Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:32 PM

132 posts, read 106,750 times

Advertisements

First time poster. If this isn't an appropriate topic please delete.

Divorced 12 years ago, engaged 5 years ago, countless girlfriends in between. I can't find the one for me. I can't find a woman who I truly connect to. Now I'm lonely and I'm wondering if I'm going to end up spending the rest of my life alone. My family just encourages me to pick one and make a go of it, but I can't. I haven't met the girl that makes me want to invest my life in her.

Any advice?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Stop being picky.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
You were engaged 5 yrs ago? What happened? You thought you found the right one, but something went wrong during the engagement?

If you almost found one once (or twice, counting the divorce), you can find one again. How did you meet the one you were engaged to? What do you do to meet women? Keep looking. There are plenty of single 40-something women (and late 30-something ones) looking for a guy. The trick is to find those women, then sift through them and find the one that's right for you.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Welcome to the club. You're in good company here.

No, unfortunately, I don't have any advice. I can't find a guy I want to spend an evening with, let alone the rest of my life.

Why didn't you feel connected to your ex-wife or former fiance? What do you feel your relationships lacked?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-30-2015 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You were engaged 5 yrs ago? What happened? You thought you found the right one, but something went wrong during the engagement?

If you almost found one once (or twice, counting the divorce), you can find one again. How did you meet the one you were engaged to? What do you do to meet women? Keep looking. There are plenty of single 40-something women (and late 30-something ones) looking for a guy. The trick is to find those women, then sift through them and find the one that's right for you.
I know right.

Op where's your pic?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:11 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Just be happy with who you are and live life to the fullest, with or without a significant other.

Have fun and be adventurous.

Stay home and read.

Browse the "personals" and maybe get some nookie once in a while.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Greenlee View Post
First time poster. If this isn't an appropriate topic please delete.

Divorced 12 years ago, engaged 5 years ago, countless girlfriends in between. I can't find the one for me. I can't find a woman who I truly connect to. Now I'm lonely and I'm wondering if I'm going to end up spending the rest of my life alone. My family just encourages me to pick one and make a go of it, but I can't. I haven't met the girl that makes me want to invest my life in her.

Any advice?
Keep living your life and enjoy doing what you want to do. If you meet a woman who makes you want to hang it up and go home to her, go for it. If not, you won't have wasted your life waiting for her.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Stop being picky.
actually my advice would be to stop looking.

OP when you look for a girlfriend, they tend to shy away either because they are not ready, or you seem desperate. when you stop looking, women can relax around you and you can develop a relationship that might blossom into something longer term. in the mean time enjoy the ladies in your life now, take what they are willing to give.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually my advice would be to stop looking.

OP when you look for a girlfriend, they tend to shy away either because they are not ready, or you seem desperate. when you stop looking, women can relax around you and you can develop a relationship that might blossom into something longer term. in the mean time enjoy the ladies in your life now, take what they are willing to give.
Eh if you stop looking you can still attract jerks.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:18 PM

132 posts, read 106,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Well, my ex-fiance broke up with me when she realized she didn't want to live so far apart from her family anymore. Same thing with my ex-wife. I live in a resort area, so most of the women I meet have moved here from some other part of the country. They come to live for a few years and enjoy the scenery and lifestyle then move back to where they're from, a more practical location.

The women I date are all in their 20s. I have never dated anyone over 30. I know what you are all going to say; stick to women my own age. Thing is, I'm not attracted to women my age. And I refuse to believe that there are no relatively mature 20 somethings out there. I haven't found any yet except during my travels overseas, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Because I so desire just to have a decent conversation with a woman I've decided to start dating women who are in their 30s, early 30s. So I've widened the pool a little bit. Still though, I'm lonely, even when I'm dating. I find myself opting to spend my evenings alone rather than with someone I have nothing in common with except for a libido.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships