Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 11:08 AM

422 posts, read 448,084 times

Advertisements

Met this guy not too long ago.

Almost positive he likes me (exactly in what way, however, I'm not sure). He has shown some signs of interest such as starting conversations with me, offering to drive me home, staring at me adoringly/admiringly, getting nervous around me, stuttering when he talks...

Never had any interest in this guy but he seemed to work hard to put himself on my radar, and yes, now...I'm interested!

He is extremely popular with the female species and is naturally flirtatious. However, I have noticed he is somewhat different with me which could simply mean he responds to me differently because I do not behave towards him like the other girls.

He has this good gal pal that he used to hide behind sometimes when he would see me (wth?), but he's stopped doing that now and he seems to be getting bolder as just last week he looked me straight in the eyes and started smiling at me. It was a prolonged eye contact and I broke gaze first. Also, he's been trying to initiate more and more conversation with me but I always tense up and don't know what to say! The chemistry between us is powerful, and it's scary!

Problem is: Don't know if I really trust this guy? Even though he's seemingly doing all of the right things? Are there any other solid signs to look for to tell if he's sincere? He's done all these things but hasn't officially asked me out (on a date that is)? And no, I haven't reciprocated much because well, I'm frightened.

One last tidbit: the other day I caught him staring at me with an angry look on his face and it made me so nervous. Then he came to sit near me (thank God there was someone in between us) and I clammed up. Why was he looking at me that way???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 01:53 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times
It sounds like he genuinely likes you but is afraid of putting himself out there. The angry look may have been him being angry at himself for not being able to confidently approach you - we don't really know though.

If he's popular with the ladies, he may have a very fine-tuned "front" that he uses to get female attention. But if he really likes you, it's probably harder for him to be upfront about that because, like you, he feels vulnerable and scared.

Just continue to be open to him, try not to let your fears get the better of you because that will trigger his fears.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:15 PM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
And no, I haven't reciprocated much because well, I'm frightened.
Why.. and of what?

Old 01-19-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
It sounds like he genuinely likes you but is afraid of putting himself out there. The angry look may have been him being angry at himself for not being able to confidently approach you - we don't really know though.

If he's popular with the ladies, he may have a very fine-tuned "front" that he uses to get female attention. But if he really likes you, it's probably harder for him to be upfront about that because, like you, he feels vulnerable and scared.

Just continue to be open to him, try not to let your fears get the better of you because that will trigger his fears.

Thank you so much, Stava.

I will take your advice and continue to be open. Funny, I actually thought he would have given up by now, but it's like he keeps trying..little by little. I believe he can sense that I like him too, but, I'm just scared. By nature I am not a jealous person at all, but it bothers me when I see him interacting with all those females. He's basically the only guy who has ever made me feel like this and it disturbs me.

Thanks again.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Why.. and of what?

Hi Pitt Chick (cool name btw)

Well, haven't reciprocated because I'm afraid he might be a player. Shucks, some days I don't know what to think. I'm so confused.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:44 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
Thank you so much, Stava.

I will take your advice and continue to be open. Funny, I actually thought he would have given up by now, but it's like he keeps trying..little by little. I believe he can sense that I like him too, but, I'm just scared. By nature I am not a jealous person at all, but it bothers me when I see him interacting with all those females. He's basically the only guy who has ever made me feel like this and it disturbs me.

Thanks again.
A lot of the player types are deeply insecure. That's why I say keep yourself open to him, as long as he doesn't mess you around of course. Be kind, but have boundaries and be firm (aka, don't put up with any BS from him). What you want is for him to trust and respect you - that will be your foundation for a real relationship.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:19 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
Has he given you any reason not to trust him, to doubt his sincerity, or to be frightened? If not, your outlook doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

Old 01-19-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
A lot of the player types are deeply insecure. That's why I say keep yourself open to him, as long as he doesn't mess you around of course. Be kind, but have boundaries and be firm (aka, don't put up with any BS from him). What you want is for him to trust and respect you - that will be your foundation for a real relationship.
Thank you again, Stava.

Yes, trust and respect.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Has he given you any reason not to trust him, to doubt his sincerity, or to be frightened? If not, your outlook doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?
No, not really.

I realize It's just my insecurities bubbling to the surface more and more because of his gregarious nature. Ah well.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:34 PM

Anymore insights would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships