Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
When I was dating, I always wondered if I gave beautiful women the matter of the doubt. It seemed many of the most attractive women I dated could be cruel, mean, petty, boring and unpleasant to be around but I always gave them the matter of the doubt because they were so beautiful and sexy. The ones with the best personality were always the plain looking women but I was not mature enough to understand that in the long run it was better to have a relationship with a person I liked personally vs physically.

I found a good percentage of the beautiful women would have a lack of intellectual skills. Many were extremely intelligent but because they had so many social opportunities, they were unlikely to spend much time doing research at the Library on interesting topics of conversation. The plain looking women who was dateless on Friday night spent more time reading and following the news on TV.

The plain looking women had to work harder on her social skills and etiquette because she knew she had to try harder for a relationship. The beautiful women spent alot of time dating men who were only interested in their looks and did not spend as much time looking into compatibility and personality match.

Of course many of you will find exceptions to this rule (beautiful people who are wonderful inside and out), but I believe that most men make the mistake of giving ugly on the inside beautiful on the outside women the matter of the doubt, and suffer for it.

Agree or disagree?
Sort of agree. The really attractive people can get away with a lot more than average looking people. They know they're beautiful and they know that others think so. Too often, they end up with inflated egos thinking they can get away with treating others like dirt. But the problem with these people and the ones that go for them is that both will end up disappointed. The really beautiful woman will see her looks fade and men passing them up for younger, more attractive women. And the men who went for those women will eventually discover those women don't always offer much beyond their looks. I'm not saying all attractive people fit this stereotype, but too many do. In the long run, you shouldn't be cutting anyone extra slack just because of how they attractive they are. You do that and you're only encouraging them to walk all over you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:14 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Sort of agree. The really attractive people can get away with a lot more than average looking people. They know they're beautiful and they know that others think so. Too often, they end up with inflated egos thinking they can get away with treating others like dirt. But the problem with these people and the ones that go for them is that both will end up disappointed. The really beautiful woman will see her looks fade and men passing them up for younger, more attractive women. And the men who went for those women will eventually discover those women don't always offer much beyond their looks. I'm not saying all attractive people fit this stereotype, but too many do. In the long run, you shouldn't be cutting anyone extra slack just because of how they attractive they are. You do that and you're only encouraging them to walk all over you.
Well, this is exactly what I was thinking.

I remember there was a show, either 20/20 or PrimeTime Live that did a bit on how being attractive impacts people's lives. They planted two women stranded on the side of the road. The first was very plain looking and the second was a real beauty.

Well, you know what happened. Men were stopping all the time to assist the beauty and were blowing right past the plain girl.

They did the same thing with fake interviewees. They even went so far as to have the beauty claim to not have any of the prerequisite skills and the men would say, "Oh well, you can learn on the job. When can you start?" At the same time, they would brush off the very qualified plain-looking girl.

This is just a fact of life. People are more attracted to attractive people. However, in a relationship, like Denny says above, it would get really old dealing with somebody selfish or stupid.

Also, plain-looking guys are better in bed. I will call this a fact based on my own scientific research.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
re: song by harry belafonte get an ugly girl to marry you.
a horrible mistake you can be rotten inside and out.
dont try this one at home kids.
middle of the road is good.
unless you like vampires dont get a narcisst esp if you are an echo.
bad stuff.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
This public service message has been brought to you by the Plain Looking People Of America.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This public service message has been brought to you by the Plain Looking People Of America.
LMAO. It might be true, though.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:11 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
LMAO. It might be true, though.
Yes, probably so. But it's still a funny line.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:29 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
I ended up with a plain girl and I realized how much hotter she gets the older she is.
oh yes!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:32 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hilarious!!! Best laugh Ive had in a while.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 PM

34 posts, read 80,845 times
Default Amen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
If people weren't allowed to stereotype and over-generalize, we'd probably only have 10 posts a day in this entire forum!!

By the way, my husband is quite handsome and he is the best, most caring man I've ever been with. Before him, I dated a wide variety of men, and I can tell you that there are PLENTY of plain-looking jerks in the sea.
BIG, HUGE AMEN TO THIS ONE!! TO ANOTHER POSTER ABOVE, I DONT WEAR A HELL OF A LOT OF WARPAINT AND I DONT LOOK A HECK OF A LOT DIFFERENT WITH OR WITHOUT AND I FALL IN THE PRETTIER THAN THE NORM CATEGORY ( SO I HEAR) ...DONT YOU THINK IT IS MORE I NTHE INDIVIDUAL? LOTS OF STEREOTYPING ON THIS THREAD..

Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 PM

34 posts, read 80,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisavito View Post
lol, yes another shallow one about those awful good looking people!

All i can say from reading various threads on here that if your the slightest bit attractive mainstreet, you might as well forget it, you suck!!! Your mean, shallow and no one wants to date you or be your friend girl!! Go back to being plain now or spend your life a lonely lonely woman!!

love itttttt!!! Lmao this made my day.. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships