Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:22 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,785 times

Advertisements

You shouldn't feel bad. If it was 3-5 dates you shouldn't feel guilty. You two are not in a monogamous relationship and he doesn't even know you. Be weary of someone trying to go from 0 to 1000 in 1 date.

Why would you feel guilty? Are you leaving out some details? Did you have sex with him and make him feel like you were into him on a special level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 11:22 PM

393 posts, read 466,428 times
You have nothing to feel bad about.

I strongly disagree with the responses on this thread that say--"as long as you haven't made an agreement to be exclusive, and they don't think you're exclusive..." or something to that effect. I don't think you have any obligation to let people you're dating know you're dating others, even if they clearly think you're exclusive. Moreover, even if you've made an agreement to be exclusive with someone, it's not a morally binding agreement, IMO. As long as you're doing whatever you're doing with consenting adults, you have a right to live your life the way you want.

And not only that, but I think it would be a BAD idea to tell anyone you're dating that you're dating other people as well. While it might remove the possibility of a dramatic blowup, it would also probably keep the relationship at a very elementary stage. Knowing that you're one of several people someone is "casually" dating is hardly much of a turn-on.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:39 PM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post

I strongly disagree with the responses on this thread that say--"as long as you haven't made an agreement to be exclusive, and they don't think you're exclusive..." or something to that effect. I don't think you have any obligation to let people you're dating know you're dating others, even if they clearly think you're exclusive. Moreover, even if you've made an agreement to be exclusive with someone, it's not a morally binding agreement, IMO. As long as you're doing whatever you're doing with consenting adults, you have a right to live your life the way you want.

And not only that, but I think it would be a BAD idea to tell anyone you're dating that you're dating other people as well. While it might remove the possibility of a dramatic blowup, it would also probably keep the relationship at a very elementary stage. Knowing that you're one of several people someone is "casually" dating is hardly much of a turn-on.
LOL... whatever... clearly a post designed to upset people.....

Old 02-20-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... whatever... clearly a post designed to upset people.....
A forum is supposed to be a place where people can express their opinions, and these are mine. If others are "upset" by it, that's their problem, not mine.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
A forum is supposed to be a place where people can express their opinions, and these are mine. If others are "upset" by it, that's their problem, not mine.
True... a forum is a place where opinions can be expressed and if others are offended or upset it is their problem..... I don't have a problem with that.......

I do have a problem with people that offer opinions designed to inflame and insight.... and most certainly that happens on public forum such as CD....

And that isn't a problem of others... it's a problem of the insighter....and that logic isn't hard to grasp and there isn't much of a way to swing/sway/instigate/massage/manipulate that opinion.......the oppressive personality, aka antisocial personality, has a hard time finding a way to parlay that into something else.....

Logic is ****ing logic.... ain't no suppressive personality gonna be able to massage that one....

Last edited by Chowhound; 02-21-2015 at 12:04 AM..

Old 02-21-2015, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
True... a forum is a place where opinions can be expressed and if others are offended or upset it is their problem..... I don't have a problem with that.......

I do have a problem with people that offer opinions designed to inflame and insight.... and most certainly that happens on public forum such as CD....

And that isn't a problem of others... it's a problem of the insighter....and that logic isn't hard to grasp and there isn't much of a way to swing/sway/instigate/massage/manipulate that opinion.......the oppressive personality, aka antisocial personality, has a hard time finding a way to parlay that into something else.....

Logic is ****ing logic.... ain't no suppressive personality gonna be able to massage that one....
So an unorthodox opinion is automatically "designed to inflame and insight." Gotcha.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:01 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:

I'm responding to my bolded black, and, more specifically, red.

If they clearly think you're exclusive, of course you have an obligation to let them know you're dating others. Of course you do.

"Moreover," if you've made an agreement to be exclusive with someone, and you don't consider it to be a morally binding agreement, what would you consider a morally binding agreement?

Are you sure you understand the phrase "consenting adults"? That means you consent to it. If they're not consenting to you seeing other people, that means you're not "doing whatever you're doing" with consenting adults.

You trolls are so weak. And boring.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm responding to my bolded black, and, more specifically, red.

If they clearly think you're exclusive, of course you have an obligation to let them know you're dating others. Of course you do.
What is "of course" to you may be anything but to others. As far as I'm concerned, to say you have to tell that is a gross violation of privacy.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:04 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
What is "of course" to you may be anything but to others. As far as I'm concerned, to say you have to tell that is a gross violation of privacy.
Lmao!

And, you can't answer the rest of the facts?

Old 02-21-2015, 01:05 AM

Quote:
WTH are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships