Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 AM

482 posts, read 799,425 times

Advertisements

We all know that cheating is bad, but there are different levels of cheating that goes beyond the scale of regular cheating. Here they are below.

1.) When a person cheats on their partner with a close friend, or relative.(This is awful,and sad)

2.) When a man cheats on his woman with another man ( I will admit that pretty ****ed up, and disgusting, and it's almost worse than #1,which both are pretty bad)

3.) Regular cheating

4.) When a person cheats on their SO with a person from a different race,background,or religion (some people might find this to be awful)

5.) When a person cheats on their SO, with some waayyy younger than them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Is that how you rank them? If "regular cheating" is in the middle, is #1 the worst? Cheating with someone "way younger" is not as bad as "regular cheating"?

You left out a few, including:

- Long-term affair
- Double life with another spouse and family somewhere else
- Activities such as sexting, chatting, secret phone calls, etc., but no physical sex
- Visiting hookers (as opposed to cheating with a friend or coworker)

Old 11-08-2012, 08:27 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
We all know that cheating is bad, but there are different levels of cheating that goes beyond the scale of regular cheating. Here they are below.

1.) When a person cheats on their partner with a close friend, or relative.(This is awful,and sad)

2.) When a man cheats on his woman with another man ( I will admit that pretty ****ed up, and disgusting, and it's almost worse than #1,which both are pretty bad)

3.) Regular cheating

4.) When a person cheats on their SO with a person from a different race,background,or religion (some people might find this to be awful)

5.) When a person cheats on their SO, with some waayyy younger than them.
All of the above will get the "foot in a&* and out the door" treatment from the Dissenter.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:27 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Cheating is cheating, its all bad and a dealbreaker for me and any other sensible person. Its the ultimate betrayal of trust in any exclusive relationship, trust which can never really be regained. However, when a man cheats on his woman with another man, chances are that he is gay, so I wouldnt necessarily think of it as cheating but rather finding his sexuality. This isnt gender specific either, just going by the example you provided.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,493 times
Cheating is cheating and isn't ever okay.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
To me, it's really hard to quantify things as worse or better in this situation.

That being said, I think a long-term affair that consumes a person's time, attention, money, and affection as far worse than, say, a one-time roll in the hay after having too much to drink that the person instantly regrets the next morning. Both are bad, but one is decidedly worse.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
To me, it's really hard to quantify things as worse or better in this situation.

That being said, I think a long-term affair that consumes a person's time, attention, money, and affection as far worse than, say, a one-time roll in the hay after having too much to drink that the person instantly regrets the next morning. Both are bad, but one is decidedly worse.
I disagree with you. A long term affair, can at least give one a reason to be sexual with their lover, while a one time roll in the hay, simply means youre paired up with a **** (male or female), who cant keep it in their pants after having a drink or two. Both are deal breakers.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
So is having a bi Gf/Bf cheating?

Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I disagree with you. A long term affair, can at least give one a reason to be sexual with their lover, while a one time roll in the hay, simply means youre paired up with a **** (male or female), who cant keep it in their pants after having a drink or two. Both are deal breakers.
Women tend to forgive a one-time mistake by a remorseful husband more easily than a long-standing affair that requires ongoing, deliberate deception. Men ask, "Did you sleep with him?" Women ask, "Do you love her?"

Generalities, of course.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Women tend to forgive a one-time mistake by a remorseful husband more easily than a long-standing affair that requires ongoing, deliberate deception. Men ask, "Did you sleep with him?" Women ask, "Do you love her?"

Generalities, of course.
I agree with you, its just another example of how men and women are very different. When people cheat, its the emotional affair that seems to bother women most, while its the physical act of sex that bothers most men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships