Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 07:42 PM

290 posts, read 214,372 times

Advertisements

I met a girl today in a social circle that I'm apart of in college. Right off the bat, I was interested in her (we both have the same culture and ethnicity, which helped). We talked for a bit to start off, and I was being playful with her a bit, and making her laugh. After about 10 minutes, when the rest of the group she was with left, it was just me and her. Talked a bit more, and she said if I was finished with my classes for the day. Said yes, and told me that we should go to this bar that's close by, and that she can get a discount since she knows people there, I said sure.

We get there, and we pretty much talked for a good hour before she wanted to leave (she didn't even glance at her cell phone during that time, which was encouraging!). We talked a lot about our interest and hobbies, jobs, cultures, movies/shows, if we like our school, sports, relationship history, etc. Conversation seemed to flow, and there rarely were any pauses (she usually filled in the pause void pretty quickly). At some point, she even asked me if I had a girlfriend (which made me think there's interest on her part there, most women have never asked me that).. She even made some aggressive moves like inviting me to an event next weekend (even asked for my number so she can give more details of it!). I then started playfully telling her that we should go see the premiere of this movie next month, and she was down.

Said no, and then asked if she was in a relationship. She said she has a boyfriend back in Europe (she's in a long distance relationship), but that she doesn't feel as if she should be attached to someone at her age that's not even in her location. I get the feeling that she might break up with this guy soon since he wants something serious with her, but yet, is located elsewhere.

Regardless, do you think she was interested in me based on this post, or she was simply being friendly since she met someone that's the same culture/ethnicity as her (not a lot of the same culture/ethnicity type people at my school)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 08:07 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
All signs point to yes.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:32 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Asking if you have a girlfriend does mean she's interested in you on at least some level.

The fact that she also invited you to tag along with her so she'd get to know you more, and also be the first one to ask for your number as you both were leaving, does mean she's interested in you.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 03-12-2015 at 08:41 PM..

Old 03-13-2015, 01:46 AM

I'm inclined to agree with you guys, but not sure if I necessarily want to pursue it further if she's in a LDR. Yes, the guy lives way far away, but it's still technically a relationship.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:20 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
It sounds like she is interested, but you should be very straightforward the next time she asks you to do something and tell her you'd love to go out, but not if she has a boyfriend.

Make her stay legit so she doesn't just use you while she's in town and then after 6 months dump you when she goes back home.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:08 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
I agree with wmsn4life....
she may just want a temp bf so she doesn't feel as lonely while she isn't with her LD bf. Protect your time and heart. There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, just catching a show and being friends. If it turns into more of an attraction than friends, be careful.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:51 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,799 times
What do your PUA gurus tell you?

Old 03-13-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It sounds like she is interested, but you should be very straightforward the next time she asks you to do something and tell her you'd love to go out, but not if she has a boyfriend.

Make her stay legit so she doesn't just use you while she's in town and then after 6 months dump you when she goes back home.
She's in college here in the US for at least the next few years...so she isn't going back home permanently anytime soon..if ever. She typically goes back home for the summer, which she's doing this year.

Should also note that she's 18 and I'm 23.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
She's in college here in the US for at least the next few years...so she isn't going back home permanently anytime soon..if ever. She typically goes back home for the summer, which she's doing this year.

Should also note that she's 18 and I'm 23.
I would take it very slow and not get too invested right now.

She is VERY young and literally just entering the so-called adult dating world. I would not approach this as any more than fun.

I still wouldn't date her as long as she has a BF.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
Is she interested, being friendly, or mix of both?
A little bit of both. I would go for it. Even if the relationship becomes more of a platonic arrangement, that would be fine because it appears that the two of you enjoy each other's company. Have a good time and maintain a good attitude no matter the outcome.

[]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships