Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Young women (18-early 20's) could you date a young bald (shaved to the skin) guy?
Yes a shaved head can be attractive! 6 60.00%
While it's not ideal it's not an issue at all I could get past it and date a bald guy 1 10.00%
It's generally unattractive at such a young age, and will make your goal very difficult 2 20.00%
At 19 with no hair that goal is next to impossible 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 01:45 PM

7 posts, read 18,849 times

Advertisements

I'm a 19 year old who due to a benign condition after family death lost a lot of hair, it won't recover so I opted to shave it to the skin. It works okay on me (I'm skinny and pale but have a decent head shape and face for it) but I'm very concerned what young women my age will think. A big goal of mine was to be married in my 20's to a girl the same age I was attracted to for her body and mind- I admit looks matter, and while not everything are a doorway to something more. And I know many women think the same way. So I want honesty, young women, would you give a shaved bald guy the time of day? Would you date one? Is it generally attractive or unattractive etc. And does this put a foot in the grave for my goal of being married young to an attractive woman? Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 01:47 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,940,305 times
I started shaving my dome around 22 and I don't think it hindered me one little bit in dating. It probably helped. I had a full, but very fine head of hair (whispy) and if a chick was really into the full thick head of hair thing, she wouldn't have wanted me anyway. On the other side, there is a whole lot of people that like the bald look and I dated them.

Own it. What other choice do you really have anyway?

Old 03-09-2015, 02:23 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,793,080 times
At that young of an age, it's been my experience that more women prefer hair than not. It's not a death sentence or anything, and you'll find more women into the bald as you get older, but if you're purely playing the numbers....then no, hair > bald.

That said, like Timberline mentioned...you don't have any other options. Own it, and find the women that like it. There are plenty out there. On the list of "negative physical qualities", bald is one of the ones that matters the least.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
At that young of an age, it's been my experience that more women prefer hair than not. It's not a death sentence or anything, and you'll find more women into the bald as you get older, but if you're purely playing the numbers....then no, hair > bald.

That said, like Timberline mentioned...you don't have any other options. Own it, and find the women that like it. There are plenty out there. On the list of "negative physical qualities", bald is one of the ones that matters the least.
I realize on paper that women would prefer hair this age, but does that mean an attractive girl who prefers hair wouldn't give a bald guy a shot? Example for me personally I have preferences of how a girls hair looks but could get past it easily if she were attractive overall. Mod cut. So I ask if lack of hair to said girl would be. 'Just against preference' or a 'deal breaker' category

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-09-2015 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Off-topic. Please stick to the hair/no hair topic.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:18 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,793,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
I realize on paper that women would prefer hair this age, but does that mean an attractive girl who prefers hair wouldn't give a bald guy a shot? Example for me personally I have preferences of how a girls hair looks but could get past it easily if she were attractive overall. Mod cut. So I ask if lack of hair to said girl would be. 'Just against preference' or a 'deal breaker' category
Most will, sure. Like I said, it's less likely to be a dealbreaker than say, being short or overweight. Naturally, you'll find some women that won't, just like you'll find some women that won't date you because you hail from a state that has a bird that makes a sound she doesn't like. But if you get too hung up on them, you'll go crazy.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:00 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Don't focus so much on your baldness, OP. Charm them with your personality. Let them get to know you through in-class projects, or campus activities or clubs. Plenty of guys start balding at 18 and still manage to find partners in their 20's. Be a great guy to be around, and things will work out. Focus on your strengths, and forget about your self-conscious worries.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't focus so much on your baldness, OP. Charm them with your personality. Let them get to know you through in-class projects, or campus activities or clubs. Plenty of guys start balding at 18 and still manage to find partners in their 20's. Be a great guy to be around, and things will work out. Focus on your strengths, and forget about your self-conscious worries.
It's actually kinda ironic I'm one of the youngest licensed skydivers in my state, and I love it, so I have confidence in myself at times obviously but around a girl I was attracted to, especially without hair...it's tough.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:55 PM

165 posts, read 159,417 times
I'm 21 and the biggest thing I think that matters in both men and women is the face. If ya got a cute face, you can basically do whatever the hell you want. lol.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:06 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,903 times
Any lack of confidence about your head will torpedo your success more then your actual lack of hair.

That said, start lifting weights and dress sharp (mostly meaning wear clothes that fit well, t shirt and jeans can look sharp or terrible depending on fit and quality, stick with solid colors on the shirts).

Old 03-11-2015, 02:57 PM

8 posts, read 19,421 times
I know this sounds like a horrible joke, but i have to find the humor in things.

Bald to Badass in Two Easy Steps - CollegeHumor Video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships