Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times

Advertisements

This European guy at school contacted me out of nowhere and started texting me. I didn't even think he liked me. I had a feeling he was attracted to me but beyond that I didn't feel much of anything else. Well, he's been texting me a lot of smilies, winkies, and even an emoticon that blew a kiss. He also winked at me in school. When I walked out of the building the other day, he was talking to his friends and when he saw me leave he ran up to me and asked me to have coffee. I said sure. The conversations are a little mundane though. He seems reserved.

He even took me out to have dinner and paid for everything. I thought there would be more to it but that was it, just food at a pretty nice restaurant. Even at the beginning he mentioned he was just gonna get food and go back to his place to work. Maybe he was busy and had a lot of stuff to do but it was a little disappointing to not get invited to hang out afterward or stay out till later. The weird part was at the beginning he said he was going to go back to work but then during dinner he mentioned he was going to watch a movie. I was expecting him to be more flirtatious with me in person than digitally but the fact that he's not is making me very confused and frankly... I'm getting a little turned off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 08:53 PM

535 posts, read 515,722 times
yeah they were dates but it doesn't seem like its going anywhere, neither of you seem very interested in each other.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:06 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
This European guy at school contacted me out of nowhere and started texting me. I didn't even think he liked me. I had a feeling he was attracted to me but beyond that I didn't feel much of anything else. Well, he's been texting me a lot of smilies, winkies, and even an emoticon that blew a kiss. He also winked at me in school. When I walked out of the building the other day, he was talking to his friends and when he saw me leave he ran up to me and asked me to have coffee. I said sure. The conversations are a little mundane though. He seems reserved.

He even took me out to have dinner and paid for everything. I thought there would be more to it but that was it, just food at a pretty nice restaurant. Even at the beginning he mentioned he was just gonna get food and go back to his place to work. Maybe he was busy and had a lot of stuff to do but it was a little disappointing to not get invited to hang out afterward or stay out till later. The weird part was at the beginning he said he was going to go back to work but then during dinner he mentioned he was going to watch a movie. I was expecting him to be more flirtatious with me in person than digitally but the fact that he's not is making me very confused and frankly... I'm getting a little turned off.
Oh good grief!

You're not one of those girls that expect the guy to entertain you while you sit on a throne judging him are you?

For Pete's sake the guy asked you for coffee and dinner and was hoping you would help in the conversation but instead questioned what he was saying.

Lighten up a bit. Laugh. Tell a cool story that happened to you that day, talk about the weather.

Conversation is like tennis, you have to serve too ya know.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh good grief!

You're not one of those girls that expect the guy to entertain you while you sit on a throne judging him are you?

For Pete's sake the guy asked you for coffee and dinner and was hoping you would help in the conversation but instead questioned what he was saying.

Lighten up a bit. Laugh. Tell a cool story that happened to you that day, talk about the weather.

Conversation is like tennis, you have to serve too ya know.
You're the one judging me nMod cut: language . quite the contrary. I felt I was the one trying to be entertaining and funny and different. I know how to date. It is like tennis but the ball isn't coming over the net.

Last edited by Mikala43; 02-22-2015 at 11:39 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 06:48 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
OP:

You want to know if the two of you went out on a date.

Ask him.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:40 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
LOL, seriously, you can't tell a date from a casual, friendly outing?

If you have to ask then it's probably not a date, or your communication skills need polishing up on.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:42 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
Yes. Touch his arm and give him cues that its okay to kiss you. It seems like hes just moving slowly until you say youre comfortable with dating.

But only if you actually enjoy his company. It doesnt seem like you do.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:26 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
You're the one judging me now so Fu ck off . quite the contrary. I felt I was the one trying to be entertaining and funny and different. I know how to date. It is like tennis but the ball isn't coming over the net.
You don't know how to date, or read people.......if you did, you wouldn't be on here asking a 12 year old's question. Mod cut: not PG13 you would find out real quickly how he felt, that's the European way, didn't you know?....Are parents not teaching their kids relationship skills? This is basic junior high crap....It isn't like tennis or ping pong or paddle ball

Last edited by Mikala43; 02-22-2015 at 11:40 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
You don't know how to date, or read people.......if you did, you wouldn't be on here asking a 12 year old's question. Why don't you just crawl under the table and blow him, you would find out real quickly how he felt, that's the European way, didn't you know?....Are parents not teaching their kids relationship skills? This is basic junior high crap....It isn't like tennis or ping pong or paddle ball
Well, I suspected it was but no chemistry. Just came on here to confirm. Mod cut: language

Last edited by Mikala43; 02-22-2015 at 11:41 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 11:11 AM

576 posts, read 824,213 times
It does sound like a date.why don't you ask him? how do you feel about him? are you interested in him romantically? Keep talking to him and find out his intentions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships