Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mother/wife ambitions less attractive than hyper career ambitions?
Yes 24 29.63%
No 57 70.37%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:05 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
This was also a factor IMO. But, the outsourcing of jobs overseas came first. The decrease in wages would have occurred anyway because they were paying foreign employees a lot less, so wages dropped here as well. Either I stay content with making 10 dollars per hour or I can protest and demand $20, all the while the corporation either gives my job to someone else or they move them all overseas where those workers will be more than happy to have them. But, sure the supply of workers was important in all of this, can't deny that.
No it didnt.

I posted a department of labor sourced article last week talking about women in the worlforce post WW2 (BEFORE outsourcing)

Old 03-20-2015, 12:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
I should have clarified. Outside of reproduction (I thought this was implied), men do not need women for anything.
Even the gay men that I know wouldn't agree with that.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
Ok, I'll bite. Outside of reproduction, what do men need women for, in terms of the day-to-day operation of a civilization?

I mean, look around you. Everything that allows you to be safe, comfortable, to drive your car, communication, on and on and on was invented, created, and maintained by men.
So, you couldn't survive with out your car and your telephone?

And you might want to take a look at this -
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahjewell...rld#.un8OKy0kd

If you need your car to survive - would you be happy if it didn't have heat? Are you willing to give up your refrigerator?

Besides - most people actually like human beings based on their personalities and don't automatically discount an entire gender based on their gender alone.

Honestly, I feel kind of bad engaging with you. You are obviously not in a healthy place emotionally and I feel like you get off on the attention you receive here for saying things that are obviously off.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:15 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post

Honestly, I feel kind of bad engaging with you. You are obviously not in a healthy place emotionally and I feel like you get off on the attention you receive here for saying things that are obviously off.
Yes, this thread should probably be closed, it's gone so far off the rails.....

Old 03-20-2015, 12:16 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Agreed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships