Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 06:33 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,854,769 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else finding that the percentage of disgruntled, jaded men is extremely high these days? In dating, I come across so many guys who have been so burned by women that they come to view them so negatively and with such distrust that it really affects their dating life.

I went out with this guy last week who started the date acting like a jerk. I was very close to walking out until he saw that his behavior had affected me, and he apologized. He said that he had spent his life dealing with "phony" women and that he thought I was just another one of the "phony" ones.

What's scary to me is (1) that he jumped to the conclusion that I was "phony" so quickly, and (2) that he felt because I was "phony" that he had the right to act like an ass? Is this a male ego thing, to burn before you get burned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 06:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,995,420 times
Run!

He's a mental case.Stable men don't act like that.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:46 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,223,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Is anyone else finding that the percentage of disgruntled, jaded men is extremely high these days? In dating, I come across so many guys who have been so burned by women that they come to view them so negatively and with such distrust that it really affects their dating life.

I went out with this guy last week who started the date acting like a jerk. I was very close to walking out until he saw that his behavior had affected me, and he apologized. He said that he had spent his life dealing with "phony" women and that he thought I was just another one of the "phony" ones.

What's scary to me is (1) that he jumped to the conclusion that I was "phony" so quickly, and (2) that he felt because I was "phony" that he had the right to act like an ass? Is this a male ego thing, to burn before you get burned?
From what I've observed, there's been a role reversal among men and women of this generation.

There are far more quality men than quality women. These women screw the men over (whether it be cheating, divorce, constant rejection, etc) and the men become bitter and jaded.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,995,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
From what I've observed, there's been a role reversal among men and women of this generation.

There are far more quality men than quality women. These women screw the men over (whether it be cheating, divorce, constant rejection, etc) and the men become bitter and jaded.
Rrrright.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:49 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,049,002 times
Quote:

Then don't date! If you're going to be rude and act like an ******* just sit at home and keep your bitter, toxic personality to yourself!

Old 03-07-2015, 06:51 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,854,769 times
Quote:

I think that men and women alike probably start out as quality, and then they meet the wrong person (or people) and get screwed over, and then they become guarded and mean.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:54 PM

718 posts, read 617,716 times
Way back when, I was called ugly a few times because I found older men undesirable. Quite a few rep comments by the guys on here lol.

Meh. I think there are still quite a few nice guys out there. Untainted, so to speak. It's difficult to see it here because these forums are populated with resentful, unhappy threads centered around dating life woes.

Misery loves company!

Old 03-07-2015, 06:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,522,664 times
Quote:

Agreed. Men would never do that.

[wait...wut? ]

Old 03-07-2015, 06:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,522,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Then don't date! If you're going to be rude and act like an ******* just sit at home and keep your bitter, toxic personality to yourself!
And post about it on the internet!!

[]

Old 03-07-2015, 06:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,955,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Run!

He's a mental case.Stable men don't act like that.
i think raena is right, the guy sounds like he is a bit unstable.

i personally have been burned by women in the past, but i dont take that out on other women. i take all people on an individual basis. thus if that person burns me, they get put out, but i wont take it out on their friends, or similar people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships