U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM

9,368 posts, read 23,889,362 times

Advertisements

For the umpteenth time, someone has posted about their affair with a married person. And each time a new post crops up, it is always different from any of the millions of other adulterous affairs that have ocurred. Thier case is special.

What are some other one-liners that get recycled by adulterers?

And it can be a she or a he, I am just thinking of a few particular threads that pertained to male adulterers in the examples I have used.

I thought it would be fun to post all the one-liners that we hear repeatedly. For instance:

He said that he hasn't slept with his wife since we were together.

He said he's never felt this way before.

He is going to divorce his wife ___________ . (in January, when the kids are out of school, etc.)
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 09:45 PM
miu

17,636 posts, read 37,332,671 times
His wife doesn't understand him.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 PM

61,303 posts, read 81,261,576 times
(when she walks in the room in the act)
what are you going to believe, your eyes or what i tell you?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:20 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,038,055 times
"I'm just starting to finalize my divorce, it should be done in a week or two."

*two weeks later*

"Oh, there was just one bit of a complication, it could be another couple of weeks, nothing major, no big deal..."

*two weeks later*

"Oh, my lawyer was out of town for a while, he'll be back next week..."

and on and on and on

Old 01-10-2008, 11:04 PM

9,368 posts, read 23,889,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
His wife doesn't understand him.
I think this is the first one ever used. It was discovered chisseled on a cave wall in the early 1700s.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:11 AM
HDL
Status: "Keep PRAYING (Maverick City Music - Tribl)" (set 21 days ago)

3,208 posts, read 6,391,969 times
Talking Can I play this game 2????

"My wife and I are separated ."

<meaning: she's at home (watching our children, cleaning the house and making dinner) and I'm here with you >

Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 AM

2,489 posts, read 6,857,602 times
He has moved out while waiting for the divorce. (Wink Wink-love shack)

Old 01-11-2008, 09:46 AM

35,883 posts, read 71,352,946 times
Well, here are the ones I have heard from various friends who have cried on my shoulders over 40 years of listening, LOL. I swear every one of these is a true statement I have heard firsthand:

He is only staying til the kids get older.

His religious beliefs prohibit him from getting a divorce.

He will lose his business if he divorces her.

He works for his father-in-law and will lose his job if he gets a divorce.

His parents are against divorce and he will be cut out of the will if he gets a divorce.

His wife has a rare illness and he would feel guilty if he left her, plus - she would not have medical insurance coverage. (I swear!!!! this is true!!!!)

The last time he left his wife, she tried to kill herself, so he can't risk that again.

He would have to split his pension w/ his wife if he got a divorce, and he would not want to do that, then marry me, and have so little to live off.

It would ruin his career if he got a divorce.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:53 AM

64 posts, read 320,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, here are the ones I have heard from various friends who have cried on my shoulders over 40 years of listening, LOL. I swear every one of these is a true statement I have heard firsthand:

He is only staying til the kids get older.

His religious beliefs prohibit him from getting a divorce.

He will lose his business if he divorces her.

He works for his father-in-law and will lose his job if he gets a divorce.

His parents are against divorce and he will be cut out of the will if he gets a divorce.

His wife has a rare illness and he would feel guilty if he left her, plus - she would not have medical insurance coverage. (I swear!!!! this is true!!!!)

The last time he left his wife, she tried to kill herself, so he can't risk that again.

He would have to split his pension w/ his wife if he got a divorce, and he would not want to do that, then marry me, and have so little to live off.

It would ruin his career if he got a divorce.

Any man who would tell a woman a pack of lies like this has obviously never seen a really pissed off woman.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:52 AM

17,327 posts, read 15,908,281 times
staying together for the kids

like he gets points for being a great parent or something
because where my mind goes is "oh, so that's what you want your kids to grow up and do"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships