Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:27 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

Whether you've been married for 50 years, 20 years, a year, or just dating.......sexual fantasies can exist within a person, male or female.

It's great and wonderful if your fantasies are about your partner. But what if you harbor fantasies that are not about your partner - it could be a friend, acquaintance, an actor/actress or a musician, etc.

Answer this question without judging a person whose fantasies are not always about their partner. But also, answer this question with knowledge that we are only talking about fantasies and not something borderline that could turn into something real, a physical relationship.

Would you / do you feel guilt about such fantasies? Do you think it is a bad thing, something you should be ashamed of? Or do you feel, within the context I mentioned above that the fantasy I am asking about will 100% always stay a fantasy, that this fantasy is something "normal" and in no way has any negative impact on your relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 12:31 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
What a great topic.

I think fantasies are normal, healthy, and nothing to feel guilt over. If they are about someone other than one's partner, they are probably best kept to oneself.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:01 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,233 times
From the first female I dated to the present day, I have always been in favor of openly discussing fantasies with my partners. All it ever brought me was fulfillment, so I always wonder why all couples don't practice it.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Sure I can fantasize about Keanu Reeves and he can fantasize about Oprah.

Who am I to judge.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I can only answer for myself.... I wouldn't fantasize about anyone I knew. To that's a slippery slope that could turn into something else. Otherwise, I think every does it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-20-2015, 01:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
I don't know if the majority of men have 'fantasies'. Guys have stuff they are interested in trying but perhaps never had the chance, never found anyone willing, etc. Women, on the other hand, do fantasize because there is usually not much interest on their part of actually experiencing the fantasy scenario in real life. This disconnect is why most couples cannot (safely) discuss their inner sex thoughts with each other.

H

Old 02-20-2015, 01:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
From the first female I dated to the present day, I have always been in favor of openly discussing fantasies with my partners. All it ever brought me was fulfillment, so I always wonder why all couples don't practice it.
This is true.

Secrets breed sickness, and if you have a relationship built on trust and you understand your sexual boundaries, talking about your fantasies can really add to your relationship with your spouse.

Talking about them with my husband in a playful way really defuses them for me and keeps them from becoming the dangerous kind that I might rely on in an emotional way.

Fantasies are normal. How you handle them is the problem.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:53 PM

245 posts, read 219,439 times
I keep wishing my SO will wake up with short blue hair and elvish characteristics... elves are so hot!

Old 02-20-2015, 02:10 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
A smurf?

Old 02-20-2015, 04:13 PM

50,785 posts, read 36,486,545 times
It's fine to me as long as you're not bringing the fantasy into the relationship or risking the relationship with a real-life person. If you're just fantasizing while you "entertain yourself" that is normal and natural and it's really no one's business what's in your head, even your SO. However, if you're closing your eyes while making love to your SO so you can fantasize that it's her sister, that's F'd up, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships