Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:30 AM

545 posts, read 633,149 times

Advertisements

I haven't called the couch surfing girl in over two weeks but the last time I did it was pretty good. We're pretty bad logistically because she is about an hour and a half away (it is a train ride so it is extremely convenient) and she works during the evening and I work during the day. I reason I didn't call is because she was on a trip for a portion and the other portion I was extremely sick again. Should I call her now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,478,233 times
Sure. Why not?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:46 AM

133 posts, read 212,305 times
If you like her of course! the worst that can happen is she's not interested for one reason or the other..then, you can quit the wondering and find somebody else maybe closer to you.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:48 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,629,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
I haven't called the couch surfing girl in over two weeks but the last time I did it was pretty good. We're pretty bad logistically because she is about an hour and a half away (it is a train ride so it is extremely convenient) and she works during the evening and I work during the day. I reason I didn't call is because she was on a trip for a portion and the other portion I was extremely sick again. Should I call her now?
Don't bother.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:56 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,969,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky444 View Post
If you like her of course! the worst that can happen is she's not interested for one reason or the other..then, you can quit the wondering and find somebody else maybe closer to you.
Exactly!

OP; Try...

"Hey, how was your trip? I've been wanting to call but I've been under the weather."

I think that would work.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:49 AM

She eventually ended up calling me on saturday night but I was talking to my mother so I emailed her saying I would call her tomorrow. On monday when I called I thought she said she was in the bath and that she just woke up (she is Colombian). She had to end the call early because her mother called and she said to call again tomorrow. I gave an email wrapping up what we were talking about and joked about thinking she said she was in the bath which she thought was funny.

The call on monday was the longest we've ever had and at the end I joked again about mishearing that she said she was in the bath and then said "Ya I was like, that's pretty sexy, I'm talking to her while she is in the bath" and she immediately kind of shut down and changed the tone and seemed to look to end the call but I got us talking again. During the call she continually mentioned that she had some wine and it definitely wasn't a platonic call.

This morning she sent an email sounding like a business arrangement "as I told you I am sending you the confirmation email about...".

We've been going back and forth for months, flirt a lot and she pursues me (also would get jealous of cashiers / waiters flirting with me etc). I like talking to her etc but I never pursued her as a friend so if she's making it clear we're just friends I don't know how I could continue. Also I don't get the impression that she'd want to talk to me etc if I was just pursuing her as a friend.

Did I screw up or am I clearly friend zoned?

Old 02-24-2015, 08:56 AM

Be careful with girls and wine....we tend to get flirtatious..it's possible your still in the friendzone

Old 02-24-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Be careful with girls and wine....we tend to get flirtatious..it's possible your still in the friendzone
She was always flirty though.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:00 AM

But is she that type? Flirty with everyone?

Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
But is she that type? Flirty with everyone?
I think she is kind of half and half. Why would she be calling me then if she was just being flirty / nice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships