Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

You're not doing anything wrong in this situation. I'm not here to chastise you.

But, in this thread you are curious as to why you're getting so lucky with women. You then proceed to post a text conversation which revealed to many of us posters that this was a teenage girl. If this is your age bracket for getting laid and getting away with the stuff you do, you can have'em, they have no idea what they actually want in life. This girl doesn't, and if she thinks she does, once she matures she'll realize her naivety about how she thought a few years ago.

No, you aren't doing anything wrong, you're not having sex with 12 year olds, and although I don't know your age, all I'm thinking right now is you're actually preying on younger women. If you're a couple of years within 19 years old, then it's not all that bad reading since you probably need to grow a little more too.

Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy who doesn't care about what a woman looks like as much, and places much more importance on intelligence and personality. I'm not a guy who goes out looking for ONS, but wants a LTR, and has always looked for certain qualities that have big pay-offs down the road of life.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-31-2015 at 08:55 AM..

Old 03-15-2015, 12:45 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
well interesting to hear that it does happen

Old 03-15-2015, 03:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadKing88 View Post
I really don't know how this is happening, but i certainly tell you that women are not gold diggers. It can't just be due to my confidence, though. I approach women i am attracted to and actually listen to what they say, get them to talk about themselves and I'm interested in them, but in terms of my material wealth, i am shocked that any women would sleep with me.

I am decent looking guy with a good body, but I have nothing of material worth yet there are women who will invite me to their place for drinks or whatever (this is after our phone conversations and maybe some flirty texting) and then it leads to sex or at the very minimum some kind of foreplay/heavy making out.

I was being told that women only want a guy with "this" or "that" [insert material possession] and that they wouldn't bother with a guy like me. Well [Snip.]! I can get women even in my situation and now i feel smug because of the doubters.

Please don't get me wrong, however, as i actually enjoy being in the presence of these women and we almost always stay friends because they know i'm not looking for anything serious. Also, i can't provide for myself, let alone other people yet, so i'm not going to enter into serious relationships. I would rather be honest with these women than lead them along, it's only morally right.
I can relate. Maybe we should open up a club or something.

BBO

Baller Beyond Odds.

Or something like that.

But yeah, if you know how to talk to people and can carry yourself well, then you should be able to do well with women, even as someone who is down and out, (like me).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-31-2015 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-15-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You must be irresistible!

Some women like losers - mostly those who don't believe to be worthy, are afraid to be alone, or they are losers too...
... not that he's a loser or anything.

No car, no job, and still getting something for it, he's got to be doing something right.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:07 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
To the OP; I totally believe you, having a lot of confidence makes a big difference, this is what held me back in my late teens and early 20's, I had the looks, a nice car, but lacked self confidence and I could not get laid if my life depended on it. There is more to life than sex, but still congrats OP at least someone is getting some these days!!

Old 03-15-2015, 03:15 PM

709 posts, read 766,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtraveler View Post
You don't have money, you aren't getting used for money. All you have to offer is sex, so that's all you get.
And that's bad, because?

Old 03-15-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
In another thread the OP described himself as selfish, lacking empathy, and narcissistic. This was the thread where he said he hit on women in relationships, and with some success. In this thread he describes himself as physically attractive and charming, things that everyone can improve on but which not everyone can claim as strengths even after improvement.

So the OP is hardly a "good guy" by your definition, Ruth4Truth, and rbohm, while the women in his life may know his intentions, it certainly sounds like he creates a façade of openness and honesty to mask his selfishness, lack of empathy, and narcissism.

So am I crazy, or does the OP's experience actually feed into one narrative often sounded here about charming jerks getting lots of women?
In my research, these are the usual types of people that can charm your pants off, and then leave you high and dry.

(distances himself from OP)

Old 03-15-2015, 07:10 PM

417 posts, read 594,588 times
TheMadKing88, that is fantastic!! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Where are you finding these women? What part of the country do you live in? Is it in an area that has many more women than men?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:10 PM

270 posts, read 283,121 times
BS or not, I just wanted to address the idealists who say that money, job, etc. would not matter, if the guy has other redeeming qualities to bring to the table. Yes, and no. I've walked the walk, am not a material person, but have established a certain lifestyle. I did date a guy who was broke, (and as it turned out, was much like the OP dude in question, but had 30ish years on him, still), and it worked only because I settled to his standard of life. At the same time, things I have been taken for granted for decades, were only possible if I paid for everything. He would have not been able to join me in the things/activities I feel passionate about. I am not sure this would have lasted over the long haul, and it eventually ended on his terms when I stopped the gravy train for him. He put on his charm, and fooled the next woman, and who knows how many after that. Showing off redeeming qualities was just an act to get where he wanted to be.

Needless to say, I will take my rose-colored social justice glasses off next time, and select someone who can at least hold their own.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:31 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
OP, I only read your 1st post & then kind of skimmed through your other posts on the other pages. At least you seem to not be pomopus about it...getting laid, that is when you have nothing.

I think the women who like you do so because they either:

a) like your personality & think you're a sweet guy

and/or

b) they just have low standards/self esteem within themselves & don't care who they have sex with (in which your personality has nothing to do with it)

My advice to a guy in this situation is to stay nice, humble, sweet, & respectful, while always aspiring to improve & better yourself financially (go back to school, work hard, etc.) because a financially well-off guy who's ALSO sweet & humble too is a rare find & we need a lot more guys like that in this corrupt & morally bankrupt world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships