Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 01:06 AM

393 posts, read 466,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"Moreover," if you've made an agreement to be exclusive with someone, and you don't consider it to be a morally binding agreement, what would you consider a morally binding agreement?
An agreement is not morally binding if allowing it to be broken upholds something more important than the consequences of breaking it. I think the freedom to sleep with who you want is more important than the likely consequences of breaking a promise to be exclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 01:07 AM

393 posts, read 466,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Are you sure you understand the phrase "consenting adults"? That means you consent to it. If they're not consenting to you seeing other people, that means you're not "doing whatever you're doing" with consenting adults.
It's YOU that doesn't understand "consent." You can't "consent" to someone doing something with someone else. That's not consent, that's illegitimate control.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:09 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Please tell me where you've read all this stuff. lol

Old 02-21-2015, 01:12 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
It's YOU that doesn't understand "consent." You can't "consent" to someone doing something with someone else. That's not consent, that's illegitimate control.
LOL........ what a joke.......

You think you are so slick...

Old 02-21-2015, 01:20 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Perosnally I would never date multiple people at once without sharing that information with those who I am involving.

Things are better left SAID than unsaid.

Last edited by rego00123; 02-21-2015 at 01:29 AM..

Old 02-21-2015, 01:28 AM

Sorry, OP, this wasn't directed at you, lol. Sorry for derailing.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:50 AM

So, for people dating:

You either agree that you're going to see other people while you're dating

~ or ~

You agree that you're not going to see other people while you're dating.

Done deal. Problems solved. No need to discuss further. Am I forgetting anything?

Old 02-21-2015, 06:53 AM

491 posts, read 471,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky444 View Post
Ok, I'm on match.com and get a lot of emails from guys..i went on one date with this guy who happens to be 5 years younger. I'm 32 and he's 27..usually, after my dates I'll get a text saying they had a good time and they want to go out again..ok,cool..good deal..after my date with him, he texts me the very next day wanting me to go to lunch..I stayed home from work bc I had drank a little too much wine..I told him I stayed home from work and I shouldn't be going out and also I had a massive headache..he said ok I'll come by in an hour and bring you soup..very sweet but once again I just wanted to lay on the couch not feeling well. He called me that night hinting about getting together that night..I said couldnt..then he asked me today to go to the arts show tonight downtown..problem is I have a date already..I told him "sorry I already have plans :/ what are you up to Sunday? He texted back kinda with an attitude he was already doing something..my question is why should I feel bad after one date with someone that I'm going out with others? I'm not in s relationship and this time around im going to date lots until I know for sure..btw we did kiss, cuddle, make out..but no sex..once again we were both drinking some wine..I don't need to hear about why I shouldn't drink on dates...why does this guy have an attitude now?? It was just one date!!
Honestly, as long as he wasn't psycho, this guy kinda sounds like a dream.

I know that's not the answer you were looking for.

Then again, maybe he's only being so attentive because he wants in your pants. *sigh*

Old 02-21-2015, 07:32 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,943,680 times
My thoughts: You shouldn't feel bad for dating multiple people. You should however let him know that despite you two making out and cuddling on the first date, you want to slow it down some. He probably did get the wrong impression by your first date and he's treating it as such. If you want to continue seeing him so you can get to know him more, you should tell let him your thoughts at the moment. Lack of communication or inability to do it effectively is how relationships fade away.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:10 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He just wants to see you again. Blow it off. If he has a better attitude about seeing you later, see him again if you liked him.

I never cared for juggling guys, myself. But, if that's what you want, you should get used to this.
Sorry, even this is judgmental. The guy's a jerk bugging you continually...after, one, two, three, however many dates, until it is exclusive, IT'S NOT EXCLUSIVE! lol So don't feel bad in the slightest...if this guy had some other opportunity you can bet that he'd take it so don't give it another thought!

Dating is a numbers game, the more people you meet, the better your chances are of meeting the right person...and few people can decide on the right person after only one or two dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships