Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:53 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

Just ask him out outside of work. That's how it works, their are no magic ways to do it. Just ask him if he is interested in doing somehing after work.

Boom. It's done.

No overly complicated schemes to "win" people's favor and no more anxiety of wondering "what if"
You're over complicating things for yourself by playing silly games that try to impose yourself to be more important than you are to avoid your dealing with your own issues.

Keep the personal crap for after hours and away from your workplace.

I am not sure what you really want to hear that you haven't gotten 4 times over....

Last edited by rego00123; 03-11-2015 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Phone errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 08:59 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Using his moms illness to flirt sounds terrible.
I agree. Very tacky.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
Just to clarify this,he is not my boss.However,He has senior position than me and we don't directly work together.We don't even work together everyday/ just hear and there depending on who I am replacing.

You said before he was a supervisor and that you weren't going to communicate with him (ala give him the silent treatment) except for things directly work related.

Which is it?

Quote:
[Snip.] I was involved with a co worker from my last job and there was no issue whatsoever! At the end I realized that we are better off as friends and this had nothing do with the fact we work together. We were just not compatible. It was not awkward at all and it didn't cause any problems
For who? You and him?

You obviously don't understand that non fraternization policies have little to do with the issues between the two people in the relationship. It is the other workers and the company that is the main issue.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-11-2015 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:39 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,634 times
No. Do not date coworkers. Forget it.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:16 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Quote:
I have had a crush on this co worker for a while now but i am wasn't sure if he likes me in that way untill recently.He would always be friendly and smiles at me when i first worked with him.We would talk about casual staff ,nothing personal whenever i would run ito him in the bulding or parking lot. So i never thought anything out of it.I just thought he was just being friendly.It just wasnt enough for me to think that he likes me back.

I dont work with him everyday but here and there since i am have casual position.I get scedule to work on his floor maybe one a week or once every other week.

However, yesterday i decided to wear make up at work to look nice for him since i knew i was working on his floor.Then sometime during the shift he called my name to get my attention.He asked me if i went out last night.I said no and asked why.He said its because i have an eye liner on so he thought i might have went clubbing or something like that.I just blushed and giggled.I never wore make up at work untill yesterday

Then sometime later during the shift after he finished applying a dressing to one of the residents, he asked me to get a pack of ice for her hands that's swollen in the fridge .There was no plastic in the kitchen so he went in is office to get it so I can put the ice in it. Then he was like ``So you did your make up today, you look good`` I just blushed and said thank you

Instead of letting put the ice in the bag he stayed in the kitchen with me when he didn't have to. I am so shy so I just froze up and got all nervous . I asked him if he ever goes out clubbing and he said he does occasionally to a pub but that's about it. We made a small talk then I confided in him how I am going through some personal issues dealing with mothers death and all. He said that he understands because his mom has been ill as well. I don't why I told him this but it just came out and I felt comfortable confiding in him.

I would prefer not to date co workers though. I have had at least 5 guys from work expressed interest in me but I just told them that I don't date co workers and I have boyfriend. Even when I didn't ,it was a nice way to turn them down. I think it also had to do with the fact that I wasn't really interested in them in the first place.

with this guy its different because I am truly into him so if were to ask me out, I would jump at the chance without any hesitation despite the fact that we work together

Does this mean he likes me as well or am I just reading too much into it? I wasn't sure if he likes me in that way until now. I thought guys don't notice eye liner or make up. Just the fact that he noticed that and cared enough to say something.How should I proceed? talk to him more?
Yea I'm sure he does like you since he noticed your eye liner. If I thought a woman was unattractive, she could set herself on fire and I wouldn't notice. I don't think its wise to date coworkers but if you like him that much you should hint to him that you're attracted to him, maybe he doesn't want to get rejected so compliment his appearance, say something out of the blue like "wow you are seriously a good looking man"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships