Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 02:40 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,556,877 times

Advertisements

I love all these different opinions that I didn't even think of. I too would like to see a pic. But I don't blame OP for not wanting to post one because what if people say, yeah dude, sorry, you are pretty ugly.

Because I was told I was ugly for the first half of my life, I do pay attention to stuff like that and have strong opinions. I do think there are people out there who are ugly, I do feel sorry for them, especially if they're men because they can't use make up. I have found that some guys are so ugly they're sexy, like Steve Buscemi. It's probably because of his confidence level. I do believe confidence level goes a long way. No matter who you are. I do think there's someone out there for everyone.

I'm single and have been for the past 5 years, but I don't think it's because I'm ugly, I think it's because I'm not confidently going out looking. OP, you may indeed be ugly (by society's standards), so all I can advise is build up your confidence in the face of that adversity, kind of do that thing, fake it til you make it. Tell yourself every day that you are gorgeous, and really believe it, I bet you'll see a turnaround.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 02:52 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Well true, men can't use make-up. However, if people who are truly ugly started saving young, or got a grand job. Then maybe finding a good surgeon could help.

Plastic surgery can work wonders, if it's someone good.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...pskgafikcc.jpg

I may get some later down the road. lol

Old 02-25-2015, 03:23 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
True.....but I've found that ugly guys usually fare better than their looks because ugly women don't want to think they're settling for us. So we always tend to outkick our coverage.
Hey, didn't you say that's what I was doing? Man, I tell you, between you and cinderslipper I am getting beat senseless on this thread!

Old 02-25-2015, 03:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Hey, didn't you say that's what I was doing? Man, I tell you, between you and cinderslipper I am getting beat senseless on this thread!

Nah......some of us outkick our coverage because we're so ugly that any woman we get is out of our league. You outkick your coverage because even though you're a semper fi babe magnet, your lady is still a knockout.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:21 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post
I'm sorry that you've been told that you're ugly- whomever has said that to you are the ugly people, not you! Trust me when I say this: confidence makes anyone look good, period. Whether you're ugly or not (and I'm betting that you really aren't, just haven't met anyone yet who knows how to appreciate you for you) if you're confident that shines through and women respond to it. My husband has an old friend who isn't the best-looking guy in the world and is only 5'4 to boot, and he gets LOADS of attention. Know why? He has game, humor and major confidence and the ladies really respond to that, I've seen it first hand numerous times.
Here we go with the lies. Op reality is, most women care about looks, finances, and social status, in that order.

Have you ever watched the newest season of real world? There's a guy name tony and he has 3 attractive women fighting over him. He's sleeping with all 3 and they put up with it because he's attractive.

You can go off with this poster said but you just had 50 girls reject you in a row.

Most women live in lala land and give you bad info. After you have been just been rejected by 50 girls this poster still posted this bad info that looks aren't eveything. The fact of the matter is people aren't perfect and we are all superficial; some more then others.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:24 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
If ugly people weren't getting together, AND procreating, we would be a society of Ford Models. We're not, so.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-25-2015, 07:29 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,311,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Here we go with the lies. Op reality is, most women care about looks, finances, and social status, in that order.

Have you ever watched the newest season of real world? There's a guy name tony and he has 3 attractive women fighting over him. He's sleeping with all 3 and they put up with it because he's attractive.

You can go off with this poster said but you just had 50 girls reject you in a row.

Most women live in lala land and give you bad info. After you have been just been rejected by 50 girls this poster still posted this bad info that looks aren't eveything. The fact of the matter is people aren't perfect and we are all superficial; some more then others.
Probably the most honest post. I think most people (men and women) are shallow when it comes to looks even the "looks aren't everything" people. Anyways it's not the persons fault it's not like he had a catalog of different faces to choose from.

Last edited by Mr.2089; 02-25-2015 at 07:39 PM..

Old 02-25-2015, 08:06 PM

513 posts, read 429,003 times
If you were staring at me, I'd get uncomfortable too...

Old 02-25-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuriousman View Post
I always see people asking if ugly people can get girlfriends. So I decided to test it out.

I am an ugly man listing my past 50 attempts at trying to get a girlfriend. FYI, I am confirmed ugly, there is zero speculation as it's been repeatedly told to me over the years.

The following are results from following the advice I got here to "just go for it". I also made sure I was well dressed had andwas very open to everybody.

Every single woman rejected me.

Every encounter falls into 4 failure scenarios.

Girls #1-13: On the subway/public transport/open area and dressed my best. This is during the day time. I make eye contact with a woman only to have them immediately look away and never look back again. No acknowledgement, reciprocation, and a clearly visible look of disgust on their face. Decide to do a new approach and actually go by a woman instead, they look right at me and immediately shift their body away or move further up the platform.

Girls #14-20: I see a woman I find attractive at an event and approach her saying I'd like to hang out with her sometime Very low pressure/fun, maintaining full eye contact. They all smile at first but then immediately walk away as I'm trying to talk to them again. Most just look immediately at their phones after and never look at me again for the rest of the night. Slight/veiled look of disgust on their face but the lowest of all 4 scenarios.

Girls #20-30: Same as above only difference is doing it at night. Drunk women will talk to me for a few moments only to go off to other men. Look of disgust is not as obvious here but still very much there. It is instead replaced with a look of pity.

Girls #40-50: This is a general rejection upon first sight. Even when approaching with a light anecdote or observation to start a conversation, they simply respond coldly and refuse to talk further. Any responses henceforth are equally dismissive or non-existent. EXTREME anger and resentment towards me for approaching them, almost fury. Look of disgust is strongest in these situations above all others.

Had these just been isolated incidents, one could chalk to up to chance. But this is a consistent pattern that repeats 100% of the time.

TL,DR

Yes, it is possible to be TOO ugly to get women, that isn't a myth.

I'm living proof.
FORGET WHAT EVERYONE ELSE POSTED. I WAS IN THE SAME EXACT SITUATION.

Here's all you need to know. Women are just as superficial some even more superficial about looks then men are.

Men will associate with a women who they may not find attractive; women will not. As you experienced, women will think their better then you, too good for you and think your trash if they perceive that their out of your league.

That's the cold heart truth.

Whats also the truth is that unless you are physically disfigured you are not truly ugly. Your like me you just need to stay on top of your physical features.

Its hard work.

What makes you ugly? Crooket teeth, scarred skin, discoloration, being out of shape, smelly breathe, ingrown hairs, dirty finger nails, acne, poor facial symmetry, having no style etc.

Get yourself into shape - Hitting the gym on the regular basis eating healthy
Acne/ Getting clear skin - washing your face on a regular basis, going tot he dermatologist, getting facials, exfoliating when your susppose to. Using the right lotions etc. etc.
Dealing with crooked teeth - means religously brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day, watching the sweets, going to the dentist paying for repairs.

Having style - means buying nicer clothes that a little more pricey.

Your literally have to change your lifestyle.

Truth is. Some people are gifted with amazing athletic ability and others are not. Some have to work harder to get the same athletic ability as the ones that are athletically gifted. Attraction works the same way. Some people are born with clear skin, perfect teeth, and nice body but some people like me and you have to put the time, money and energy in order to achieve the same results.

It's not easy. You need to make a conscience decision that your done feeling sorry for yourself and you are willing to put in the work to improve your looks and to maintain them. It's as simple as that.

It is alot of hardwork. Alot but you either do the work or be miserable with women for the rest of your life basically.

Last edited by Veyron; 02-25-2015 at 08:39 PM..

Old 02-25-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
Probably the most honest post. I think most people (men and women) are shallow when it comes to looks even the "looks aren't everything" people. Anyways it's not the persons fault it's not like he had a catalog of different faces to choose from.
The catch is most people aren't truly ugly they just need do more personal maintenance on their appearance.

We can all agree that queen latifah wasn't exactly stunning back in the day but she lost weight, found a nice style, cleaned up her teeth, perfected her skin, and she takes car of herself aesthetically now.

If you put the time and effort into your appearance you can make yourself attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships