Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 994 times

Advertisements

I've been dating this guy for about 4 months and lately he's been canceling our dates. This past Saturday we were suppose to hang out he texted me the same day telling me he had to go into work, I haven't heard from him until today, he called asking me why haven't I called him, I told him I've been busy, he gets mad and tells me I will talk to you later. Is it me or is this guy playing mind games
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 12:55 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,675,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused 101 View Post
I've been dating this guy for about 4 months and lately he's been canceling our dates. This past Saturday we were suppose to hang out he texted me the same day telling me he had to go into work, I haven't heard from him until today, he called asking me why haven't I called him, I told him I've been busy, he gets mad and tells me I will talk to you later. Is it me or is this guy playing mind games
After 4 months of dating, I think it would be fine to tell him frankly "Look Jim, you have been cancelling our dates. I was kind of getting the message that you didn't want to see me, so I was respecting your decision. If this is not mutual, I am not going to chase after you."

Old 03-04-2015, 01:52 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,050,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
After 4 months of dating, I think it would be fine to tell him frankly "Look Jim, you have been cancelling our dates. I was kind of getting the message that you didn't want to see me, so I was respecting your decision. If this is not mutual, I am not going to chase after you."
How do you know his name is Jim!?

Old 03-04-2015, 01:57 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,247,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Petunia used to date him...met him on kettle of fish or bag a date or whatever....they went to a coffee shop, both espoused they were looking for that special someone.....two days later, after they "dated" the heck out of each other and did things she hasn't done since her honeymoon and first affair, she wanted "more"....he stopped returning her calls and blocked her on the sites....now she's madder than a midget at a slam dunk contest....

Sound familiar to any of you women out there???

Old 03-04-2015, 02:03 PM

102,346 posts, read 108,608,428 times
Quote:
Getting mad over something like that is a red flag, IMO. Over the 4 months, have you two been calling each other a lot, during the week? How many times has he cancelled recently? Does that seem like it's out of nowhere--had you been getting along well? If you want to give it one more chance (in spite of what seems like unjustified anger), you could text him to ask why the frequent cancellations lately, and say you'd assumed he'd moved on, and ask if everything's ok. Only you can decide, in view of your past interactions, how big a red flag the anger would be.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:06 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,675,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Petunia used to date him...met him on kettle of fish or bag a date or whatever....they went to a coffee shop, both espoused they were looking for that special someone.....two days later, after they "dated" the heck out of each other and did things she hasn't done since her honeymoon and first affair, she wanted "more"....he stopped returning her calls and blocked her on the sites....now she's madder than a midget at a slam dunk contest....

Sound familiar to any of you women out there???
Have you been spying on me????

Old 03-04-2015, 02:10 PM

914 posts, read 769,222 times
This sounds like two teenagers who haven't learned how to communicate within a relationship yet.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:39 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,438,162 times
Quote:
Sounds like a player. Don't be surprised he's probably seeing other girls. When he wants you, he guilt trips you. When he doesn't, he cancels dates.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:11 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,012,435 times
Quote:
Sounds like he is doing everything.

Then he waits to see if you will do something but you didn't.

Self-examination is key here.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:12 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,012,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Lol!

Maybe it's Dick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships