addressed most of your other stuff, as it's the boilerplate you usually offer.

But I'd like to take a crack at the bolded. Your assertion holds up if we assume that everyone is only dating one person at a time, which we know to not be the case. It doesn't hold water because a lot of women want and are, in fact, dating the same men.

What we have going on today are soft harems, where average women are willing to accept FWB, less-than-committed arrangements from men who they perceive as "above them" on the dating/social totem pole.
What you end up with is a lot of higher-end guys dating/sleeping with 5-10 women at a time, and the average guys are getting frozen out.

I'd like to challenge your harem theory from a biological perspective. I don't believe you are correct because if you were, the vast majority of women would be reproducing with very few men. Now if this were actually occurring, the subsequent generation of people would all be closely related to each other with very little genetic variation within the population. This would make them all more susceptible to disease both genetic and viral, and they would possibly die out. But, this has NOT been the case! The population both worldwide and in the US continue to boom with high rates of variation within us all. Therefore your Harem theory isn't the rule, because genetics and nature's preference for variation suggest otherwise.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:01 PM

8,916 posts, read 7,661,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's no surprise or secret that women hold the cards. That doesn't mean it makes dating any easier for them. While women may have more opportunities, especially with online dating where women likely get 100 replies for every 1 that a man gets, she also has to sort through a lot more frogs before she finds that prince.
Mmmm...I disagree with the first statement but agree with the rest.

From my experience the guys have held the cards if we want to play the "who has it easier" game.
I always lost when I caught feelings, because majority of the time the guys already had someone in mind they wanted to be with. I just had the misfortune of falling for them before I found out.

Yes we often do get bombarded with messages online and a lot of us get hit on in public but most of the time we want something meaningful while 80% of those guys just want a one night stand. People are getting better and better at concealing their true desires so it's wise to stay on your toes at all times.

Getting sex is easy...love...not so much. In most of the posts like this....that is where a lot of people miss the point.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:01 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,000,849 times
I go outside and hail quality men on the streets like cabs, it's true.

Then I marry them, bear their children and then divorce them for the sheer pleasure of stealing all their riches and preventing them from seeing their offspring, choosing instead to saddle another man with this burden.

All women do this, duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships