Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 08:52 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,163,732 times

Advertisements

See a lawyer. Many will do the first appointment for free. See the lawyer FIRST so s/he can help you plan the best way to Get Out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 09:02 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,591,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
See a lawyer. Many will do the first appointment for free. See the lawyer FIRST so s/he can help you plan the best way to Get Out.
You might at least read the last three posts ...

Old 08-20-2011, 09:31 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,924,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j&g_gma View Post
I have been living with my boyfriend for about 3 1/2 years we had a child 14 months ago. I no longer want to live with him for the following reasons ... he will not try to get a job ,he treats me like crap, he talks to other girls on the computer and the phone and he doesn't hide it when he does it. He claims he needs to smoke pot because it calms his nerves. When we first got together I really thought we might get married and when we had a child together I made the mistake of giving her his last name and I put his name on the birth certificate. We will never get married . I don't love him anymore. When I said I was going to leave him ... he threaten me "fine go ahead if you never want to see you baby again" he said he would get a laywer and get custudy of our child. Is there any way he can do this to me ? I am the one that works and supports us ... He gets SSI for autism and other mental problems . He also saids he needs to smoke pot . I don't want our child in this situation anymore I am tried of it..... but I am scared I will never see my child again if I try to move ... what should I do??
Plain an simple stand up to him an get a Order of protection .... most guys who say this are full of Shyte BTW a REAL MAN does not threaten a women or a child A REAL man will fight another MAN. So your so called man is a Puzzee.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Plain an simple stand up to him an get a Order of protection .... most guys who say this are full of Shyte BTW a REAL MAN does not threaten a women or a child A REAL man will fight another MAN. So your so called man is a Puzzee.
This is getting hilarious. The thread is almost four years old, the OP never returned to it and it's slowly gathering momentum as more posters insist on responding without reading even the last few posts. ROFL.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,067,277 times
Quote:
I have been living with my boyfriend for about 3 1/2 years we had a child 14 months ago. I no longer want to live with him for the following reasons ... he will not try to get a job ,he treats me like crap, he talks to other girls on the computer and the phone and he doesn't hide it when he does it. He claims he needs to smoke pot because it calms his nerves. When we first got together I really thought we might get married and when we had a child together I made the mistake of giving her his last name and I put his name on the birth certificate. We will never get married . I don't love him anymore. When I said I was going to leave him ... he threaten me "fine go ahead if you never want to see you baby again" he said he would get a laywer and get custudy of our child. Is there any way he can do this to me ? I am the one that works and supports us ... He gets SSI for autism and other mental problems . He also saids he needs to smoke pot . I don't want our child in this situation anymore I am tried of it..... but I am scared I will never see my child again if I try to move ... what should I do??
1. Document everything. Take photos of his stash of pot.
2. Take your child and drive to your parents. If they won't take you in, then drive to the nearest women's shelter.
3. Turn him in for possession.
4. Never, ever look back.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 AM

52,063 posts, read 52,503,419 times
This thread is a couple of yrs old and the OP hasn't posted since then.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,067,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Ah. I should have known.

Given the number of posts on the subject, I just figured that we were celebrating, Indecisive, Insecure Women Who Need Advice From Total Strangers To Do The Obvious Day.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:52 AM

15,853 posts, read 35,081,781 times
Quote:
Time to start using your brain.

First of all, pretend that *nothing* is wrong. Be sweet, charming, loving, etc. to him for the next six months. During that time DOCUMENT everything he does that is illegal. Take as many pictures/videos as possible of him smoking pot. *anything* that will bolster your case for custody. Be smart about it, not OBVIOUS, for God's sake.

Talk with your mother about her asking for custody instead of you. It is easier for older, established people (assuming that she is a little more stable), getting custody of grandchilden.

In six months, find an attorney and file for custody. By this time you will hopefully have tons of ammo showing that he is an unfit parent and that the child will be better off with you. In fact, you need to ask for supervised visitation.

I would also get into counseling yourself so that you improve your self esteem enough to not pick a loser next time. Oh, and please wait until you are married to have children. Better yet, maybe one is enough, ya think?

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-20-2011, 09:52 AM

52,063 posts, read 52,503,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Ah. I should have known.

Given the number of posts on the subject, I just figured that we were celebrating, Indecisive, Insecure Women Who Need Advice From Total Strangers To Do The Obvious Day.
LOL.... maybe, just maybe... some hapless person in the same situation might read this thread and become less of what you mentioned.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

See threads 33 through 44. It's actually almost four years old. Rather creeps me out that so many people don't/won't read before jumping in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships