Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 01:13 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times

Advertisements

So, my friend went with a guy the other day and his behaviour was weird to say the least. Just for thr record my friend is 31, very attractive, brunnete, tall, slim, smart, friendly, great carreer, quite a catch. Recently separated from a ltr, she decided to start doing Online dating, to see how it went.

So she went out with this guy, a musician and photographer who, from what i seen in pictures, is not attractive, kinda looks like he doesnt shower, grumpy, lots of hair, nothing to write home about.

Anyways, first date, they go have drinks, my friend wasnt impressed but she decided to go with it. The guy first tells her he doesnt drink. Like at all. He even say he never tried any alcohol beverage. Not even a zip of beer. First thought that came to my mind:alcoholic.

I mean, come on, what kind of person in his 30s in a non religios progressive city like this one has never tried alcohol?

Anyways, moving on, they kept chatting but the conversation wasnt flowing and my friend wasnt feeling it, the guy didnt seem so into it either.

So, the guy had a friends birthday to go to, so my friend happily used this as an escape and said she would go home. But then, something strange happened: the guy told my friend to go with him, she declined, he insisted, she said it would be weird, he said it was in a bar, he would say hi to the friend and then proceed to keep talking to her, he said he didnt wanted the night to end so early, etc.

So my friend ended up going and it was all even more weird. She arrived to the "party" with this guy she barely knew (and have talked once online only), it was in a bar, yes, but in the top floor of an almost silent bar, there was only one table, with six or seven friends of the guy. Intimate friends.

When they arrived, the friends all procceed to be very warm and celebratory to the guy, the guy became the center of attention. My friend told me that before seeing him with his friends, she thought he was dull, boring and uninteresting, but after seeing how they friends care for him, she thought maybe he was better than he seemed.

Anyways, so the friends were super nice to the guy (he was the center of attention all night) and to my friend. They were nice, interesting people. She end up chatting a lot with the girls in the group, and they hit it of inmediatly. She ended up staying until 7 am. After that, the guy walk my friend to a taxi and say goodbye.

She texted the next day to say she had a good time but hw never texted back, and then a week passed and nothing.

My friend doesnt care about the guy but is curious about what happened? Why taking her to a reunion of your closest friends if you dont dig her? (Did i mentioned the 6 or 7 people that were in the reunion have been friends with the guy since elementary school? They were some old pals and their gf. They were very very close, as in the tvshow friends. That type)

Any insight? I said the guy was a closeted gay and wanted to show her of so their friends dont suspect it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 01:22 AM

61,759 posts, read 87,217,162 times
You know only her side of the story, but looks like they just didn't click. It happens.
He probably just needed an attractive companion for the reunion. Maybe she saw him as a unattractive, boring, dull person, but that was just her judgment. Obviously his friends think otherwise.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:30 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,760,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You know only her side of the story, but looks like they just didn't click. It happens.
He probably just needed an attractive companion for the reunion. Maybe she saw him as a unattractive, boring, dull person, but that was just her judgment. Obviously his friends think otherwise.
Thats exactly what i was thinking elnina

Old 03-17-2015, 02:53 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
I think one ought to take a step back and be open before assuming that someone falls perfectly into their shape box. For example, I don't drink outside the house. In a ball room where they may be offering free white and red wine, I still have to buy my tonic or soda water. The reasons are legal (which I won't go into here) and personal: if I get really going with the party, I don't want to wake up the next morning wondering if what I did was caused by party energy or alcohol.

Further, I am guessing that you aren't part of his scene. My Ren Fest friends tend to have some interesting birthday parties and weddings. Long story short, if the observer is of the background of "I gave up dress up when I was 12!", they aren't likely to understand.

But that is how it is in much of life, isn't it? How one understands.......and how one interprets, often depends on their background.

Step back and consider alternate possibilities.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:25 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,948 times
Maybe one of the girls asked you something in a sly way to test your interest in him and it got back to him. It's obvious he brought you there to impress his friends, also.

Oops--I didn't mean you, I meant the friend you're writing about.

I think.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
So, my friend went with a guy the other day and his behaviour was weird to say the least. Just for thr record my friend is 31, very attractive, brunnete, tall, slim, smart, friendly, great carreer, quite a catch. Recently separated from a ltr, she decided to start doing Online dating, to see how it went.

So she went out with this guy, a musician and photographer who, from what i seen in pictures, is not attractive, kinda looks like he doesnt shower, grumpy, lots of hair, nothing to write home about.

Anyways, first date, they go have drinks, my friend wasnt impressed but she decided to go with it. The guy first tells her he doesnt drink. Like at all. He even say he never tried any alcohol beverage. Not even a zip of beer. First thought that came to my mind:alcoholic.

I mean, come on, what kind of person in his 30s in a non religios progressive city like this one has never tried alcohol?

Anyways, moving on, they kept chatting but the conversation wasnt flowing and my friend wasnt feeling it, the guy didnt seem so into it either.

So, the guy had a friends birthday to go to, so my friend happily used this as an escape and said she would go home. But then, something strange happened: the guy told my friend to go with him, she declined, he insisted, she said it would be weird, he said it was in a bar, he would say hi to the friend and then proceed to keep talking to her, he said he didnt wanted the night to end so early, etc.

So my friend ended up going and it was all even more weird. She arrived to the "party" with this guy she barely knew (and have talked once online only), it was in a bar, yes, but in the top floor of an almost silent bar, there was only one table, with six or seven friends of the guy. Intimate friends.

When they arrived, the friends all procceed to be very warm and celebratory to the guy, the guy became the center of attention. My friend told me that before seeing him with his friends, she thought he was dull, boring and uninteresting, but after seeing how they friends care for him, she thought maybe he was better than he seemed.

Anyways, so the friends were super nice to the guy (he was the center of attention all night) and to my friend. They were nice, interesting people. She end up chatting a lot with the girls in the group, and they hit it of inmediatly. She ended up staying until 7 am. After that, the guy walk my friend to a taxi and say goodbye.

She texted the next day to say she had a good time but hw never texted back, and then a week passed and nothing.

My friend doesnt care about the guy but is curious about what happened? Why taking her to a reunion of your closest friends if you dont dig her? (Did i mentioned the 6 or 7 people that were in the reunion have been friends with the guy since elementary school? They were some old pals and their gf. They were very very close, as in the tvshow friends. That type)

Any insight? I said the guy was a closeted gay and wanted to show her of so their friends dont suspect it
Wow, you have a lot of prejudices. There's really no way to know this guy's whole story after a few hours, and anything else is speculation. I would let your friend figure out her own romantic involvements based on her personal extended interactions.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:54 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Wow, you have a lot of prejudices. There's really no way to know this guy's whole story after a few hours, and anything else is speculation. I would let your friend figure out her own romantic involvements based on her personal extended interactions.
This is what I was thinking. Not calling her back automatically means he is a closeted gay, and not drinking alcohol means alcoholic? Wow.

I thought your city was soooo progressive???

Old 03-17-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
This is what I was thinking. Not calling her back automatically means he is a closeted gay, and not drinking alcohol means alcoholic? Wow.

I thought your city was soooo progressive???

Im basing what i said on what she told me about the guy.

It is weird the guy introduced her to his closest friends (after insisting a lot) and then didnt call her again no more

Old 03-17-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

She told me the story and asked me what i thought. I base myself on what she said, and she agreed it could be the case

Old 03-17-2015, 09:02 AM

Would you (as a guy) take a lady to a reunion with your closest friends if you have no intention in ever xalling her again???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships