U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:06 PM

4,164 posts, read 9,980,003 times

Advertisements

The odd fact is that many times lies are not even necessary. There were two women at my job, in their 40's, who were dating married men. They just accepted the situation as it was and went on infrequent "booty calls". Some women settle for less.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 11:10 PM

6,566 posts, read 16,572,677 times
"I've really been trying to make my marriage work, but she's impossible."

Oh?? And that's why you called and invited me to lunch?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:00 AM

9,368 posts, read 23,996,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
"I've really been trying to make my marriage work, but she's impossible."

Oh?? And that's why you called and invited me to lunch?

How did we get so far along without this one?! "Waaaa, waaaa, poor me....I have been trying and trying..." The victim.

Great post.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:27 AM

17,887 posts, read 16,187,595 times
LOL. I know it's a red flag when the more I hear about the ex-, the more I start liking her and seeing her point of view as valid, reasonable and makes sense to me! When I start liking the sound of the ex-, even though I've never met her, and taking her side in my head with this person.....then it's time for me to let the person go!

Like the time really early on (like the second date) this person started justifying why domestic violence was just fine in some cases.....scary

Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 AM

4,980 posts, read 8,988,252 times
Married men should beware when their mistress starts to identify with the wife...

Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 PM

35,883 posts, read 71,757,787 times
Default Oh, here is one from a man having a midlife crisis

"My wife and I have just grown apart . . . and so now I am trying to find myself"

Now why he thought hitting on my friend was going to help him "find himself" was a mystery to us all.

So this guy bought a Porsche, and those of us who knew what he had said to our friend . . .used to see him dashing around in his convertible, semi-bald head glistening in the sun . . . and we would snicker and say

"There goes good ole XX, out in his Porsche, driving around, trying to find himself."

Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So this guy bought a Porsche, and those of us who knew what he had said to our friend . . .used to see him dashing around in his convertible, semi-bald head glistening in the sun . . . and we would snicker and say

"There goes good ole XX, out in his Porsche, driving around, trying to find himself."
LOL i can totally relate to the sports car purchase, except my ex was so cheap he went with some really low end tiny convertible, and you are so on the mark with the car coming the same time as the expanding bald area/receding hairline. LOL

Old 01-18-2008, 02:09 PM

24,841 posts, read 35,181,450 times
My X was deported. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 PM

35,883 posts, read 71,757,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
LOL i can totally relate to the sports car purchase, except my ex was so cheap he went with some really low end tiny convertible, and you are so on the mark with the car coming the same time as the expanding bald area/receding hairline. LOL
So glad you enjoyed that! I think the sports car/receding hairline phenomenon might be a lot more common than any of us knows!!!!

This happened about 18 years ago. What is so sad . . . another of my acquaintances, who is about 10 years younger than I, just reported her H bought a sports car last week! He is older than she - probably 58 or so. He bought this little Miata thing I think. He is about 50 lbs overweight, has more than a small bald spot and he is not what anyone would call an Adonis, if you know what I mean. I can see the problems on the horizon, but I think she has not caught on yet.

Nothing more ridiculous than an aging dude driving around thinking he has a Chick magnet of a car. EEEWWWWW. Just kind of icky. What woman would be interested in that??? Plus, being married.

And they say we women get nutty w/ menopause. Hmmmmmm.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So glad you enjoyed that! I think the sports car/receding hairline phenomenon might be a lot more common than any of us knows!!!!

Nothing more ridiculous than an aging dude driving around thinking he has a Chick magnet of a car. EEEWWWWW. Just kind of icky. What woman would be interested in that???
And they say we women get nutty w/ menopause. Hmmmmmm.
ROFL that's exactly what it was!!!! A Miata!!!!! Every time I see a Miata that's what I think of!!!! Even my teenage sons were embarrassed by it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships