Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:47 PM

621 posts, read 1,033,095 times

Advertisements

When it comes down to my first time dates/meet-ups, I would always keep it basic and simple, hanging at the mall, get something to eat or drink and get to know each other. Then the following date would be something else. But it had me thinking on some of the small date ideas and big date ideas.

Like to me, I want to go to Disneyland Theme Park but doing that on a 1st or 2nd date or even 1 month or dating, would be a big deal to do no? Like shouldn't that type of date happen after 4-6 months of dating or even 1 year?

Other ideas I've had includes;

Hollywood
Observatory
Aquarium
Queen Mary Ship
Museums
Concerts
Zoo

But these to be done as a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. type of date. What do you think? What types of dates have you done? Which would you say are a bit out of this way as a first date or 2nd date etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 03:08 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
All those things are relative. If two people have the time, passion, money, and inclination, nothing's to stop them from doing something ridiculously extravagant on a second date or whatever. It's rare, but sometimes you just click that way. I like to do things pretty big, so some of the types of dates you might be thinking about are things I often introduce earlier than I suspect most would. I've gone on impromptu vegas trips with women before (it's driving distance for me).

A factor that can't go unaddressed (?) when it comes to big dates ideas is money, though. Like I mentioned, if you both can afford it, what's to stop you? But that's not always the case. Disneyland ain't cheap

Old 02-22-2015, 09:14 PM

743 posts, read 832,309 times
I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on any woman that I wasn't married to. That's a lot of money lost when ya break up lol, and I've even heard of many trips turning into breakup nightmares during... talk about money and fun times down the drain. Going with friends sounds like more fun!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:36 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
All those sounds better for 4th or 5th dates, I think the first couple of dates should be the more traditional dinner/movie/coffee/apps type of thing........ I think people try too hard to impress at first with different or non typical types of things... to me it just adds pressure..... the standard dinner/coffee thing is fine.... the point is it get to know each other, in my opinion.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:58 PM

I have been wanting to go to Disneyland and considered this guy and I go but thats a BIG event and pricey so saving it for us dating for maybe 6 months to 1 year is more better suited?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:00 PM

743 posts, read 832,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I have been wanting to go to Disneyland and considered this guy and I go but thats a BIG event and pricey so saving it for us dating for maybe 6 months to 1 year is more better suited?
You'd be paying for it all? Why can't the bill be 50/50? But yes, odds are in your favor to wait at least that long.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:09 PM

No I would have us go 50/50 on tickets, parking maybe he can pay and I can pay for food and we pay for our own merch or something haha.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
All those sounds better for 4th or 5th dates, I think the first couple of dates should be the more traditional dinner/movie/coffee/apps type of thing........ I think people try too hard to impress at first with different or non typical types of things... to me it just adds pressure..... the standard dinner/coffee thing is fine.... the point is it get to know each other, in my opinion.
probably.. maybe depends on whether you already know the person, if from an online date, for sure.... if you already have spent time together (in a group or whatever, its different....)

personally, I'd love the observatory.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:15 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
probably.. maybe depends on whether you already know the person, if from an online date, for sure.... if you already have spent time together (in a group or whatever, its different....)

personally, I'd love the observatory.
Well... pretty much everything the OP listed was stuff in So Cal.... so the list doesn't translate across the board.... LOL.........

Old 02-22-2015, 10:23 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well... pretty much everything the OP listed was stuff in So Cal.... so the list doesn't translate across the board.... LOL.........
lol yeah, Disneyland is going to be pretty expensive for some of us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships